X games 15 rally... - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-03-2009, 02:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
X games 15 rally...

Did anyone else watch that sunday? Kinda ticks me off that the Ford Fiestas' are out there considering they're a european model until 2010. But of course you can't buy a Citrogen thats in WRC in america either. That and they're turbo awd models...that probably never see a production line. I'm glad that Kenny Brack won, because he's a great driver. But, Pastrana lost it for himself wrecking. Oh well...Tanner Foust took bronze. Freaking did anyone see Ken Block's practice run flip? He flipped his car on its roof. LOL...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-03-2009, 02:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

06f250sd is an unknown
I'm sure watching it on television was much better than in person. We were right there when he flipped his car; as soon as they had the track cleared they put up signs saying that you couldn't stand there anymore. Deegan was a joke, after seeing Block get DQ'd for not jumping you figured he would have learned..
#3 Old 08-03-2009, 03:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
Deegans car broke tho...he had a blown intercooler pipe so he didn't have enough power to make the jump

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#4 Old 08-03-2009, 05:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Yep, his turbo hose was broke or too short or something....They ended up taking the turbo off because they couldn't fix it. Deegan was at a 3rd of the power that his car is normally at with boost. I have to hate on the Fiestas though. It's not a production car in the least. Boo...on rallying a car that isn't anywhere near a car you can buy. Its based on a platform that you can't buy.
#5 Old 08-03-2009, 06:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

06f250sd is an unknown
I didn't know that, that makes sense then. They should have just let them all keep racing instead of calling it like they did. Let them put on a "show"; that is why they are there.
#6 Old 08-05-2009, 08:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

Skipping the jump is a auto DQ. Just they didn't flag Block for doing it. Like they red flagged Deegan for doing it. I think it took most of Block's lap for the judges to look up the ruling. Once Deegan did it...they already knew it was a auto DQ. The commentators weren't even sure when block did it.