2Likes
  • 1 Post By brfatal
  • 1 Post By the RIOT act

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-15-2014, 01:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

jizzlets is an unknown
White Halogen Lights

Anyone have suggestions on good white Halogen lights for my '13 WRX? Im looking at these Sylvania ZXe lights on youtube. They look alright, but I see on some forums that they only last about a year and burn out.

Suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-15-2014, 08:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Overwattage bulbs tend to not have long lives. The lower power the bulb the longer it will last. You need to decide what's important.
the RIOT act likes this.
#3 Old 01-15-2014, 08:38 PM
Premium Member

the RIOT act is more helpful than not
Garage
I was considering those when I bought all new bulbs for my '13 as well, but decided against them for the same reasons.

I went with Philips. I heard/read many good reviews on them and I've been running mine for almost a year with no problems out of x6 bulbs all being replaced. They have the Crystal visions which are a pure white, then the Diamond visions for a slight blue hue. Do NOT go by the color charts you'll find when you search for them. They all show the Crystal visions as a slight blue hue...I assure you they're not. After swapping/testing multiple bulbs for the look I wanted I am now running the Diamond visions for my lows/fogs (so they all match when on regularly at night) and the Crystal visions for my highs. The Crystal visions omit more lumens and are much brighter when I need the added light.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
1kwikf likes this.

Brandon - 13' SWP WRX Sedan
#4 Old 01-15-2014, 09:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

1kwikf is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by the riot act View Post
i was considering those when i bought all new bulbs for my '13 as well, but decided against them for the same reasons.

I went with philips. I heard/read many good reviews on them and i've been running mine for almost a year with no problems out of x6 bulbs all being replaced. They have the crystal visions which are a pure white, then the diamond visions for a slight blue hue. Do not go by the color charts you'll find when you search for them. They all show the crystal visions as a slight blue hue...i assure you they're not. After swapping/testing multiple bulbs for the look i wanted i am now running the diamond visions for my lows/fogs (so they all match when on regularly at night) and the crystal visions for my highs. The crystal visions emit more lumens and are much brighter when i need the added light.

sent from autoguide.com app
fixed

2013 SWP WRX Premium
#5 Old 01-16-2014, 05:32 AM
Premium Member

the RIOT act is more helpful than not
Garage
White Halogen Lights

Did u reelly jus brake out tha spellin polise on me? Lol...

Back to my regularly scheduled Tumblr program now.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Brandon - 13' SWP WRX Sedan