Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   The Hangout (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   What would you get? (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f56/what-would-you-get-6173/)

mlreynolds21 10-06-2004 08:10 PM

What would you get?

If you had a $35,000 price limit what would you get. I am thinking STi but just want a few opinions.

IBAUCLAPlaya 10-06-2004 08:25 PM

STi for a daily driver. If you want a play toy I would get a new SVT Cobra. :D

mlreynolds21 10-06-2004 08:35 PM

Well I have a 2002 gt and hate it. I have driven a Cobra and it felt just like my gt. Well with tons more power. I was not inpressed with the cobra. Also in Mississippi everybody and there sister has a stang.

al5dsm 10-07-2004 01:59 PM

I love the EVO.. i personally think they are better looking and just an all around better car than most out there.. i might be a little biased towards the 4g63 too ;)

mlreynolds21 10-07-2004 10:28 PM

Yeah thought bout those too but there is just something about it that just pushes me away.

Solice 10-08-2004 12:18 AM

Personally I can't stand how the EVO VIII looks. I really hate the hood. I would take a WRX over an EVO anyday.

bah14 10-08-2004 01:40 AM

[QUOTE=mlreynolds21]I was not inpressed with the cobra. Also in Mississippi everybody and there sister has a stang.[/QUOTE]

In every state ... that holds true. Mustangs, Bleah!
:mad:

bah14 10-08-2004 01:42 AM

[QUOTE=Solice]Personally I can't stand how the EVO VIII looks. I really hate the hood. I would take a WRX over an EVO anyday.[/QUOTE]

I drove an evo before buying the 05 STi, it's a sweet looking glorified WRX. I say, to hell with it. When Mitsu makes a car that's as reliable as Subaru, then we'll talk about evo. I will say, the tuning potential is something to envy.

Bosnian 10-08-2004 05:16 AM

Oh yeah don't forget to mention that the EVO's computer that senses the snow, gravel, tarmac and etc.. does get confused. I bought the Best Motoring DVD which was all about EVO vs. STI and the test drivers were mentioning that if you are driving through different road conditions, the computer gets confused and doesn't know in which mode to stay in. Snow, Gravel or Tarmac, it doesn't matter when one of the wheels rolls onto different spots it just brain freezes. So therefore the EVO is a NO NO and STI yeah yeah.

bah14 10-08-2004 08:30 AM

[QUOTE=Bosnian]Oh yeah don't forget to mention that the EVO's computer that senses the snow, gravel, tarmac and etc.. does get confused. I bought the Best Motoring DVD which was all about EVO vs. STI and the test drivers were mentioning that if you are driving through different road conditions, the computer gets confused and doesn't know in which mode to stay in. Snow, Gravel or Tarmac, it doesn't matter when one of the wheels rolls onto different spots it just brain freezes. So therefore the EVO is a NO NO and STI yeah yeah.[/QUOTE]

I wansn't aware of that. Excellent fact. And yes... the STi is a "yeah yeah" :D

rokstar 10-10-2004 01:22 PM

SVT vs Saleen

Hey whats the difference between a stang SVT and a Saleen? I thought the Saleen was like the SVT but nicer interior, maybe more luxory. One of my buddies said that it pushes a lot more hp then the svt.

IBAUCLAPlaya 10-10-2004 07:24 PM

Thats a good question rokstar. I would like to know that same thing...

djplayboy 10-10-2004 09:35 PM

the saleen the basicly a special package on a svt from what ive heard plus theres only so many made each year

mlreynolds21 10-10-2004 11:29 PM

Actually the svt is totally different. The cobra has a dohc sc engine with 390 hp. The saleens come in 3 packeges. the first is just basically a body kit and rims, with 10 extra hp. The next is a sc sohc engine. not sure about hp maybe around 375. The third is a sohc sc engine with about 415 hp. I personally would rather have a saleen, (1) there are fewer (2) i have read the 415 hp model can run high 11's with some slicks or drag radials. The price on the svt is around 33. The saleen's are something like 30, 45, and 60. don't quote me on that though.

T WREX 10-11-2004 12:55 AM

Saleen is a company that basically buys mustangs off the production line and preps them. SVT is a division of Ford.