buy an STi 4 40.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-28-2005, 05:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

AWDwannabe is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to AWDwannabe
what to do what to do

ok, ive kinda come to a crossraods. i have my 93 eclipse. i jsut found out today that my i get whatever cars my dealership sells at invoice. this menas i could get the $33k STi on our lot for about $28k. i had some big plans for my little eclipse until i found this out, now im wondering...should i dump all that money into a 93 eclipse or save everything i cna and get a new car around my 18th, which is in february? im really kind of torn. i like my eclipse alot, and financially its alot more feasible, but if i can afford it i really want an STi, or atleast a rex. Another factor i consider is that my eclipse doesnt have the 4g63, or two liter motor. if it had that, turbo or not, id keep the eclipse til later, but with the motor on there now there jsut isnt any options engine/power wise for me to do. what do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-28-2005, 05:46 PM
Ian

Ian is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Ian
I would say STI but if your just turning 18 you might want to base your plans on your insurance costs

My turbo's fixed and a lot better =)
#3 Old 07-28-2005, 06:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

AWDwannabe is an unknown
yea ive considered that too but i figure if i buy it in february that will only give me a few months of smaller pay checks and then once summer starts ill be working full time all the time, with alot better pay bc ill be able to do inspections and emissions adn sh*t. i know that insurance on STi's is high as hell, i think im gonna wait and see how much it would be.

edit-one plus on the insurance is i have aclean record. i actually have two tickets but both are without points and an accident but there was no damage to the other guy, only me. i only had liability so it was never reported.
#4 Old 07-28-2005, 09:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

9d2TSi is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to 9d2TSi Send a message via MSN to 9d2TSi
I'm with Ian on this. I would tell you to go for it as well, but you don't want to get yourself into something that you might run the risk of not being able to afford. I'd be more apt to tell you to go for the regular WRX over the STi. Plus, insurance on a new STi is going to be rough for you even with no points. Get the regular WRX and keep the Eclipse for the winter time.

My car is well, it's like 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag...

<------ Click to see what I'm workin' with. ;)
#5 Old 07-29-2005, 11:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

T WREX is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to T WREX Send a message via Yahoo to T WREX
Drive the eclipse and leave it stock while you save up a BIG down payment for the STI. The last thing you want to do is saddle yourself with a huge car payment for the next few years, especially if you're just turning 18. You're going to want some financial flexibility, driving a STi everyday is a BLAST, but being locked down by a $500+ car payment + huge insurance won't be as fun as you think.

FP Green'd 04 STi

Trevor
#6 Old 07-29-2005, 05:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

AWDwannabe is an unknown
well ive thought that over too, which is why i was going to wait and see what the insurance company had to say about all this before i made my choice. ive heavily considered getting jsut a wrx, to be honest i jsut want something with a blow off valve (as childish as that sounds, but i jsut love that f*cking noise) before school's out. as for keeping the eclipse....while the car is very affordable ($20/week in gas and less than $90/mo on insurance) keeping both cars doesnt seem very feasible. i'd love to have both but unless i save up enough to outright buy another DSM i dont see myself keeping the eclipse. and as for the winter thing, screw that, awd is a hell of alot better than fwd. i think maybe i'll see what i cna get on a regular WRX.