What are your most recent mods? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-20-2010, 07:59 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
What are your most recent mods?

How have you spent your time and/or money on your car lately?

Here's my list (1 being the most recent):

5. Replaced windshield
4. Painted stock wheels black (Duplicolor Black/Clear)
3. Installed Hawk HPS brake pads all around w/ ATE Super Blue fluid
2. Installed yellow fog light bulbs (Halo Solaris Yellow)
1. Changed oil (Royal Purple 5W-30, OEM filter)

John
07 WRX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-20-2010, 11:20 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Does it have to be done personally? Cause unfortunately this time around I dont have a part in my build other than to pick the majority of the parts. But it will be getting a plethora of upgrades. Brakes (pads, rotors, lines, fluid), transmisson (gears, clutch, flywheel), swaybars/endlinks, gauges (wideband a/f, egt, oil pressure), air/oil seperator, various busings and mounts (engine, transmission, rear subframe), 30k service. I think thats it, I cant seem to find my list at the moment. I cant wait to get it back, should be a brand new car (again)

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#3 Old 06-20-2010, 12:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
1) FP GT35R HTA (Still fabricating the exhaust manifold)
2) Perrin FMIC
3) PPG 1-5 dogbox
4) MoTeC M800
5) Oil Change (RP 5w30)

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#4 Old 06-20-2010, 01:07 PM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
My most recent mod (if I can call it that) was a fun one, a completely new body shell !! Only took about three weeks to install. Meet the new wagon !! I also just replaced the ugly primered hood with a CF one. I'll post pics after I get it a little straighter. I need to fine tune the fitment at the hinges and latch.
#5 Old 06-20-2010, 02:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

VisiX is a helpful contributing member
Perrin TBE and AP Stage 2

Ryan
2009 STi - Cobb Stage 2
#6 Old 06-20-2010, 05:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

srninjastar is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to srninjastar
only thing ive done of lately is put my stock intercooler back on. and to be honest it feels alot better.

Keshav (kay-shuv)
stage II pro-tuned 04 STi
294whp/343wtq VF39 @19psi
#7 Old 06-20-2010, 06:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
Changed my oil....got a new windshield...thank god i didnt have to pay for the windshield, $400 for a new one.

so stock its not even funny...just kinda sad :(
-Randy
#8 Old 06-20-2010, 06:50 PM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
Ouch that's high ! I've had to pay for two windshields for mine recently, one for the silver car before the accident, and one for the new wagon. Both times they cost $242.00. Yours was probably high because the aftermarket glass companies can't produce the '09 glass yet. I think they're dealer only for three years.
#9 Old 06-20-2010, 10:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

fuapiti is more helpful than not
I have a Cusco catch can that I have not figred out how to install and a Cusco turbo heatshield that also needs to get installed. Y have to send my coilover's struts to get rebuilt and roll my fenders while at it before I get wider tires...
#10 Old 06-20-2010, 11:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
Coilovers are next on my list, that and rims so I can clear 255's all the way around I fear I'm going to be pushing a little too much power for 225's

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#11 Old 06-21-2010, 07:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
@ wagonracer and booosted09: my windshield cost me $100.00 exactly and about an hour of my time (waiting for Safelite to install it) - thank goodness for insurance! Otherwise, it would have cost me $417.12 for a piece of debris that caused my windshield to chip in one spot and then crack almost all the way across over a period of several days.

@ Joshua: nope, you don't have to personally do the work. If you paid someone to do something, that counts too. I'm just wondering what kind of work everyone's been getting done lately... I figured with the nice weather we've been having, somebody on this forum might be up to something exciting and might want to share

Keep the lists coming! It doesn't matter if it's just a car wash/detail, minor change, routine maintenance, or a complete waste of money... pics are always good too

John
07 WRX
#12 Old 06-21-2010, 09:00 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
The spring has been big for my car but you probably all know that...

Trying to remember everything....

-Finally did the dp and got tuned with the ebcs... tune came back at 280whp/301tq
-Then did the up pipe and ewg and got retuned... that tune came back at 290/290 different day and parameters, same dyno so I'm sure I didn't lose tq from the previous tune. Good god I want something better than 91, this thing would be fast.
-Then did all my trans mounts and rear diff. mounts
-Changed the oil
-Painted my taillights something fierce (wife saw them for the first time last night and loved them - take that naysayer!)
-Put some stickers of my tuner and grimmspeed on the rear and side rear windows and in the engine bay

I think that's everything since April or so.

-Chris
#13 Old 06-21-2010, 10:24 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Just found out the wife (drives the STG2 05) is going up to my builder in Chicago next week to get her 60K mile service done, and of course to check on my car (which is still waiting for just the gears to come in now).

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#14 Old 06-21-2010, 11:05 AM
WRXtuners Member

boostspike is more helpful than not
whiteline steering rack bushings and front strut tower brace. Steering feels sooo much better

Nate
2006 wrx TR stg2
#15 Old 06-21-2010, 05:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Did all this at the same time:

Kartboy endlinks (f & r)
Whitleline front and rear swaybars,
Whiteline roll center adjusters (ball joints & tie rod ends)
Whiteline lower control arm brace (front)
Whiteline ALK
Whiteline rear diff lock support bushings
Whiteline transmission bushings
Kartboy shifter mount and linkage bushings
Whiteline steering rack bushings

With these mods, the next thing I should honestly do is get a new seat with a four point harness to keep me in the seat while I take turns...

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"