WRX vs. Mustang Cobra - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-11-2004, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

RAAZ227 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to RAAZ227
WRX vs. Mustang Cobra

Well last night I was driving down the highway and this Mustang Cobra (2000 body style non-supercarged)) pulls up next to me. So I wanted to see what my Stock '04 WRX could do from a roll. So I dropped it into 4th flexed a little. I heard him drop down some gears. It hopped so I punched my Rex. I got the pull on him from 4th then I am assuming he got it into 4th gear and he pulled on me about half a car lenth, then I let off. This Cobra was not stock at all. It was loud as hell and I could atleast hear a intake. This was from a 60mph roll. I should have dropped it into 3rd I guess and I probbly could have done a little better. Well, not that I street race all the time so I am not promoting it, I just wanted to see what my stock rex could do. Well, I thought it wasn't to shabby for my Rex being stock. Of course he hit the flashers on my and then I took my exit. What does everyone think?? Should I have done better or got smoked??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-11-2004, 09:09 PM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
That sounds pretty good to me. Nice. But I thought all Cobras were supercharged? O well I don't know much about domestics
post #3 of 6 Old 04-11-2004, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

RAAZ227 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally posted by IBAUCLAPla
That sounds pretty good to me. Nice. But I thought all Cobras were supercharged? O well I don't know much about domestics
I thought just the SVT's were supercharged. This one wasn't an SVT. hmmm
post #4 of 6 Old 04-11-2004, 11:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

WrxFoLife is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to WrxFoLife
I say you pulled good against it. Ford and Dodge runs in my family and I'm happy to hear that a Wrx took on a Corba.

Mike
post #5 of 6 Old 04-11-2004, 11:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

BlueDemon is known to be trustworthy and helpful BlueDemon is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to BlueDemon
Quote:
Originally posted by RAAZ227

I thought just the SVT's were supercharged. This one wasn't an SVT. hmmm
AFAIK, Cobras ARE SVTs. The two words are synonymous. Not to mention, I believe it was just 03 and up that are supercharged. Also AFAIK, no Mustangs have come Super Charged from the factory besides the new Cobras.

Blue
post #6 of 6 Old 04-12-2004, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

RAAZ227 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueDemon

AFAIK, Cobras ARE SVTs. The two words are synonymous. Not to mention, I believe it was just 03 and up that are supercharged. Also AFAIK, no Mustangs have come Super Charged from the factory besides the new Cobras.

Blue
Yeah thats what I thought. The newest ones were supercharged from the factory. I def. did not hear a blower outta this thing.

WrxFoLife: I just pulled on him for about a half a car. I only dropped it in to 4th where 3rd prob. would have done me better. I know he dropped it into 3rd by the way the whole car jumped. Then once he shifted into 4th HE pulled 1/2 to 3/4 car length on me!