What do you think about the 2010 Taurus SHO

The New 2010 Taurus

All-Wheel Drive (AWD), Standard
3.5L EcoBoost™ 24-valve DOHC V6
6-speed electronically controlled automatic overdrive with paddle activation
365 HP @ 5550 rpm
350 LB @ 1500-5250 rpm

Brad

AEM CAI, Perrin ELH wrapped, Catted Downpipe, Stage II XPT tune, K4RT30Y STS, lip, shark fin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-15-2009, 03:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
You know what, im not a big fan of ford but they do have my respect for building cars that people want and not needing bailouts and filing for banruptcy. That being said i saw the commercial for that taurus and it's actually not that bad at all. If i was in the market for a mid-size sedan i would highly consider this car.

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
#3 Old 08-15-2009, 03:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

ratfink is a helpful contributing member
A twin turbo 365 HP V6 got my attention. I am thinking with turning and mods this could be a 400AW HP car. Pretty pricey though. The SHO starts at $37K

Brad

AEM CAI, Perrin ELH wrapped, Catted Downpipe, Stage II XPT tune, K4RT30Y STS, lip, shark fin
#4 Old 08-15-2009, 04:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
My overall impression of the car is pretty good. I like that it has AWD and more than adequate power, but the price tag is slightly out of my reach. The looks don't really do much for me either, but I think it's aimed more toward a guy in his 30s (+/-) with a young family, which isn't me... yet. It doesn't seem to have any direct competition with Subaru's line of cars - possibly an STi version of the Legacy, if such a car existed.

John
07 WRX
#5 Old 08-15-2009, 07:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
well it beats the piss out of a 95 SHO.....anything twin turbo gets my nod of approval...
#6 Old 08-15-2009, 09:17 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Great specs, horribly boring looks, and high price range. Im sure a few will sell though. Im sure some of the SHO diehards will be looking into getting one.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#7 Old 08-16-2009, 01:11 AM
WRXtuners Member

ratfink is a helpful contributing member
Frankly the boring looks is kinda what draws me to it. Debadge it and have a great sleeper. I do not need attention from the cops. LOL

Brad

#8 Old 08-16-2009, 01:26 AM
WRXtuners Member

kfxrider90 is an unknown
I think it's bad ass. I like the mirror idea, As a motorcycle rider I get cut off or nearly ran off the road from people not turning their head and looking. Hopefully more cars will come out with the same technology. It will save lives.

Ford------- I love you.
#9 Old 08-16-2009, 01:54 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
It's a big car, bigger than it looks. It's crown vic sized interior in there, just with a shorter hood and trunk. I also think the public isn't going to eat up a 17/24mpg car that requires 91.

My wife owns the first car that got ford's new 3.5L (07 MKZ). Her's is N/A at 263hp but it was clear from the beginning ford wanted to turbo it. What I'd like to see is for this engine to find it's way into the fusion sized platform (perhaps a mazdaspeed6 or MKS). In a lighter car, it would actually get decent mileage. Probably better than an LGT I'd wager. Course, LGT comes with a stick. Nobody wants sticks though, right? Sticks are bad

I think these cars help make the lesser models "cool" again. I'm glad ford is figuring it out. I also like the styling in the past 3 years or so. Good to see an American company get it right.

Now, just bring us the fiesta, a real focus instead of this 15 year old POS, and stop making mazda's look like they're grinning.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#10 Old 08-16-2009, 07:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

slo2sixty is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfxrider90 View Post
I think it's bad ass. I like the mirror idea, As a motorcycle rider I get cut off or nearly ran off the road from people not turning their head and looking. Hopefully more cars will come out with the same technology. It will save lives.

Ford------- I love you.

+1 to that. Idiots. but i think that it is pretty sweet

02 WRX Now STG 3
92 Ninja 600
Quit crying and be happy. could be driving a mustang - Jujutsuka
#11 Old 08-17-2009, 07:12 AM
WRXtuners Member

JimmyJ is an unknown
Iam glad ford is representing the american auto industry with car, props to ford!!!
#12 Old 08-17-2009, 08:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
the only problem i have with american cars is that they are great up until about 80-100k miles...than they fall to shit...not just the mechanics....but everything goes..i love my country..but not their cars.
#13 Old 08-18-2009, 11:33 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Just like any car...take care of it and most american cars will definatly last past 80k-100k. Come on now...

Last edited by turmic; 10-23-2009 at 08:37 PM.
#14 Old 10-16-2009, 09:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

Herknav is more helpful than not
Think of the SHO as more a direct competitor to the BMW 335xi. 65 more horses for a smaller price tag. Yes, it will be lacking in BMW "driver experience", but the value is still there. Ford seems to be doing a pretty good job with portions of thier fleet (Mustang, Taurus, F-150), and all without tax-payer money... Rumor is that the eco-boost engine will be seen in other platforms (wonder if it will fit in the Focus?), including (possibly) the Mustang...

Brandon
02 WRX Cobb Stage 2 now SOLD to my father who sold it to my Brother. Have fun Al!
#15 Old 10-29-2009, 04:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

SoobCoug07 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
Think of the SHO as more a direct competitor to the BMW 335xi. 65 more horses for a smaller price tag. Yes, it will be lacking in BMW "driver experience", but the value is still there. Ford seems to be doing a pretty good job with portions of thier fleet (Mustang, Taurus, F-150), and all without tax-payer money... Rumor is that the eco-boost engine will be seen in other platforms (wonder if it will fit in the Focus?), including (possibly) the Mustang...
Did you really just compare a ford to a BMW?

Not a chance they could even be in the same class. Plus MSRP on the BMW is less than 7k more than the Ford. A closer comparison would be the Infiniti G37, which I would also take in a heartbeat over the SHO.