What did you do to your car today - Page 17 - Subaru WRX Forum
 376Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#241 Old 08-17-2013, 11:40 AM
Premium Member

the RIOT act is more helpful than not
Garage
Could be a clearcoat not compatible with the Nightshades.

Too cold? What was the temp where they were at?

Sounds like you did the steps accurately to me though....

You're gonna have to sand that back down to the bare light though for sure!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Brandon - 13' SWP WRX Sedan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 Old 08-17-2013, 02:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Made the mistake of trying to get a price quote on going wingless... HOLY S**T!!!!
boo-key bear and the RIOT act like this.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#243 Old 08-17-2013, 05:25 PM
Premium Member

Garage
How much Keith? Just curious....

#244 Old 08-17-2013, 05:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
You don't really wanna know...
the RIOT act likes this.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#245 Old 08-18-2013, 10:08 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
So, I like you guys. But, stop dicking around with the VHT nightshades...especially if you own a black car. I can't tell you how many people around me look like they've used spray paint on their brake lights and when they hit the brakes I damn near run into them because I can't see their brake lights. It's meant to be red and bright for a reason. But, if you want please continue and hope that someone doesn't rear end you and sue for not being able to see your modified brake lights. Because I definitely will if I ever end up hitting one of the pricks around here. Full tort insurance on my end. /end rant. Sorry if I offend anyone, but its just as bad as throwing hid drop ins in a halogen headlight.
arewmors likes this.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#246 Old 08-18-2013, 10:34 AM
WRXtuners Member

This would be classified under my "People are stupid" file.
turmic and arewmors like this.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#247 Old 08-18-2013, 05:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

So it wasn't my car, but a friends. 2003 WRX PSM. Did a O2 replacement, valve cover gasket replacement and a nice tune. He seemed pretty happy with the way the car was running compared to his "other tune"<--no names will be mentioned, said it pulls harder than it ever did. I feel pretty good about that.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#248 Old 08-18-2013, 06:00 PM
Premium Member

boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
So, I like you guys. But, stop dicking around with the VHT nightshades...especially if you own a black car. I can't tell you how many people around me look like they've used spray paint on their brake lights and when they hit the brakes I damn near run into them because I can't see their brake lights. It's meant to be red and bright for a reason. But, if you want please continue and hope that someone doesn't rear end you and sue for not being able to see your modified brake lights. Because I definitely will if I ever end up hitting one of the pricks around here. Full tort insurance on my end. /end rant. Sorry if I offend anyone, but its just as bad as throwing hid drop ins in a halogen headlight.
I like everyone on this forum as well and prefer to keep it that way. You guys are a knowledgable and helpful part of my and many others modding journey. With that said I do feel a little under attack . Tinting your lights is no different than many other mods. We all do mods to accommodate our personal style and preferences. Most of us have illegal mods in some form or another weather it be removing smog/emissions equipment, turning off cel's, altering ride height, blasting open wastegates, exhaust or sound system louder than the legal limit, dropping in hid's...exct, exct, exct. One can argue that any of these is a safety or emissions violation and is in essence illegal in some states . I have never been behind a vehicle with tinted lights and felt like I was in danger of rear ending them. If you feel this way you should back off to a safe distance and pay closer attention. It is no more dangerous than romping on the skinny pedal on a public road. We are all guilty of that at some point but, are not bashing one another for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
This would be classified under my "People are stupid" file.
If it makes me stupid then, so be it

On topic and for those whom it dosent really matter if a car has tinted lights or not, it turns out the cracking was actually in the light itself. I re-did it and it is fine. I am waiting 48 hours before I wetsand and buff them out. I may have went a little too dark in which case I will do them again. I will post up some pics when they are back on the car. I am open to critisism like Keith and kirt put out there. I'm not mad at them. Thats what makes these forums and each of our unique styles so great How fun would this be if we all thought the same on everything :eek:
the RIOT act likes this.

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
#249 Old 08-18-2013, 06:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

Oh don't get your panties in a bunch boo-key, you know we still love you anyway....

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#250 Old 08-18-2013, 06:19 PM
Premium Member

boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Sorry, must be my man period. Hate wearing these period panties, they always bunch up The love is still mutual

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
#251 Old 08-18-2013, 06:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

Besides your closer to me than the other people on here...lol

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#252 Old 08-18-2013, 06:24 PM
Premium Member

Garage
If its too dark Adair you can wetsand it down till at your liking. Just be careful you don't sand to much in one area. Sanding them in the sun makes getting the tint even in appearance a lot easier! Then simply clear them once they're to the darkness you want.

#253 Old 08-18-2013, 06:40 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by the RIOT act View Post
If its too dark Adair you can wetsand it down till at your liking. Just be careful you don't sand to much in one area. Sanding them in the sun makes getting the tint even in appearance a lot easier! Then simply clear them once they're to the darkness you want.

I already cleared them at the same time as the vht so, I would just be sanding clear off.

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
#254 Old 08-18-2013, 06:42 PM
Premium Member

Garage
They look a lot darker before being polished btw. I'd say polish them on the car in the sun and you'll get to really see if its good or not. How many coats of VHT?

#255 Old 08-18-2013, 07:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
I just aired out some concerns Mosc style. But, seriously don't make them so dark that they're black like asshats around here. It's a sue job in the making. No harm meant.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
BLAZE2099 likes this.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae