Worst Driver You've Encountered - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-07-2005, 06:41 AM
WRXtuners Member

panasyncp17 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to panasyncp17
Worst Driver You've Encountered

Some crazy lady inspired me to start this thread. Anyway, so I'm at work (I work at BJ's Wholesale Club, NE and SE should know what it is) and I'm outside enjoying some fresh air when I hear this Cavalier backing out of a parking space. Shes slamming the gas, the slamming the brake, then slamming the gas and the brake (Kind of like she was bucking a standard but it was an Auto). then throws it in drive an slams the gas once again. She was struggling to keep control of the wheel. She goes flying through the parking lot to get gas. So me and this kid I was with were like "what in Gods name was that?!" So we wait for her to fill up on gas. She fills up and gets in her car, starts it, and pedal to the metal out of the gas station into the parking lot again. And there is a car infront of her stopped at a stop sign because people that walk out of the building can come out of nowhere. SHE PASSES THE CAR ON THE LEFT AND BLOWS THROUGH THE STOP SIGN! Nearly taking two ladies and two small children. She proceedes to make a left turn on a red light crossing 3 lanes. What the hell is wrong with people? I'm surprised she didn't kill anybody. You need to really look out for these types of idiots out there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-07-2005, 12:29 PM
Ian

Ian is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Ian
There was a really bad car accident in front of my house last night, old guy driving a Cherokee very drunk hit a lexus hard, now after the police, fire truck, and ambulance were blocking the road, closed it off actually, clearly to the point where you can't get by and there was these idiots that were trying to drive threw! So the cop yells at the moron turn around! Can't you see the car! meaning the cop car with its lights flashing and blocking the road. People are so stupid sometimes

My turbo's fixed and a lot better =)
#3 Old 08-07-2005, 09:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

9d2TSi is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to 9d2TSi Send a message via MSN to 9d2TSi
Damn, I thought this was about track driving. I was going to nominate myself.

I've seen alot of stupidity when it comes to public streets. I just try not to add to it.

My car is well, it's like 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag...

<------ Click to see what I'm workin' with. ;)
#4 Old 08-08-2005, 02:24 AM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Oh, story to add. So last night, I was comming home from the Pittsburgh Dave & Busters back to Morgantown. I was driving toward Washington, when this Civic with a tiny modified exhaust and euro lights blows by me, and merges in front of the vehicle infront of me. Weirdest thing was this kid in the passanger seat (looked like jr high) just stared at me as they passed. Next thing I know this Jeep Cherokee blows by me and slows down to match speeds with the Civic. I'm just like, what on earth is that all about. I see the guy in the Civic wave the guy in the Jeep to pass.

Few more miles and they're still matching speeds, only slowing down a bit more, so I get over to pass. Turns out they're trying to block people to preventing anyone from getting by. After several miles of frustrating slow driving, I just floor it and blow off right at the Jeeps bumper. That just of scared him or something because he reacted to it, only I seemed to piss him off a bit more. Then I fall back and just highbeam him until he starts to drive a bit more dangerously and we come up upon more traffic in the other lane. My friends and I were so freaking mad at these people.

Finally, it gets to the point where the Civic leads a little, flips on his turn signal and practically cuts off the Jeep. I'm like wtf is going on. So I drop it in a lower gear and floor it right by them. Took me a while to figure it out, but I don't think the Civic was with the Jeep at all. I think they Civic did it to let me by and that the Jeep was just picking on every modified car he could find. Damn kids. They're lucky I keep my car clean and don't have junk to throw at them.

Thank you Mr. Red Civic, even though you don't know how to modify your car, I still respect you in other ways.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
#5 Old 08-08-2005, 10:30 AM
WRXtuners Member

My05WRX is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to My05WRX
This winter I was driving my girlfriend's Bonneville down a 6 lane highway at about 12am. There was about 6 feet of snow piled up on the median. We are just crusing along in the left lane when about 100 yards in front of us a truck flies over the pile of snow and is swerving into the oncoming traffic.

I slam on the brakes and narrowly miss him. The old couple next to me wasnt as fortunate though and the truck Tboned them. The bedcover flew off the truck and glass went everywhere. I told my girlfriend to call 911 and I ran to check the status of the drivers. Well I get to the truck first and the guy smells of booze and there is a bottle in a paper bag in the passenger seat and he asks me what just happened. Then I get to the other car and it is an elderly couple. The man, driver, cracked his head on the windshield and there was blodd everywhere, the old lady said she couldnt move because her back hurt so bad.

The paramedics arrived quickly and it turned out the old man fractured his skull and the old lady broke her hip and threw her back out of alignment. As I was in the police car giving my statement I heard over the radio that his guy had 3 previous DUIs. That pissed me off so bad. I really hope he went to jail.

Then to top things off I was a block away from my house and since the roads were real icy I couldnt stop and skided through a stop sign. Now this is a residential neighborhood and nobody was around. Then all of the sudden out of nowhere a cop pulls me over and gives me a ticket even though I told him I was traumatized. And on my insurance that ticket got listed as driving on the sidewalk. LOL.

Thanks for listening. I am bored at work so I felt the need for a lengthy rant.
#6 Old 08-08-2005, 11:15 AM
WRXtuners Member

Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful
aw man, when i was working for a racing school; holy crap did i see some bone head moves. people spin out (not a big deal) and drive back to pit lane counter course ### they where unsure what they should do (even though it had been explained in the class room not 15 minuts before). people crash, get OUT of there car in the middle of a hot track, take off there helmet and stand in front of the wall, and waite untill someone comes. ive seen people get lost on a race track. yes, LOST on a closed circle, and take the victory lane exit (just before turn 10 at seca, if anyone is familier with the track)

i dont know if there is added pressure because of an unfamilier car.... but these peopel WANT to come and take this class, its not as though people are there against there will.

posibly its just plain bad california drivers, and i will admit, the guy who was getting lost was a little older, but (just like most) thought he was the man behind the wheel.

i have some equally crazy public road stories as well from driving to and from LA, thats a crazy ass town right there.
#7 Old 08-08-2005, 03:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

Rain_Racer is an unknown
Lets see... Once I saw a guy in a GTi trying to run from a tow truck driver (presumably the tow truck was re-posessing the car) the tow truck cut off the GTi and lowered his car catcher and slammed on the brakes and backed up (this is on a freaking city street). Needless to say the GTi was pretty trashed and the tow truck driver took it away at like 30mph as the guy jumped out onto the street. Tow truck drivers are usually very slimey people. What good does it do to take someone's car if you have to total it in the process?

Another time I saw a Ford explorer and a Tahoe bumping/side-swiping each other (like Lethal Weapon car chase style bumping) I was like we need to get the #### out of here... That was freaking scary.

These were both within weeks of each other in Dallas(TX)... I don't drive in dallas late night weekends anymore...
#8 Old 08-08-2005, 05:35 PM
Vew

Wow, you guys whopped the crap out of my story. I'll think of a better one later !Laugh!

Jon
RIP Colin McRae
#9 Old 08-08-2005, 09:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

imbeterthanu is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to imbeterthanu
ive seen people drive on the wrong side of the road into on comming traffic.

oh on day i was driving down I-95 and tire flew over the wall missed three cars and hit the side of a ukon. i got plenty more. i seen so much stupid things.
#10 Old 08-08-2005, 09:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

panasyncp17 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to panasyncp17
I got another one, I was on vacation with my family a long time ago, and were driving down 95 to florida, its like 1-2 in the morning and we see this 18 wheeler just drift right off the road and into the woods at 75mph. Driver fell asleep.
#11 Old 08-12-2005, 07:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

04WRXn00b is an unknown
Although I didn't personally see this, a good friend was ready to pull out of a parking lot and a semi truck hauling cars was pulling out of the gas station next to the parking lto and as he was pulling out the car on the top (cars stacked two high) rolled backwards off the trailer and landed on the ground... Ouch.
#12 Old 08-13-2005, 11:04 AM
Vew

Wow.. yesterday I go to Bob Evans to eat, and this Subaru SVT completely failed to yield and almost plowed into me. His car was facing toward my direction too!! Must have been blind because there is no other explination. He didn't stop until I laid on the horn. Then when I was leaving, someone almost backed up into me, and I didn't even have enough time to honk when I reacted. You should have seen my elite auto-xing skills to manuver out of that one. :eek:

Jon
RIP Colin McRae