Wave to fellow WRXs? - Page 9 - Subaru WRX Forum
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#121 Old 06-02-2007, 12:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

squidz is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain_Racer View Post
Air-cooled VWs (Bug, Ghia, Thing, Bus, Type3) wave like 99% of the time to each other
Jeep Wrangler Drivers often wave to each other
Corvette Drivers (usually excluding the most current models) often wave to each other
There are probably others

Anyway I always wave if I see a subaru (excluding soccer moms). I usually get a wave back but WRXs are still pretty uncommon in Texas.

It is funny when I go back and forth driving my Karmann Ghia and my WRX I accidentally wave at WRX drivers in the Ghia and at Bug drivers in the WRX... I get a lot of WRXs racing me in the ghia that way and a lot of confused Bug drivers
Dude, that's histerical. I do the exact same thing when i'm driving my '72 Super Beetle. I wave to people in WRX's all the time and they look at me cause i'm crazy (although it may only be because my bug is sky blue with read and orange sun flames on it).

I wave at all the wrx guys i see...it's a habit. Nissan Z guys are fanatical wavers...almost as bad as VW people. So i got used to saying 'hi' to people in other z's...when i got my bug, it was more of the same. I do notice that most wrx owners (especially those pesky STi guys *grin*) don't wave back...maybe 50/50.

Anyway...you still up in Denton man? Ever get out to any of the autocrosses or drags? Your car doesn't look familiar.

--Squidz

Sonic Yellow Bugeye
a.k.a. - "Amber"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 Old 06-02-2007, 02:17 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
I know this is off topic, but Squidz post up some pics of that bug man. I just got rid of my 73 Super Beetle, boy do I miss her sometimes.
#123 Old 06-02-2007, 09:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

hi-power WRX is an unknown
i think we should not stop waveing to any wrx or sti its a subaru nation we are a close family
#124 Old 06-03-2007, 09:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

shoefean is an unknown
I just give a head nod!
#125 Old 06-03-2007, 10:17 PM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Dude, that's histerical. I do the exact same thing when i'm driving my '72 Super Beetle. I wave to people in WRX's all the time and they look at me cause i'm crazy (although it may only be because my bug is sky blue with read and orange sun flames on it(
I do the same thing too! and I have a 72 super also , but mine is just blue I cant find any pic of it but here it is right after i painted it, and put a new motor and trans in it. Wanna talk about Vdubs?

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
#126 Old 06-03-2007, 10:27 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagyhead View Post
I do the same thing too! and I have a 72 super also , but mine is just blue I cant find any pic of it but here it is right after i painted it, and put a new motor and trans in it. Wanna talk about Vdubs?
Nice looking car nagy, wish I had some pics of mine. It was a 73 super, canary yellow, with yellow rims, black interior. I will have to see if my mom has some still.
#127 Old 06-04-2007, 09:38 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
I know this is off topic, but Squidz post up some pics of that bug man. I just got rid of my 73 Super Beetle, boy do I miss her sometimes.
Well, it's not the best picture...i'll see if i can find some others...This was taken at one of our SquidFest car shows:

Name:  BUG.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  155.0 KB

It's not much at the moment, i only paid $800 for it. The car used to be orange, and the paint job is decent, but not great. It's got the stock super 1600 in it. Before i got my rex, my Z-car was torn down, and i needed something to drive, after i got my rex, i decided to keep it, i really like her. There is also not a single stich of rust anywhere on the car, not the floorboards, not the rockers, not under the fuel tank....nowhere, so the car is worth something. So far i have put a new clutch, Hurst shifter, all new front end bushings and tie rod ends, master cylinder, wheel cylinders, brakes, and drums. About two months ago, she started pouring oil from the top of the motor, alas, the engine case is cracked. So while i have it apart, i'm gonna throw some cylinders and cams in it. Heh, i have an old t25 turbo lying around...my buddy's a big bug guy..really wants to turbocharge it.

We'll see.

--Squidz

Sonic Yellow Bugeye
a.k.a. - "Amber"
#128 Old 06-04-2007, 10:13 AM

Nice looking car squidz. Sounds nice and sounds like you got some nice plans for it. I would like to hear about it as you are tearing it down and putting it back together. You and nagy make me miss mine so much
#129 Old 06-04-2007, 11:02 AM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
I know alot of people that have a wrx and a air cooled VW. Flat four FTW
When ever my WRX feels slow I drive my beetle for a couple of days, after that my WRX fells like a rocket!

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

#130 Old 06-04-2007, 11:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Nice looking car squidz. Sounds nice and sounds like you got some nice plans for it. I would like to hear about it as you are tearing it down and putting it back together. You and nagy make me miss mine so much
Laff, it's going to be amusing....i have never taken apart a VW air cooled engine. My buddy tells me they are exactly like the Flat-6 Porsches i used to work on...so let's hope so. I just found an 1995cc crate motor for $1500....that would be good for turbocharging...*grin*.

Sorry, we are kinda stealing the thread...we need a Subie/VW thread...laf.

--Squidz

Sonic Yellow Bugeye
a.k.a. - "Amber"
#131 Old 06-04-2007, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Laff, it's going to be amusing....i have never taken apart a VW air cooled engine. My buddy tells me they are exactly like the Flat-6 Porsches i used to work on...so let's hope so. I just found an 1995cc crate motor for $1500....that would be good for turbocharging...*grin*.

Sorry, we are kinda stealing the thread...we need a Subie/VW thread...laf.
LOL, maybe a moderator will take the VW ones out of here and be nice enough to start one for us . That aint a bad deal for that engine either, would be a nice improvement over stock, and then to turbo it

Oh and Nagy, I could imagine how the VW feels after driving the WRX around, but that is a good idea.
#132 Old 06-04-2007, 07:22 PM
WRXpert

what about this one!! Wanna talk about Vdubs?

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

#133 Old 07-10-2007, 05:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

05WagonGuy is an unknown
I try to wave at every WRX i see, or give a thumbs up or hand out the window. Sometimes they wave back and sometimes they just look at me like what the hell are you waving at weirdo. I get more waves now in my wrx than i did in my 2.5RS because i think alot of newer suby owners dont know there cars heritage and dont recognize the GC8's as the bodystyle that dominated WRC for years. Sometimes i give a thumbs up to the legacys too, mostly the newer GT's.

If i see and get a wave back from a fellow wrx driver/owner, i usually go home and check the MAIC spotted forum on Nasioc to see if they were a member, but usually they are not.
#134 Old 07-11-2007, 01:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

rockyrose is an unknown
played with another wrb bugeye with blacked out tail lights about 7am this morning on 495s near lowell,
we were both exiting to the right at lowell connector/rte 3 when a mustang we had been ahead of for miles pulled up on my left, paused and roared, then pulled up next to the other wrx, paused and roared, then took off, lol.
also got a thumbs up from a guy in a toyota highlander at about 1:45 on thorndike st in lowell today. his other car must be a subie
#135 Old 07-11-2007, 02:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

THR3E11EVEN is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to THR3E11EVEN
I wave at all the WRX/STi's I see besides the old people. I play with a WRB STi all the time...he always gives me the finger-raise. recently I beat a mean-sounding black SRT-4. loudest bov i've heard. I had the subs beating and still heard it...there was a white wrx behind us at the time and he caught up to me about 5 minutes later, smiled and gave me the thumbs up. I love the tight scooby drivers.

Dub-R-X