Why would you want to steal the suby star emblem?? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 08-15-2009, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

srninjastar is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to srninjastar
Why would you want to steal the suby star emblem??

went to a local car meet the other day and saw some pretty sweet trucks/cars. people did burn outs and other dumb stuff it was hilarious. i was the only suby there . well when i came back to my car my front emblem is gone. (the one i painted black with red stars). im pissed. i know its just an emblem but seriously why would you do that. and my back emblem got ####ed up too with a bunch of scratches and it was partially lifted of the car. i guess ill just get a front mesh grill for the front and then a carbon fiber trunk. *sigh* at least ill be getting 15% tint all the way around on the car so i wont be driving a fish bowl anymore
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 08-15-2009, 02:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

clord05wrx is an unknown
here's what it comes down to. Some people are just jealous of what others have. We work hard to pay for our cars and the things we do to them and others just dont get that. Sorry to hear about yours gettin messed up. Id flip if it was mine. Enjoy the new trunk.
post #3 of 16 Old 08-15-2009, 03:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXParamedic is an unknown
Maybe as innocent as a child thinking ''Hmm, I can take this...'' Or maybe wearing a Suby emblem with a gold chain around your neck is the latest on the hip hop scene and we're all at risk of theft...
post #4 of 16 Old 08-15-2009, 05:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Haha nooo!! I'll murderlize anyone I catch laying a finger on my glossy black and chrome rear emblem. It's a subtle change though, so maybe I'll get overlooked

John
07 WRX
post #5 of 16 Old 08-15-2009, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

got back from the flea market. got 20% tint all around and blacked out the bottom half of my tailights. looks siiiick. but my front grill looks like shittt
post #6 of 16 Old 08-15-2009, 10:20 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
That sucks man, sorry to hear about it. Post up some pics of the tinted tails.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #7 of 16 Old 08-16-2009, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Photobucket

BEFORE
Photobucket

AFTER
Photobucket
post #8 of 16 Old 08-16-2009, 11:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
http://www.subarupartsforyou.com/cp_...p?partid=17625

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
post #9 of 16 Old 08-17-2009, 12:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I think if you have some spare time and money, you should try to do something creative with that thing - like maybe get a one dollar bill and neatly cut out George Washington's head and center that in the chrome oval, paint a red pinstripe around the inside of the chrome oval, and pour some clear polyurethane over it to seal everything... or something more unique.

Otherwise, your options are:
1. get an oem replacement star emblem (and paint it?)
2. get an aftermarket "I" emblem (and paint it?)
3. get a Grillcraft grill

P.S. - If it makes you feel any better, I had to buy two replacement rear oval emblems because I messed mine up trying to paint them - d'OH!

John
07 WRX
post #10 of 16 Old 08-17-2009, 01:46 AM
WRXtuners Member

wrxj323 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to wrxj323
i hate when people mess with others' cars. its the most foul immature way to offend someone... surprised no one saw/ stopped that, especially at a car show... good luck man. like your car a lot
post #11 of 16 Old 08-17-2009, 02:08 AM
WRXtuners Member

tuner ready is an unknown
Not really feeling the tints on the tails :/. But hey, it's your car =).

That sucks about the emblems being stolen =(. Like Manshow said, I had to pay for another emblem trying to paint it and I cracked it in half =(. I couldn't get the paint off at all and it cracked due to me trying to take all the paint off!
post #12 of 16 Old 08-17-2009, 10:42 AM
WRXtuners Member

When I tried to take my first rear star emblem apart, I accidentally drilled too far through it and scratched the star part beyond repair, so I had to rock two pieces of black electrical tape over the holes in my trunk while I waited for the second one to ship. The second one turned out pretty good at first, but for whatever reason, the paint decided to wrinkle and bubble like crazy (maybe the paint I used was too old, maybe it reacted with the glue I used to reattach both pieces, or maybe I didn't allow enough time for it to dry). The last one turned out perfect because I used a fresh can of paint and very sticky double sided tape to attach it. Live and learn I guess.

John
07 WRX
post #13 of 16 Old 08-17-2009, 10:43 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Hillbillies hate imports.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
post #14 of 16 Old 08-17-2009, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

its either 35 for a new emblem or 130 for a grillcraft grill and me not having the tools to put it on.
2. my trunk is a mess. botched emblem removal and effed up back badge. i found a quality cf trunk for 500 but i dont know if it comes with the hole for the lock. plus ill be painting it the oem obp. id like to put a star badge on there. i saw that someone on the other forum put his front badge on the back and it looked pretty sick. so idk.

my car looks nice from the sides, but from the front or back it looks awful....did i mention i hate people who jack with other peoples cars??
post #15 of 16 Old 08-17-2009, 02:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
A guy around my parts has a black wrx with the same tint job to his tails. I don't like it...but to each their own.