Why I hate where I live.. - Page 4 - Subaru WRX Forum
 21Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 78 Old 08-05-2013, 09:18 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
06_hawk_eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 699
06_hawk_eye is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRYPHON View Post
There are some crazy people out there, and the cops didn't seem to help a all. Maybe try to call there non emergency service again and you might get some better luck. Hope you can get some speed bumps on your street.
Yeah what they said what that in order to put speed bumps in they need to do a traffic report on our street do we told them they can sit in our driveway in a unmarked car and try will have all the data they need. I don't ser it happening anytime in the future


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
06_hawk_eye is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47 of 78 Old 08-05-2013, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member
 
psinuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,110
psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRYPHON View Post
What kind of dogs do you have? I have a black lab reserver, she is not very big but anyone that she doesn't know comes to the door she will bark until there long gone. Kind of a anti social dog lol ;p. Do your dogs bother the fish or have you trained them to leave the fish alone?
Black Lab named Abby and she is 115lbs. and a Wolf/Shepard mix named Rocko and he is 130lbs. They know there is something in the big water hole in the front yard, but they both hate water so they don't bother it. Abby is your typical lab, loyal, very loving and funny to watch. Rocko is basically a cat, he comes to you when he wants attention and would rather lay on his vent or play catch with himself. He is the oddest dog I have ever owned, very odd but incredibly smart. There are times you can watch him figure stuff out and that scares the crap out of me sometimes. He can open doors with round door knobs, knows how to use the water and ice maker on the fridge, we keep those locked now, and just an array of different things. Abby will bark once as a warning bark, but if you don't come and check it out she will continue to bark. Rocko will just growl, but he is the one I'd worry most about, he is super territorial and very protective of my wife and also little kids. Me on the other hand I could be getting the crap beat out of me and he would probably help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06_hawk_eye
Well ill add to this wonderful thread we have going here... Couple nights ago me and my 2 younger brothers will playing soccer in the front yard( there 10 and 8). A little backround on my neighborhood it was a great place to live about 5 years ago then these section 8 apartments were built at the top of y street so my street is like there drag strip to get to there houses they think... Back to us playing soccer. We were having a great time and I heard a car sart flying down my street to being me. I get really close to them while speeding by my street and yell slow down. They slam on there brakes and whip there Toyota corrola around . She comes back and stop the car and darts saying are you gonna pay for my car payment if I hit you. I go lady the last thing you'll have to worry about it your car payment if you hit one of my brothers. She says back oh 477 ill remember that( that
My street address) she speeds away again. We call the cops and they tell us if the speed limit isn't posts on the street it's 55mph. Remind you in a neighborhood and in a school zone. I hate this place I can't wait to get out. We also told them that they threatened us ### he said oh 477 ill remember that. Again te cop just made up some excuss and said they might do a traffic study on our street. More bs. They fly down y street everyday so it wouldn't take them long to get enough shit together to put speed bumps in
Throw rocks at the cars...that or set the apartments on fire...either way will work well for ridding your area of those kind of people...

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
psinuse is offline  
post #48 of 78 Old 08-05-2013, 09:23 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
06_hawk_eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 699
06_hawk_eye is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
Black Lab named Abby and she is 115lbs. and a Wolf/Shepard mix named Rocko and he is 130lbs. They know there is something in the big water hole in the front yard, but they both hate water so they don't bother it. Abby is your typical lab, loyal, very loving and funny to watch. Rocko is basically a cat, he comes to you when he wants attention and would rather lay on his vent or play catch with himself. He is the oddest dog I have ever owned, very odd but incredibly smart. There are times you can watch him figure stuff out and that scares the crap out of me sometimes. He can open doors with round door knobs, knows how to use the water and ice maker on the fridge, we keep those locked now, and just an array of different things. Abby will bark once as a warning bark, but if you don't come and check it out she will continue to bark. Rocko will just growl, but he is the one I'd worry most about, he is super territorial and very protective of my wife and also little kids. Me on the other hand I could be getting the crap beat out of me and he would probably help...



Throw rocks at the cars...that or set the apartments on fire...either way will work well for ridding your area of those kind of people...
I too have a huge black lab about 120 and the biggest legged lab I've ever seen. Very tall dog... And about lighting the apartments on fire don't we all wish it was that easy. We've been told by the police that all 75% of Manhiem township police calls have something to do with apartment in y neighborhood. That tells you something the people that live on them


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
06_hawk_eye is offline  
post #49 of 78 Old 08-05-2013, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member
 
psinuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,110
psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Who says some of us haven't....

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
psinuse is offline  
post #50 of 78 Old 08-05-2013, 09:27 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
turmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,371
Images: 6
turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Don't throw rocks unless you want the cops after you.


Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
turmic is offline  
post #51 of 78 Old 08-05-2013, 09:38 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
GRYPHON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 14
Images: 4
GRYPHON is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
Black Lab named Abby and she is 115lbs. and a Wolf/Shepard mix named Rocko and he is 130lbs. They know there is something in the big water hole in the front yard, but they both hate water so they don't bother it. Abby is your typical lab, loyal, very loving and funny to watch. Rocko is basically a cat, he comes to you when he wants attention and would rather lay on his vent or play catch with himself. He is the oddest dog I have ever owned, very odd but incredibly smart. There are times you can watch him figure stuff out and that scares the crap out of me sometimes. He can open doors with round door knobs, knows how to use the water and ice maker on the fridge, we keep those locked now, and just an array of different things. Abby will bark once as a warning bark, but if you don't come and check it out she will continue to bark. Rocko will just growl, but he is the one I'd worry most about, he is super territorial and very protective of my wife and also little kids. Me on the other hand I could be getting the crap beat out of me and he would probably help...



Throw rocks at the cars...that or set the apartments on fire...either way will work well for ridding your area of those kind of people...
A lab that doesn't like to swim? My loves to swim, and when she gets out she always has to shake off next to me lol.
GRYPHON is offline  
post #52 of 78 Old 08-05-2013, 09:44 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
GRYPHON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 14
Images: 4
GRYPHON is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06_hawk_eye View Post
I too have a huge black lab about 120 and the biggest legged lab I've ever seen. Very tall dog... And about lighting the apartments on fire don't we all wish it was that easy. We've been told by the police that all 75% of Manhiem township police calls have something to do with apartment in y neighborhood. That tells you something the people that live on them


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
My lab is really short, when we got her from the humane society she weighed something like 30 pounds. She weighs 65 now. A lot of muscle but still mostly fat. She stopped getting out of the car when we are at a lake because of some gun shots she heard in the distance which caused her to gain weight.
GRYPHON is offline  
post #53 of 78 Old 08-05-2013, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member
 
psinuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,110
psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRYPHON View Post
A lab that doesn't like to swim? My loves to swim, and when she gets out she always has to shake off next to me lol.
The only time they get in the water is when we take them to the local pool for the doggie swim. They only go in about mid leg deep and if Rocko gets water on his face he gets out and doesn't go back in...

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
psinuse is offline  
post #54 of 78 Old 08-06-2013, 12:26 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
GRYPHON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 14
Images: 4
GRYPHON is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
The only time they get in the water is when we take them to the local pool for the doggie swim. They only go in about mid leg deep and if Rocko gets water on his face he gets out and doesn't go back in...
lol !Laugh!
GRYPHON is offline  
post #55 of 78 Old 08-06-2013, 06:12 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member
 
psinuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,110
psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Don't throw rocks unless you want the cops after you.
Fine then, just give them a bag of M&M's every time they pass by and maybe you can be friends with them....

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
psinuse is offline  
post #56 of 78 Old 08-06-2013, 07:03 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,980
pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06_hawk_eye View Post
Well ill add to this wonderful thread we have going here... Couple nights ago me and my 2 younger brothers will playing soccer in the front yard( there 10 and 8). A little backround on my neighborhood it was a great place to live about 5 years ago then these section 8 apartments were built at the top of y street so my street is like there drag strip to get to there houses they think... Back to us playing soccer. We were having a great time and I heard a car sart flying down my street to being me. I get really close to them while speeding by my street and yell slow down. They slam on there brakes and whip there Toyota corrola around . She comes back and stop the car and darts saying are you gonna pay for my car payment if I hit you. I go lady the last thing you'll have to worry about it your car payment if you hit one of my brothers. She says back oh 477 ill remember that( that
My street address) she speeds away again. We call the cops and they tell us if the speed limit isn't posts on the street it's 55mph. Remind you in a neighborhood and in a school zone. I hate this place I can't wait to get out. We also told them that they threatened us ### he said oh 477 ill remember that. Again te cop just made up some excuss and said they might do a traffic study on our street. More bs. They fly down y street everyday so it wouldn't take them long to get enough shit together to put speed bumps in


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I thought unposted speed limit was 30mph?

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
pzr2874 is offline  
post #57 of 78 Old 08-06-2013, 07:17 AM
Premium Member
 
arewmors's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 679
arewmors is more helpful than not
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
I thought unposted speed limit was 30mph?
I've heard it both ways. It could be either maybe and its supposed to be some common sense on the area. If it's an open country road 55 and a neighborhood 30. But many people don't have much common sense.

I have a stop sign by my house. It is only a stop on one street and the other isn't. There are cars that fly through without slowing down, let alone stopping. And my streets are 30 and they go through at 40. The t-bone is only a matter of time. I stop at any of four points because I don't want to get nailed.

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
Tuned by Innovative Tuning
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
arewmors is offline  
post #58 of 78 Old 08-06-2013, 08:11 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,980
pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by arewmors View Post
I've heard it both ways. It could be either maybe and its supposed to be some common sense on the area. If it's an open country road 55 and a neighborhood 30. But many people don't have much common sense.

I have a stop sign by my house. It is only a stop on one street and the other isn't. There are cars that fly through without slowing down, let alone stopping. And my streets are 30 and they go through at 40. The t-bone is only a matter of time. I stop at any of four points because I don't want to get nailed.
Send a letter into your city council asking for a 4-way stop. They listen here.... Not certain up there.

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
pzr2874 is offline  
post #59 of 78 Old 08-06-2013, 08:14 AM
Premium Member
 
arewmors's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 679
arewmors is more helpful than not
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
Send a letter into your city council asking for a 4-way stop. They listen here.... Not certain up there.
Ha, not here. My crazy neighbor across the street tried many times and hasn't had any luck.

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
Tuned by Innovative Tuning
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
arewmors is offline  
post #60 of 78 Old 08-06-2013, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member
 
psinuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,110
psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by arewmors View Post
I've heard it both ways.
I KNEW IT!!!!! j/k

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
psinuse is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome