Why did you buy your Subaru? - Subaru WRX Forum
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-04-2013, 01:25 PM
Premium Member

Nathan21 is an unknown
Why did you buy your Subaru?

So I know when I was on the market for a new car, I did so much searching on the internet.
Searched Youtube like crazy, and hit up many different forums.
Well I came across wrxtuners on here and SmirfinWrx on youtube.
Well you guys are who pushed me into getting a subaru and helped me continue to strive for my long search on getting into a wrx.
Well I think it is about time to start a thread all about why did you pick subaru, Why did you pick an Impreza, and the most important part, Why this crazy, sexy, big asses, loud WRX or STI.
For me, of course, was its Turbo, great handling, and super sexy.
Also on the top of my list is price for repair parts, Modification parts, and quantity of aftermarket parts I can find.
Everyone was like Honda, they are cheap, lots of parts, and CHEAP.
Well I am a very big believer in you pay for what you get.
Cheap = Crap(Honda)
Now that I have my Rex and get to drive her and now even better I am at STAGE1 and soon STAGE 2. It is BY FAR the best car I have ever owned and I will always be a subaru family from here on out!!

So guys let me hear you stories of what go you behind the wheel of baby!!!

Nathan
2011 WRX Premium
2012 Fozzy
1979 C3
Anti-BOV Gang!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-04-2013, 02:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Because I couldn't afford a Evolution...or a Ferrari.
n8mcd likes this.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#3 Old 11-04-2013, 02:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

LW_Black4 is a helpful contributing member
Garage
It's a practical performance car, with all sorts of upside potential:

1. 4 doors (I have kids),
2. Practical ride height (no crawling) over speed bumps), and
3. It's AWD capable in the snow and dirt (doesn't have to be garaged when winter comes around).
psinuse, man show, pzr2874 and 5 others like this.

Laszlo - blue '04 WRX
Meet the turbocharged rally-bred Subaru WRX.
blue '09 STi - lease return
#4 Old 11-04-2013, 02:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by LW_Black4 View Post
It's a practical performance car, with all sorts of upside potential:

1. 4 doors (I have kids),
2. Practical ride height (no crawling) over speed bumps), and
3. It's AWD capable in the snow and dirt (doesn't have to be garaged when winter comes around).
4. Because we look way cooler driving them.
Nathan21 and 1kwikf like this.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#5 Old 11-04-2013, 03:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

Haw1es is more helpful than not
Garage
I've always loved Subaru's, the power and capability of the cars. The fact that its a 250+hp sports car with room for 4 and eventually room for car seats.
And I do look pretty cool driving it FOL

Shane
2010 WRX
2003 Jetta 2.5
#6 Old 11-04-2013, 04:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
And for the beach time....

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#7 Old 11-04-2013, 05:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
For me it was turbo awd.
My top picks were Wrx or EVO, even tho diamond star did me wrong numerous times.

Came down to cost and wham!!!$5500 later, I was in my first Wrx.

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#8 Old 11-04-2013, 05:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

06_hawk_eye is an unknown
Mostly for the awd oh and fun to drive

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
#9 Old 11-04-2013, 06:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Reasonably affordable turbo + awd with plenty of room for modification/personalization

John
07 WRX
#10 Old 11-05-2013, 04:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
circa 2004...The closest Subaru dealership doubled as a Mazda dealership. My next door neighbor's friend was a salesman (about the same age as me) and I was in the market for a car. I would see and hear his WRX wagon whenever he stopped by my neighbor's house. I had liked Subarus but was more into 4x4 trucks at the time. I was really trying to obtain a Mazda 6 with a big motor (3.0L I think) and a manual transmission (next to impossible without obtaining some sort of premium package, in L.A. at least).

I had just experienced the last straw with my '89 Jeep Cherokee. It had a great chassis and indestructible engine (4.0L I6). But with a normal operating temperature of 210 degrees F and a sealed, pressurized cooling system, the plastic reservoir would crack and vent boiled fluid immediately after replacement (replaced it 3 separate times, each time with the parts counter rep just smiling at me when I asked why the plastic reservoirs couldn't be found anywhere but the dealership). But the last straw was the trail of ATF fluid I left over a 2 mile stretch (trying keep my momentum and coast back to my neighborhood). There was no way I was going to rebuild the transmission just to deal with that poorly engineered cooling system again.

So I took my sister and went to see my buddy. Upon arriving, I saw the used cars lined up at the front of the dealership. Two WRB WRXs staring right at me. I turned to my sister and said, "we will be taking home one of these tonight."

I proceeded to discuss Mazda 6 sedans with my buddy, going through packages, etc. He was nice enough to search for the exact package I wanted. To my surprise, he actually located a "stripper" 3.0L with a manual transmission. It was about 100 miles away and it would take a couple days to deliver. We talked price and financing. He had to talk with his sales manager about it. I said that my sister and I would go look at some cars outside while we waited.

Now I know that there are at least 3 pairs of eyes on everyone who is walking around the lot "by themselves". So, I meandered through the Mazda 3s and Forresters at a leisurely pace, while actually trying to get different visual angles on the two used WRXs. After about 15 minutes, my buddy came out just as I had approached my targets. I asked him nonchalantly about them. He said one had about 40k miles but had just received a new engine and transmission. The other one had about 22k and was a lease return by an "older guy". That sealed it for me, I was taking it for a test drive. Someone else could have the new engine and transmission.

It was hard to keep a poker face after that, but I did. I then suggested that I was curious as to what the financing could be on the WRX compared to the Mazda 6. There were no special APRs on the WRX but I talked him down about 10% on the price. It ended up being a favorable deal, and we closed it.

I will keep my WRX until the day I die.
BLAZE2099 and Nathan21 like this.

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
#11 Old 11-05-2013, 11:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Because back in 2002 nobody had a WRX. In Dallas you would go months at a time without seeing another one. Go figure now.

Same reason I bought the Genesis, because they are an uncommon/rare car on the road.
#12 Old 11-05-2013, 01:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxdan is more helpful than not
I have liked the wrx since they came out here in 02....always wanted one.
Finally got one a few years ago, my favorite body stile (04-05). Got a good deal on it, paid 8500 with 77k miles on it (bank booked it at 16k at the time)
I fell in love with the car, i live in South Dakota, we have some harsh winters sometimes. I like the fact that i can have an all-in-one car.
4 doors for the kid to get in and out easy, awd for the winters, and of course the performance aspect of it. Running vf39 now with supporting mods, and i have to say its the most fun car i have ever driven..

SUBIE FTW!!
Nathan21 likes this.
#13 Old 11-05-2013, 03:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

LW_Black4 is a helpful contributing member
Garage
I loved the car even before it came to Canada. And when it ultimately arrived, it was introduced with this commercial:

WRX 2002 Commercial #2
WRX 2002 commercial #2 - YouTube

I was smitten then!
psinuse, wrxdan and Nathan21 like this.

Laszlo - blue '04 WRX
Meet the turbocharged rally-bred Subaru WRX.
blue '09 STi - lease return
#14 Old 11-05-2013, 08:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
I wanted a EVO, but saw that they nickel and dime you for everything. At the time I thought I couldn't afford a STI or EVO price tag. Less than a year into owning my WRX TR...I wanted a STI and I had my STI paid off before trading it in. Score!! I've been in love with it every since. Including driving a co-worker home on roads that had 3" of snow on them with my blizzaks on. I drove down his unshoveled driveway, turned around at the bottom, and he said "You might be stuck...trying to drive back out of this." I smiled and drove right back out without a slip of the tire. He told me later that he was so impressed with my car.
wrxdan likes this.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#15 Old 11-05-2013, 09:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

RayRay is an unknown
My first choice I was pondering was a 2012 Mazdaspeed 3. I test drove one and impressed. Then, BAM!! I remember how much I loved the sound of the boxer engine. I quickly left the Mazda dealership and went to Subaru. I saw the sexiest SWP 2012 hatch looking at me. I test drove the beast and quickly fell in love with the AWD handling and power of the car. I threw the salesman the keys to my RX8 and told him to get the paperwork started. 4 months later, stage2 and loving it even more.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Nathan21 likes this.