WRX sightings - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 06-26-2005, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
WRX sightings

So, I made a trip from WV to VA and DC over the weekend. I must have honestly seen over 15 WRX's on the road and around the area. Any of them you guys? I was speeding quite a bit on the beltway.

Oh, on a side note, at like 4am on our way home Saturday, some black what looked like a Mazda matched speeds and kept revving at me. I was DD and everyone was pretty much drunk. One girl had completly passed out and has to drag her to the car. He didn't know though since my windows are tinted and up. I could her his turbo or something high pitched everytime he reved it (in gear). Doof finally got tired and drove away.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-28-2005, 08:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

snailpower is an unknown
I'm late to the party as usual, but you could have seen me around Strasburg, Front Royal, or Winchester this past weekend. I just bought an 02 wrx white w/ carbon fiber hood, and black factory wheels, exhaust etc. I saw a couple of soobs around while I was out. One was silver with an exhaust (on Strasburg rd)...guy waved to me, thats pretty cool . The other was blue w/ white rims (in Winchester). Anyhow, hello from a new member I've tried to post pics but it didn't work twice, so I gave up.
post #3 of 9 Old 06-29-2005, 12:33 AM
WRXtuners Member

wingless is an unknown
I live south of Harrisonburg VA but made a loop last Saturday to Luray, Warrenton, Fredericksburg and ended up at the IRL race in Richmond. Buddies offered to pay for gas if I picked up everybody for the races. Man, the mountain outside of New Market, Rt 211, is a blast at 65 MPH! If you saw an 04 San Remo Red with no wing, tinted windows & bronze Rota's that would be me, probably playing Green Day's new CD way too loud!
post #4 of 9 Old 06-29-2005, 03:00 AM Thread Starter
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Haha, I love Green Day. Anyways, I was around the Fairfax, VA and downtown DC area. Got lost several times on the beltway =P Just curious, I was just surprised how many WRX's I passed! I'm lucky to see the same 3 around town during the summer.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
post #5 of 9 Old 07-11-2005, 02:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

My05WRX is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to My05WRX
I was at the nascar race in Chicago this weekend and saw 4 STis and about 10 WRXs at the race. Along with about 15 SRT-4s and a couple Evos. I was shocked to see so many Subarus but I guess nascar fans like their fast cars..
post #6 of 9 Old 07-14-2005, 01:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

imbeterthanu is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to imbeterthanu
that week u posted this i was driving up to NJ and through NC VA DC and MD i saw tons of WRx's never seen so any in my life. i saw a lot of them comming back too. tobad i wasnt driving mine i was drivin mama's pickem up.
post #7 of 9 Old 07-14-2005, 11:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

IBALONGWRX is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to IBALONGWRX
i live about 1/2 mile from that mountain it rocks!!!
post #8 of 9 Old 07-22-2005, 03:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

panasyncp17 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to panasyncp17
I went to Myrtle Beach for 10 days, I thought I would see a bunch of WRX's but I only saw 2, thats including the drive down. 1 in a grocery store parking lot, and a blue one passed me somewhere in New Jersey I think, it was debadged and exhaust.
post #9 of 9 Old 07-22-2005, 04:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

My05WRX is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to My05WRX
I saw an STi yesterday in Milwaukee driven by a woman and the license plate was FNFMOM. I assume it stood for fast and furious. I thought that was pretty cool. $10 says her son gets a kick ass car when he is 16!