wow i feel like im driving a turd... - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-15-2012, 05:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

bad grocerygetter is a helpful contributing member
wow i feel like im driving a turd...

So I went for a ride today in a buddys EVO 8. His 430 whp EVO 8... He just had it tuned in Dallas on a mustang dyno and put that down. Man, great e85 tune on there... Big power band. Just makes me sad getting back into my car and feeling, or rather not feeling that kind of power. Yeah I know the subies are better built but Damn...it was fast. Anyone else ever felt this way after a ride in someone else's monster?

Kevin.
Cobb ap stage 2 ots, catless uppipe, catless turboback, Cobb Sf intake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-15-2012, 05:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

slomo is an unknown
Rode in a friends 570 HP Nissan skyline. Thing would have smoked my motorcycle. I know how you feel.
#3 Old 03-15-2012, 06:19 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
I have rode In all kinds of cars, lightly mod'd, highly mod'd (domestic and import). I have even had faster cars than my subaru. If you always feel bad or worried, or anything of that nature in your car I think its kind of sad. Im not trying to be a d!ck, but it could be worse in all honesty. And even then, that guys EVO is slow compared to so many other cars also. Its a sick sad cycle.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#4 Old 03-15-2012, 06:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

Ha ha. I hear ya. Just depressing a little.

Kevin.
#5 Old 03-15-2012, 08:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Joshua is right though. Get a chance to sit in a F1 beginners car or the learners Indy Car. You'd never want to drive in another production car again. Those things are so light and the power even the beginners cars make. Well, they feel like a rocket ship. Imagine what the big brother cars feel like. Hell, my tuner used to drive American Le Mans Prototypes. There isn't anything out of a factory that can handle or feel like those cars. But, yet he finds a lot of fun in EVOs, Subies, Porsches, and Skylines. Which is why he is now tuning the latter two cars now. You have to enjoy what you have and what you can get out of the car that you own.

Granted the mod bug is a infectious bug and it gets the best of us. Sometimes not being the driver in your own car will shock the crap out of you when someone else is doing the driving.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#6 Old 03-15-2012, 08:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

Oh yeah believe me I know. I feel fine with my car after driving it all evening, I mean, a stage 2 car is fun. And I know that when I got it, it was stock so everything I've done I've done myself which
gives me a good feeling. And I know how much time and money he has spent on his car so I'm sure he has the same feeling...along with a lot of trepidation. He still won't go wot at all because with his tires he gets a little loose. But man....it was a hell of a ride.

Kevin.
#7 Old 03-15-2012, 08:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
everytime I drive my WRX I feel sad driving the MS6 or the wifes Range Rover again...but then again whenever I get a chance to drive the race cars at work I feel sad to drive the WRX again (and my turd has 500+ whp)

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#8 Old 03-16-2012, 07:18 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Just do what I do. Baby your car for the last six months so the slipping clutch lasts until spring.... It's been forever since I've mashed the gas pedal down or even seen over 3000 rpm's. On Saturday I decided what the hell and gave it about 75-80% throttle in 1st and 2nd and it felt like the first time I test drove an 09 in terms of how fast it is.

I can guarantee I am getting MAYBE 300 to the ground with not full throttle and a slipping clutch and it felt like a rocket ship.

-Chris
#9 Old 03-16-2012, 06:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
A buddy of mine used to have an Evo IX with ~580 whp. When he floored it entering the highway, I got tunnel vision.

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)