What's the deal with... - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 12-08-2006, 02:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

Jamo06TR is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Jamo06TR
About the autobahn thing, same here, i just heard stories, i just had this image of "long space of road" which i geusse america has plenty of those, just always worrying about a police officer hiding behind that got milk sign.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 12-08-2006, 03:15 AM
WRXtuners Member

Herknav is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovecake
I'm not making myself ... I was going for when I originally posted. Once again sorry for the confusion.
No worries dude. I find that alot of folks don't really know what it is like. We all hear about it, but don't really know.

The European driver is a very disciplined driver. That is why the AB works. EVERYONE follows the rules. We cannot have that in the US because we DON'T HAVE DISCIPLINED DRIVERS! Heck, most drivers don't even know the rules of the road. Believe it or not, you are not supposed to drive the speed limit in the left lane... go figure...

Heck, there are a ton of things going on overseas that we don't know about... I drove a Ford Focus Wagon in 1999 on the AB that would put most Subbys to shame... and the Focus had not even been introduced in the US at that time!

Hmm... 5 speed, (most cars in Europe are standards), leather interior, 135 MPH on the AB and solid as a rock...

Brandon
02 WRX Cobb Stage 2 now SOLD to my father who sold it to my Brother. Have fun Al!
#18 Old 12-08-2006, 03:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

garfunkle187 is an unknown
One of the main reasons that an Autobahn is viable in Germany and not in the US or Canada is wildlife. If you're sat at 140mph on the Autobahn, the biggest thing that's gonna wander into the road is a rabbit or fox, which is a little different to hitting a deer/moose/bear/coyote at 140mph... Also, on the autobahn the police are just as eager to give tickets to people for bad lane discipline (going slow in the passing lane etc) as most foreign cops are to give speeding tickets. On the Autobahn it is just accepted that you get out of the way of faster vehicles, simple as.

You're right about the amount of traffic too, which is why more and more of the Autobahns have speed restrictions, particularly at peak hours.

Having grown up in England, and taking a Canadian driving test (not sure how it compares to the US) i must say that the difference was laughable. The test is so much harder in England most people need 30 - 40 hours of practical tuition and failure rates are still incredibly high. then you have to go pay like $8000 to insure a 1.2 litre car unless you're of pensionable age. Because of this most people are very experienced (or just old) drivers by the time they get behind the wheel of a powerful car.

As for the Ford Focus, the UK has already had the mk2 for like 3 years, and i'm not sure if it's even in North America yet.
#19 Old 12-08-2006, 06:25 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
US driving test is a joke. In all seriousness, if a 3 year old could reach the pedals, they could pass. That's how easy it is.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
#20 Old 12-08-2006, 09:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

JOHNYCAMP is an unknown
de winging wrx's and just plugging holes bugs me. as for everything else , yah , what they said.
#21 Old 12-09-2006, 03:36 AM
WRXtuners Member

Jamo06TR is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Jamo06TR
if my car came with a wing i would have left it, i really like the look of the sti wings, mabye somday ill get one!
#22 Old 12-09-2006, 10:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

Jag_Warrior is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidrat
I'm not done yet!!!

SUVs? How and when did driving a LazyBoy and a big-screen T.V. become cool? Get the hell out of my way!!

Using checks to pay for anything that isn't in the mail? Hello?...21st century calling.

PG-13? Gone in 60 seconds should have been made R.

Rotten,paranoid,overprotective parents that can't say NO!!! to their spoiled rotten kids.

Wide turners/corner cutters? Get out of my way!!!

People who walk down the middle of the street when there is a perfectally good sidewalk right there? GTA 10 points!!!
Go man, go!!! Nothing like a good rant to clear the system.

Do a Part 3 when you get a chance. How do you feel about fat people who blame McD's/Burger King/Wendy's for being so fat that they can't fit in their pants anymore? And what do you think about girls who wear clothes so tight that they show camel toe and nipplage, but get bent out of shape when people take notice? And... and, how do you feel about left lane drivers who clog up the passing lane as they go 56mph in a 55 zone? And when you finally do get them to move out of the way, they actually speed the fock up! Sometimes I'd just like to follow them to a rest stop and Ahhh!!!! Fight the urge. Fight the urge.
#23 Old 12-10-2006, 08:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

Fidrat is more helpful than not
Still not done...

Lower taxes on pickups? It used to be for work. Now they buy them if their wiener is too small. Sorry, small dork doesn't mean tax break.

Signal damnit!!! It's the guy you don't see that needs you to signal the most. Like joggers, bicycles, motorcycles, dog walkers, if you are going to do something dumb, let us know. Don't surprise us.

Bad dog owners? There are no bad dogs only bad owners. Ever watch the dog wisperer? Most of the time it's the stupid owners fault.

Fat chicks that dress like they are skinny and skinny chicks who think they are fat?

Why can't I stop smoking? Damn!! I'm hooked.

People who take up the whole driveway when they enter or exit. It's suposed to be for two cars and if you drive an SUV learn where your wheeles and fenders are so you can drive the damn thing!!! I'ts not as big as you wish it was. Get the hell out of my way!!!

Big amped car stereos? Anything over 200-300 watts is doing damage not only to you but your car too...BUZZ,BUZZ,BUMP,BUZZ... Back to the small dick thing again.

I'm feeling better now. I got two job interviews next week.

All right, where is the distributor cap? I need to find the #1 plug wire to hook up my SUN machine.
#24 Old 12-10-2006, 08:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

mxboy15u is an unknown
Old people on the internet! That really grinds my gears...
#25 Old 12-10-2006, 08:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxboy15u
Old people on the internet! That really grinds my gears...

Are you saying you do or dissagree with what I said? If you look The name of this thred it says; what is the deal with...This suggests that I wan't some explaination. So,explaine. Help me understand the madness.

All right, where is the distributor cap? I need to find the #1 plug wire to hook up my SUN machine.
#26 Old 12-10-2006, 09:19 PM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Still not done...Fat chicks that dress like they are skinny and skinny chicks who think they are fat?
I couldn't agree more!
Attached Images

#27 Old 12-10-2006, 10:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXKidid775 is more helpful than not
my system in my car runs at 2000 watts peak for just my 2 12s and i dont have a small penis...
#28 Old 12-10-2006, 10:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

nicmowrx is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to nicmowrx
ive been de winging my cars for about the last 4 or 5 years. maybe i started the fad. sorry. as for badges...they suck i prefer a much cleaner look. in short. its just peoples style get over it. what are you a communist?

stay tuned for hks turbo upgrade-nic
#29 Old 12-10-2006, 10:54 PM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Are you saying you do or dissagree with what I said? If you look The name of this thred it says; what is the deal with...This suggests that I wan't some explaination. So,explain. Help me understand the madness.
When I was a kid, my father summed it up like this.... "son, we're surrounded by idiots, so you might as well get used to it"... I have passed this wisdom on to my daughter (10 years old) who, when riding in the WRX, mutters under her breath "idjit" as other drivers pull bonehead moves around us. I love my kid
#30 Old 12-10-2006, 10:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXKidid775
my system in my car runs at 2000 watts peak for just my 2 12s and i dont have a small penis...
Just a medophor for low self esteame. Don't get all bent.