Why-Why-Why-Why- You MORON - Page 4 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#46 Old 08-16-2004, 04:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

Bosnian is an unknown
Heheheheeh F1 my a**. All though they are not bad cars but with a sticker price more than the STI. The s2000 would be a bad choice when comparing with the STI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#47 Old 08-16-2004, 07:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

RTR Racing is an unknown
I took a srt-4 a couple days ago, I put about 1 1/2 cars on him off the line and then added 2 more by the time we finished. He almost hit me when he tried to pull in front of me.

ATTENTION srt-4 Drivers, Your cars maybe fast, but they can't out run UGLY! !Thumbs Up
#48 Old 08-24-2004, 03:02 AM
WRXtuners Member

Antyoo is an unknown
my first car was a 97 celica ST which i got the summer i was 16 years old. turboed it a year later.

great car, parents over paid for it, i was looking at 94's for like 4k, but my mom said she wouldnt let any child of her's drive a POS.

i felt so bad about that, and i feel even worse about my WRX. it is my second car, and again my mom is paying for it. she forced my dad to buy me a more expensive car from a dealer for my first car, and if he werent in the comma he is in now, i would be driving a 2g DSM, paid for by myself, instead my mom is paying for my car and i have $10k in the bank, but im saving it all for if/when i have to take over payments.

but my mom controls the household now, and she said to buy nothing older than 2002.

so jokingly i said that a WRX or a 350z were the only cars that were 2002+ that i liked.

so she almost bought me a 2003 g35 coupe, but i turned it down. my cousin at the jeep dealership called me and said to come check out this infiniti coupe they got in on a trade. i went expecting an m30 coupe, but it was an 03 g35! i drove it. my mom saw it and my cousin said it was a good car. my mom then turned to me and said i'll get it if you want it.

i was shocked. i thought long and hard about it, and the next day i turned it down. it was gonna be $28k OTD and it had like 45k miles on it, but it was loaded with every option.

people called me crazy, friends and their parents were shocked i turned it down. even my sister couldnt believe it.

but it did make my mom happy, and she knew then that i understood our financial situation and that my hours of car shopping was only to keep my mind off the loss of my father(i was shopping for 6 months before my dad's heart attack).

those of you that are jealous of the people that get cars from their parents have every right to be, but you should also be proud that your car is a result of your efforts alone. and also realise that there are two types of people that get cars from their parents, the ones that understand what they got and greatly appreciate it, and the ones that want the best and dont have a clue what it takes to purchase and operate a car.
#49 Old 08-31-2004, 07:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

Swift Suba is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Swift Suba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon
My first car was a 92 Chevy Silverado with broken everything.... At least I didn't have to pay for it tho. And as for the kid turning down the Porsche, that sounds like a loose-loose situation to me. I mean, you guys are bashing him because of the hard work he put into makeing that CRX fast, but I would be willing to bet if he took the Porsche from his mom you guys would be making fun of him for his parents buying the car for him. I think he did a pretty good job with that setup.
I too agree Group mentality sets in on these occasions i think.... I got respect for people who can CLEANLY build anything. Whether its a Honda, Subaru, or a Yugo And to say you have NO RESPECT for ANY CRX??? Geeez....sounds kinda harsh but... to each his own. Most haters i think REALLY just feel Inadequate inside about themselves and their own cars and putting others down makes em feel better ...
#50 Old 09-01-2004, 09:43 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Hmm, my first car was a green 95 Subaru Outback Impreza w/ 85k miles on it. Station wagon style! Haha, it was so econo, no power locks, no power windows, etc. My friend had a 91 Legacy with 250k miles on it. Had that beast for 3 years before mom bought me this 3 months ago... so maybe I'm a little spoiled.

Anyways, we had a contest on who's car was crapping out the fastest. It was great. I'd try to turn on the back window washer fluid and it'd would just leak fluid into my trunk as i stared at it from the rear view. Then he retaliates with the fact he was driving down the interstate, and the next thing he knows his parking light flew off. Spent 20 minutes looking for it before giving up and going home... I think he won =P

As for girls in WRX's. I've only seen one in Morgantown and one since I've moved to Crosslanes (temp - 4 months left!). However, plenty of girls from mo-town drive regular Imprezas. I know 2 girls that drive the 02/03 2.5TS and the girl I'm dating drives an 03 2.5RS. They're all avid Subaru fans. I've dated 2/3 of them. Would have tried for the 3rd if she didn't have a bf... I starting to think I have a thing for girls that drive Subarus... does that make me creepy? or just weird?

I think I need a Subaru Girls Annomyous club. Anyone think they need to join with me?

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
#51 Old 09-02-2004, 08:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

Swift Suba is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Swift Suba
I just think you should try for the 3rd one and see how far your Subaru will get you
#52 Old 09-02-2004, 04:32 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Actually, when I met her I still had my 95 Outback (Impreza) that was kinda falling apart, but I was driving my mom's 00 Outback Ltd Sedan (Legacy). She liked the leather and decked out interior... When she saw my new car, she fell in love with it Probably wondering why her bf bought a Ford Explorer Sport... Damn him.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
#53 Old 09-27-2004, 12:47 AM
WRXtuners Member

wrxjerry is an unknown
Send a message via MSN to wrxjerry
1st car: Toyota Corolla 1998
2nd car: WRX 2005
Also consider myself lucky, after waited for so many years for this dream car of mine.
#54 Old 10-20-2004, 01:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

chuckwagon is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob250
!Cry! Why put money into a crx...why... This crx pulled up to me the other day revving his engine up and as soon as the light turns green he was four car lengths behind me. Slow piece of crap!
don't let all those crx's fool you some may be a lot faster than you think. I got my ass handed to me by a crx at a drag strip in Maryland a few months ago, I don't know what all he had in it but he was consistantly pulling low 12's.
#55 Old 10-22-2004, 01:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

lovinmywrx is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to lovinmywrx Send a message via Yahoo to lovinmywrx
1st car - 87 volkswagen jetta (junk)
2nd car - 87 volswagen scirocco (ran good........when it was running)
3rd car - 96 jeep cherokee sport
4th car - 99 subaru legacy (started my love for subaru)
5th car - 98 nissan frontier (needed a truck for work)
6th car - 04 subaru wrx (cant keep me down now)

also keep in mind that I am in a month I will be turning 23. too many cars but at least I now have a WRX to show for all my mistakes