What did you do to your car today - Page 7 - Subaru WRX Forum
 376Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#91 Old 07-20-2013, 03:35 AM
Premium Member

boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidrat View Post
That sux, The money you saved wont add up to the money you will have to spend for the installation gear and shipping that comes FREE with a NEW one from Crutchfield. And no tech support? Good luck. Don't worry,you'll be able to make a harness with the help of the instructions that come with the HU. That is if the scratch & dent comes with instructions.
No, no, no,......I ordered the scratch and dent from crutchfield online. Got the wiring harness and tech support. Hoping there will not be any noticeable flaws.

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 Old 07-20-2013, 03:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

06_hawk_eye is an unknown
Name:  ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1374310300.230837.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  49.4 KB

Not excatly the right post to prob post this but why not.. We built a fire pit and now where up at 4 starting the fire for our pig roast more pictures to come

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
the RIOT act likes this.
#93 Old 07-20-2013, 04:41 AM
WRXtuners Member

Fidrat is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by boo-key bear View Post
No, no, no,......I ordered the scratch and dent from crutchfield online. Got the wiring harness and tech support. Hoping there will not be any noticeable flaws.
Cool,that will make installation a breeze.

All right, where is the distributor cap? I need to find the #1 plug wire to hook up my SUN machine.
#94 Old 07-20-2013, 12:12 PM
Premium Member

Nathan21 is an unknown
Love those pig roasts hawkeye!!! Haven't had one in about 6 years!! But that is the advantages of living out in no where unlike in the city where we have people complain when u ever have a fire n your fireplace haha
06_hawk_eye likes this.
#95 Old 07-21-2013, 04:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

06_hawk_eye is an unknown
Went down to fishing creek road it's called down at the other end of the county today. It's about 3 miles of dirt roads and 3 spots where they have it concreted accoss the creek so you have to cross. Was a lot of fun got a little dirty Name:  ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1374441241.882682.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  107.4 KB nothit crazy just some fun

the RIOT act and arewmors like this.
#96 Old 07-22-2013, 08:15 AM
Premium Member

boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Here is what i got to do to mine today went ahead and pulled it. Waiting on parts in the mail.
Attached Images

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
#97 Old 07-22-2013, 08:52 AM
Premium Member

the RIOT act is more helpful than not
Garage
Yeah axle boots never seem to last long. I did like 3 sets on my Civic back in the day. The neutral drops at 16/17 years old prob didn't help though lol!

V-Tec kicked in yo!

Brandon - 13' SWP WRX Sedan
#98 Old 07-22-2013, 11:22 AM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Oh Ive been there before...happened to me at the track. Car launched great the first 2 times, although the track prep sucked, but 3rd pass, BAM!!!!. truth be told my axles handled a crap ton of abuse for being stock axles...

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#99 Old 07-24-2013, 06:59 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Wrapped and coated my dump tube in hopes of it putting less heat on my cv boot that it comes within inches of. This is the same one that busted. Got some led's off ebay that im gonna try out. If i like them i will replace all my bulbs with them. Non car related but, bought myself a new service cart for work. Now i can take the old one home to work out of. Maybe i will be able to find my tools when im working on something now.....doubt it. Ups guy should be here today with my new head unit.
Attached Images

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
#100 Old 07-24-2013, 08:19 AM
WRXtuners Member

xxKnight48xx is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by boo-key bear View Post
Wrapped and coated my dump tube in hopes of it putting less heat on my cv boot that it comes within inches of. This is the same one that busted. Got some led's off ebay that im gonna try out. If i like them i will replace all my bulbs with them. Non car related but, bought myself a new service cart for work. Now i can take the old one home to work out of. Maybe i will be able to find my tools when im working on something now.....doubt it. Ups guy should be here today with my new head unit.
Digging that tool box.

Out of curiosity. What is the benefit of coating those pipes with that silicone stuff?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
#101 Old 07-24-2013, 09:20 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Damn lights were to big around to fit in the hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxKnight48xx View Post
Digging that tool box.

Out of curiosity. What is the benefit of coating those pipes with that silicone stuff?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks! It seals and protects it from moisture, dirt, grease, grime and whatever els might get trapped in the wraps fibers. Before you seal it the wrap is just fabric like. if done properly (which includes baking it at 400 degrees or more) It really protects and seals. It becomes pretty hard after sealing it properly. Kinda wish I did my uppipe before I installed it but, it still has a thermal coating on it. I'm just not sure how much thermal coating really does for surface temps and radiant heat. i still get paranoid that wrap could cause a fire if oil was to leak on it

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
#102 Old 07-24-2013, 11:36 AM
Premium Member

the RIOT act is more helpful than not
Garage
Adair, here's a link for the seller I buy all my bulbs from with a direct link to his cheapest posting on 194's. your pic looked like (8's) so that's the link I posted. He's got whatever you need though and a US seller. I've run into your situation before though and run this style bulb so the casing doesn't hit the housing. I actually had to use em on the Rex too when I switched ALL lights to LED. Hope this helped bro!

http://bit.ly/12LGeHz

Brandon - 13' SWP WRX Sedan
#103 Old 07-24-2013, 04:12 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by the RIOT act View Post
Adair, here's a link for the seller I buy all my bulbs from with a direct link to his cheapest posting on 194's. your pic looked like (8's) so that's the link I posted. He's got whatever you need though and a US seller. I've run into your situation before though and run this style bulb so the casing doesn't hit the housing. I actually had to use em on the Rex too when I switched ALL lights to LED. Hope this helped bro!

http://bit.ly/12LGeHz

Thank you! I will for sure refer to your link when i order replacements. The ones i got were like a millimeter from fitting inside the tail light housing. I probably could have forced them but then when i take them out the may have fallen inside the housing and then i would have never got them out.

On another note, the ups fairy came today and brought the head unit that i couldn't resist after seeing fidrat's. I got it from crutchfield discounted as a scratch & dent. Can't find a flaw on it though! This is my first time using them and, i am very pleased with their service. Absolutely everything needed to install was included. It will probably be next week before i have time to install. My son and the dog even got something they had fun with from crutchfield as well.
Attached Images

the RIOT act likes this.

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
#104 Old 07-24-2013, 04:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
The boy looks like a TON of hard work!!!

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#105 Old 07-24-2013, 05:09 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
The boy looks like a TON of hard work!!!
Yes he is Paul! Raising a child alone is one of the hardest things anyone could ever do. It is also the most rewarding!

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!