Why I hate where I live.. - Subaru WRX Forum
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-23-2013, 11:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Why I hate where I live..

So I am going to give you a break down of why I hate living in this retarded redneckville I live in.
1) 70% of the people living here are white trailer trash
2) 60% or more are on some form of government assistants(this is not a joke either I am serious)
3) As mentioned in another thread, the amount of diesel/lifted/redneck/NASCAR trucks in this area are beyond what most can believe.
4) People here are stupid. I say this because most don't really finish high school let alone college and the ones that do move away, which is smart because there are no jobs other than Walmart and fast food.
5) I have seen more 13-17 year old girls either with child or ready to have a child than I care to admit. Pretty sure this is how they get "on the system"
6) Reread #4 but add the fact that even the college educated are still about as dumb as bricks. Granted maybe I am smarter than them, but they all lack even a single morsel of common sense.
7) If you don't watch high school sports and NASCAR you are unAmercian...according to most around here.
8) The gyms here are full of some of the dumbest people. The few that actually know what they are doing are decent, but the gyms are mostly full of bodybuilding wanna-bes and MMA wanna-bes.
9) Housing...My wife and I live in a good area surrounded by people who are 900 years old or are couples with kids that work good jobs. Other than that welfare everywhere. Just hope the house next to us doesn't get bought by a guy that let's HUD rent it.
10) I am a grumpy old man, but I enjoy life as much as possible. It is hard to find people my age, or any age that matter, that wanna do the thinks I like to do that aren't completely annoying.
11) I do believe we have some of the highest cancer rates in the entire US.
12) Also pretty sure we have the worst health care also...go figure
13) Well let's just say that everyone wants to know everyone business. I have a 6ft high privacy fence for a reason, I have 2 large dogs both well over 100lbs each, they are barking at you because you keep looking over my fence.
14) I built a nice garden for my wife which is being judged by a group of people in the city for best garden in the city. This is cool, what's not cool is they think my wife built the damn thing because a man wouldn't know anything about flowers or Koi ponds...
15) No place to race <--the nearest track is 1.5hrs away and it's only 1/8 mile( I don't street race that's bad juju)
16) No Ihop<--yes this is a personal thing, but damn it I love me some Ihop.
Okay enough rating as I have wasted enough time complaining about the area I live in. We do have some nice things here, very low crime rate, although most of it is drug related or domestic abuse because the men here think it's okay to hit a woman. Not a lot of people, I think total for the local 3 counties is under 90,000 total. I know most of the local law enforcement and hang out with them now and again and few people really know me so I can slip in under the radar and not be noticed.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-23-2013, 11:59 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Ohio as a whole has been in shambles since 2007-2008ish IIRC..... the welfare/assistance programs there are failing.... Move Keith... wtf

There is plenty of different areas here to live... if you can take the heat

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#3 Old 06-23-2013, 12:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
Ohio as a whole has been in shambles since 2007-2008ish IIRC..... the welfare/assistance programs there are failing.... Move Keith... wtf

There is plenty of different areas here to live... if you can take the heat
Well at the moment I can't just up and move. I am right across the river from WV and that's the state I work in.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#4 Old 06-23-2013, 02:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
It's like having a child when "there's no RIGHT time to have a bebe".....

<-- ask this dumb@$$

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#5 Old 06-23-2013, 03:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

AuSTIn13 is an unknown
I would like to say that I know how you feel but were on two different age scales. I'm a 20 year old guy who lived in Cali and had to unfortunately move to Missouri. I hate these white trash hicks who butt f**k there cows and marry there cousins and drive these 4 color trucks covered in mud. The car club here is called ruthless customs but my group of buddies call them toothless customs. I'm sure you know why by the name. It's just sad that ### your different you are automatically a target because you're a civilized human being.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
#6 Old 06-23-2013, 03:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

Yeah I moved here from Florida. Lived there 24 years and moved here to go back to school and get my head out of my a$$. I grew up and finished college, but I did meet the wife here and must say that's one of the best things that happened up here...We have 2 car clubs here, we're special. One is the Corral Club, guess what they drive? The other is some other stupid club that has nothing but 16 year olds in there Hondas with big wings and all heller flush....I just need to move to an island with no population, so the wife and I can live in peace along with the dogs and our fish...
LW_Black4 likes this.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#7 Old 06-23-2013, 03:34 PM
Premium Member

the RIOT act is more helpful than not
Garage
I'm looking for one of those islands myself Keith lol! They never seem to hit the market at a reasonable price though

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Brandon - 13' SWP WRX Sedan
#8 Old 06-23-2013, 03:40 PM
Premium Member

the RIOT act is more helpful than not
Garage
I'll say there's tons of hicks where I live too, and enough 16 y/o kids with Hondas and VW's to start a rice field. I live in a town called Uxbridge just south of Worcester on the MA side of the RI state line. I do have the luxury of 3 major cities within an hour of me though, so meeting up with other enthusiasts and hitting up meets/shows is something that's never out of reach.

Def sounds like a place you don't wanna live where you're at, but like you said there's things that never woulda happen if you didn't. But it did happen already, so make haste and get the hell outta dodge lol!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Brandon - 13' SWP WRX Sedan
#9 Old 06-23-2013, 05:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

09bluewrx is an unknown
I grew up in the middle of a corn field. However i am far from "redneck" or being a hick! Cant stand the assholes to be honest. I am from a small town in Pa called Williamsburg. I graduated with a class of 48. Its sad that my kids have to grow up in this kind of environment, but anymore its like this no matter where u go

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
#10 Old 06-23-2013, 06:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

Fish you say?

Knowing you, they will probably be pleco's and oscars

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#11 Old 06-23-2013, 06:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

AuSTIn13 is an unknown
So I was at the gas station filling up my car and listening to some dub beats! when I turn around to these diesel trucks. I'm with my buds and and notice my car so they pull to the pump next to me and rev and blow that stupid smoke and get out. Tellin there chicks to get them chew I laugh aloud to my friends so the gayest one comes to me and asks for my glasses of all things and all I could seem to say was nice truck sorry about your penis. That didn't smooth over well thankfully enough I wasn't alone or I would of got my ass beat by them both.

#12 Old 06-23-2013, 07:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuSTIn13 View Post
So I was at the gas station filling up my car and listening to some dub beats! when I turn around to these diesel trucks. I'm with my buds and and notice my car so they pull to the pump next to me and rev and blow that stupid smoke and get out. Tellin there chicks to get them chew I laugh aloud to my friends so the gayest one comes to me and asks for my glasses of all things and all I could seem to say was nice truck sorry about your penis. That didn't smooth over well thankfully enough I wasn't alone or I would of got my ass beat by them both.

was this in OH?

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#13 Old 06-23-2013, 08:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

AuSTIn13 is an unknown
Quote:
was this in OH?
Missouri, seems like PA and OH alot

#14 Old 06-23-2013, 09:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

09bluewrx is an unknown
I had a guy in a cummins smoke me out while sitting at a light to get on the highway.

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
#15 Old 07-19-2013, 08:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Fish you say?

Knowing you, they will probably be pleco's and oscars
Koi actually. My wife had cancer last year so I built the flower garden around the Koi pond so we could sit and watch the fish during the rough days. She's all better now, but we still sit on the bridge and watch them swim around....
Attached Images

boo-key bear and BLAZE2099 like this.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...