What really grinds my gears! - Page 10 - Subaru WRX Forum
 105Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#136 Old 12-23-2013, 01:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

1kwikf is more helpful than not
What grinds my gears is when People criticize the fact that I use premium fuel in my cars. giving me reasons like "you're wasting money", "you dont need that", or "i'm only going to pay for the price of regular" (someone who offered to pay for gas on a trip). I am the only car guy in my family and friends, so trying to explain to them a/f ratios, spark knock, and detonation is pointless.

2013 SWP WRX Premium
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#137 Old 12-23-2013, 01:09 PM
Premium Member

arewmors is more helpful than not
Garage
It's not really a waste of money, I mean it's what like $2-3 more dollars a fill up for the better gas. If you're that hurting for money than you shouldn't offer to pay for the gas to begin with.
And the manual says recommended 91 octane or better for wrx and 93 octane for sti

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
Tuned by Innovative Tuning
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
#138 Old 03-15-2014, 06:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

What grinds my gears is people acting like my side job (detailing cars/Mechanic work) is something that I just do as a hobby. Asking me things like "if i help can I have half off" "Can You come to my house instead of me coming to the shop" "i want to watch so I can Learn How to do It"

I dont mind helping people, but too many people act like what I do is just for fun. I do it to suppliment my income. I dont even mind giving breaks on my prices every once in a while, but just expecting something for free or expecting me to spend triple the time to explain how/why im doing what im doing so they can "learn" really gets under my skin.

I also cant stand when people would like you to do a favor for them but are unwilling to meet you halfway. My buddy asked me to detail his truck (a 10+ hour project) and wanted me to come to his house. when I asked if he could just come to my shop so I could work indoors (its 40 degrees and windy today, not good for detailing) he got angry and said to forget it.
He would be getting a free detail on his truck (something I charge $500+ for) and he couldnt be bothered to drive it 20 minutes.

Just tired of people expecting something and willing to do nothing for it.

End Rant!

2013 SWP WRX Premium
#139 Old 03-24-2014, 05:02 PM
Premium Member

the RIOT act is more helpful than not
Garage
When the DD teller sees you put a dollar in her cup and doesn't say thank you...I feel like taking it back. Am I wrong though?.?.lol!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
arewmors and 1kwikf like this.

Brandon - 13' SWP WRX Sedan
#140 Old 03-26-2014, 01:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the RIOT act View Post
When the DD teller sees you put a dollar in her cup and doesn't say thank you...I feel like taking it back. Am I wrong though?.?.lol!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
thats how i feel when i let someone into traffic and they dont do the courtesy wave
Epictofer likes this.

2013 SWP WRX Premium
#141 Old 04-25-2014, 12:14 AM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
I want to take a sledgehammer to every person's car in my apartment complex who just flings open their doors right into my car. I know exactly who they are because I check my car every night and every morning (yes, I'm OCD like that). I even park far away to keep it from happening. $%*%@^ $&#*^! I want to destroy something!

Thank you for listening.
Cosmo_kraemer and 1kwikf like this.

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"