What do you think? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 10-09-2009, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Question What do you think?

So my family is growing and 2 WRXs arent going to be practical. But another subie is a must. My girlfriend said she either gets/wants a truck or a legacy (non wagon unfortunately). I have been doing research of my own, reading, looking around. We are going to trade in or sell the 2005 and replace it with a legacy. What do you feel the best model/year is? I would love to have a GT Spec-B, but highly doubt that, they are hard to find also. And I really like the 2005 legacys looks, but just not too sure. The only real thing I need to keep in mind is its going to be an auto also. And hopefully I dont mod this one too much. Just looking for eveyone elses thoughts or feelings on this. I know some of you have experience with the legacy, or other subies in general and trying to show here not just my thoughts but others also.

Thanks everyone

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 10-09-2009, 03:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

srninjastar is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to srninjastar
you could get a forester 2.5xt. they have quite a bit of room in them and weigh a tad bit more than an sti.

Keshav (kay-shuv)
stage II pro-tuned 04 STi
294whp/343wtq VF39 @19psi
post #3 of 12 Old 10-09-2009, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by srninjastar View Post
you could get a forester 2.5xt. they have quite a bit of room in them and weigh a tad bit more than an sti.
Unfortunately no wagons. Nothing that would suggest she is or is driving a "soccer mom" vehicle. <---Those are her words. I myself wouldnt mind, but then again its not going to be "my" car because Im not getting rid of my 07 WRX. So it has to be a legacy of some sort, but not a wagon version. Thanks though man.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #4 of 12 Old 10-09-2009, 04:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

Deli_B is an unknown
I am biased to 2005 subies. The legacy hands down would be a great car for you and her. My wife and I have decided that is going to be our next car purchase. For my wife though she doesn't care what year or anything and for me any car would mean she doesn't have to drive my WRX. Plus with the Legacies that have so many versions, so even though you steer her to that model, she has some say in what type it is. Gives her a little say in the matter and you get a nice ride. Just my 2 cents. Good luck
post #5 of 12 Old 10-09-2009, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deli_B View Post
I am biased to 2005 subies. The legacy hands down would be a great car for you and her. My wife and I have decided that is going to be our next car purchase. For my wife though she doesn't care what year or anything and for me any car would mean she doesn't have to drive my WRX. Plus with the Legacies that have so many versions, so even though you steer her to that model, she has some say in what type it is. Gives her a little say in the matter and you get a nice ride. Just my 2 cents. Good luck
I was actually looking for an 05 Legacy when I was looking at WRXs, but this was for me and at the time it was very hard to find the exact one I was looking for. But I do like the 05 Legacy alot. If one with the right price and miles surfaces I would probably get it. We were just talking some more about it, and she said it has to be fast (of course her definition and mine are different, lol), loud (so I will be doing at least a CBE on it also) and an auto. She hasnt mentioned color yet. This was just to see what others thought.

And Deli_B I do appreciate your 2 cents. Its very rational and does make sense for both of us, thanks.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #6 of 12 Old 10-09-2009, 05:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

Deli_B is an unknown
->Newtothegame, I don't know how far you have to go to get your car, but a quick search on AutoTrader I found one in Colorado. Sorry, I took it upon myself to look up your zip and find these cars near by.

Here is the link to it. Its white, 48,041 miles, 5spd Auto for 15,990

Cars for Sale: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Sedan in Denver, CO 80231: Sedan Details - 263351952 - AutoTrader.com
post #7 of 12 Old 10-09-2009, 06:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
yea i love 05 legacys...the one Deli-b put up is pretty nice...love the white.

so stock its not even funny...just kinda sad :(
-Randy
post #8 of 12 Old 10-09-2009, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Thats exactly what I would have liked when I was looking for one years ago, but in 5spd, lol. But that is nice, and she likes it. I just dont know if she is ready or not. She just mentioned that she might wait until after I get back from my deployment, so now the time frame might shift till March of 2011 Regardless Im still going to keep looking and Deli_B thanks again.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #9 of 12 Old 10-10-2009, 12:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

bizzle is more helpful than not
Send a message via Yahoo to bizzle
My opinion- hell yes for the Legacy- especially a GT. 2005 was a really nice year- I remember when they came out and I drooled all over a GT model. If it hadn't been for the 09 WRX coming as a hatch with the HP boost I would have bought an LGT hands down. I like their styling over the WRX coupe any day, and still might get one down the road if I outgrow my hatch. The newer ones are now a bit bigger though- and don't have as good styling in my opinion.

You going for turbo, or N/A?

-D
post #10 of 12 Old 10-10-2009, 01:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Keep in mind that you're going to need to fit a double stroller in the trunk, and all the other crap that comes along with kids. My wife absolutely wanted the wagon for the extra room. We've found it to be the perfect car so far. We also got 29 MPG's on a recent 6 hour road trip.

We've only got two weeks left until our twins arrive. I'm putting in the car seats today.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
post #11 of 12 Old 10-10-2009, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Well I drove like 2 hours today to a dealership, yes thats the closest one to where I am right now to talk and see what they might be able to offer. The new Legacy 2.5 GT is out of the question as its not offered in an automatic anymore. Fine with me, not the wife. I tried selling her on a BEAUTIFUL white on white forrester xt, still no wagon. But I did test drive the new 3.6R Legacy, auto with the paddle shifters. I retract my statement made in another thread about not getting one or even thinking about it. Im almost sold on it already. For being an N/A car it pulled great, the power was linear, the paddle shifter option was nice, it made a slight difference. Back seat space, and trunk space was ample for our needs. Slightle heavier, but handle decently. The sales rep let me drive the car about 20-25 miles, on and off the interstate. I think that will be what Im looking at when it comes time to get the new car.

Thanks for the feedback and help everyone. I do appreciate the time.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #12 of 12 Old 10-11-2009, 01:04 AM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I tried to fit two car seats in the back of my 09 Outback tonight and they didn't fit !Cry!

I'm only 5'8" and the steering wheel was in my chest. I bought the Outback before we found we were having twins. I've only got 4200 miles on it. I think the 2010 Outback might be able to fit two infant seats. I can't believe this car won't fit two rear facing infant seats.

I wonder what they'd give me on trade. I guess I'll have to start looking at Escalades

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback