WRXtuners Member

1kwikf is more helpful than not
Detailed my WRX and Applied Cquartz UK for 2years of waxless protection

2013 SWP WRX Premium
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 741 Old 06-05-2014, 09:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
wow! just read up on CQuartz UK, and was expecting a much higher price given what it is and does. Please let us know your thoughts on the product as time goes by!
1kwikf likes this.

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
post #723 of 741 Old 06-07-2014, 01:53 AM
WRXtuners Member

1kwikf is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepr View Post
wow! just read up on CQuartz UK, and was expecting a much higher price given what it is and does. Please let us know your thoughts on the product as time goes by!
I can tell you from applying it to many other cars, Its a fantastic product! It beads water relentlessly, makes washing the vehicle very very easy as most of the dirt just sprays off, increases gloss, and it has moderate scratch resistance which really helps with this soft subaru paint.

The cost for the product isnt really that high, but it is a semi permanent coating so if it is applied wrong, or the residue isnt wiped off completely before it dries, you'll have to repolish that panel to remove the coating and then re apply it.

Once you figure out how to "install" it onto your car, its pretty simple, and the benefits are amazing.

Expect to pay around $200-300 to have this coating installed by a detailer (plus polishing to make the paint perfect before coating)

This is a Focus I did a while back after a rain storm (car hasnt been washed in weeks at this point)

sleepr likes this.

2013 SWP WRX Premium
post #724 of 741 Old 07-05-2014, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
I added another sticker under the hood today. This one is not just any +5hp sticker. It actually has purpose. It has the torque specs and tool sizes for common maintenance related things. Got it from ultimate tool. I also put one on my toolbox .

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Attached Images

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
post #725 of 741 Old 07-07-2014, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Cleaned my air filter. You just really can't tell how dirty these things are until you take them off and clean them.

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
post #726 of 741 Old 07-21-2014, 10:25 AM
WRXtuners Member

lfuller1988 is an unknown
Just installed my Perrin License Plate Delete and License Plate Relocation Kit

post #727 of 741 Old 07-24-2014, 01:09 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfuller1988 View Post
Just installed my Perrin License Plate Delete and License Plate Relocation Kit

Looks good! Now time to throw a lip on for a little lower look in the front.......if you like that look. I took mine off the other day to repaint it and couldn't believe the difference it made in illusion of ride height from the front.

I haven't done anything lately to mine but, my closet is really starting to pile up with parts so it won't be long.

Attached Images

lfuller1988 likes this.

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
post #728 of 741 Old 07-24-2014, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Garage
Found time on my lunch break at work to install my master cylinder brace. Haven't had a chance to drive it yet. Ill see if I can feel any more firmness in the pedal on the way home and give my thoughts in my build journal later.

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
post #729 of 741 Old 07-25-2014, 10:24 AM
WRXtuners Member

Well now it is on to my first big DIY project....Gonna buy a few yards of blue Alacantra and a few yards of black Alacantra. I want to make a cool black and blue color scheme for the interior of my rex
boo-key likes this.
post #730 of 741 Old 08-06-2014, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfuller1988 View Post
Well now it is on to my first big DIY project....Gonna buy a few yards of blue Alacantra and a few yards of black Alacantra. I want to make a cool black and blue color scheme for the interior of my rex
Sounds nice! Keep us posted and don't forget the pics.

Today, for the first time ever in 7 years since I bought the car new I finally cleaned the engine. I had always been nervous about getting it wet but said screw it today. I sprayed it liberally with scrubbing bubbles bathroom cleaner, let it work a few minutes, and then rinsed it with the hose. Worked pretty well.

Epictofer and lfuller1988 like this.

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
post #731 of 741 Old 08-06-2014, 07:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo_kraemer is an unknown
Garage
well really have not done much to the Subies in a while. i did sand and buff out the clear coat i did on the wifes wing and put her decals on.
Attached Images

post #732 of 741 Old 08-11-2014, 01:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

On Sunday I washed, waxed and full detailed in the inside of my car. Here are some pictures of the outside. Just as I finished the sun went down. Wish I could have taken some pictures when the sun was out, but it looked like it was going to rain so I booked it to my garage. Next up on my list? Getting my clear coat fixed on my front bumper. It seems that the clear coat on the left side of the front bumper is starting to peel off a little. ugh the struggle is real

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
sleepr likes this.
post #733 of 741 Old 11-08-2014, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Garage
Finally got my parts and rebooted my cv axle that tore on me. Now I just gotta find time to put it back in the car.

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
post #734 of 741 Old 11-17-2014, 10:20 AM
WRXtuners Member

This weekend I turned my car over to Subaru for routine maintenance. Turns out I needed new tires and now my rear brake pads are low. 4mm I believe. By the time I head into my next LOF I can think about doing an aftermarket brake kit, rear and front. Keeping my baby in top shape is so so expensive but very worth it. And maybe if I did not have the "mod bug" I would say stay stock brakes, but what fun is that?
post #735 of 741 Old 11-17-2014, 10:47 AM
WRXtuners Member

Epictofer is known to be trustworthy and helpful Epictofer is known to be trustworthy and helpful Epictofer is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
I always want to post in this thread, but my cellphone camera is broken. Over the last 2 months i have pulled my motor twice and built it, done a boost control solenoid, custom Torqued Performance tuning. Built my own air oil separator, painted wheels, and installed a block heater! Gonna be ordering a ton of suspension bushings and bars in the next week or two as well!

E also did that simoniz glasscoat stuff. Seems to work awesome to me~
boo-key likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement