Wave to fellow WRXs? - Page 4 - Subaru WRX Forum
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#46 Old 08-22-2005, 11:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXforME is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to WRXforME
Ian, did it say SWIFT on the sides of the car in bigass letters? ### if it did, dont mess with him. Hes an undercover cop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#47 Old 08-23-2005, 04:21 PM
Ian

Ian is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Ian
He was stopped in traffic so I went by him kinda quick, I don't think he had any stickers on the car, I want to say a carbon fiber hood, lowered, rims, exhaust, a younger looking kid early 20's maybe

My turbo's fixed and a lot better =)
#48 Old 10-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
First time a girl in a WRX initiated a wave to me today. WRB, stock from what I could tell. I was so shocked that I didn't even remember if it was an 04/05 or bugeye.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
#49 Old 10-05-2005, 09:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

SFSTi is an unknown
I think it's interesting that every car forum, at least in my limited experience, has a thread/topic about the "wave". And more specifically, how no one's doing it anymore. When I had my Z, everyone complained that Z owners weren't waving anymore and I found from personal experience that old Zs, 300ZX's, 240Z, etc, almost always waved but fellow 350Z owners almost never did. Since I've had my STi, I've just carried over the wave tradition to my new ride, but so far not too much luck in getting responses from fellow wrx or STi owners. However, I will say that wrx owners seem to be more friendly than Z owners. I was pulling into a Wendy's with the wife for lunch last week and a black 05 STi saw me turning and followed me into the parking lot and we said hello and chit chatted about our cars for a couple minutes. It was really cool and made my day. I had to kid my wife, (who drives a Z), that stuff like that never happens to her.

Oh, the best looks from other drivers has to be when i accidentally wave at a 350Z out of habit, they always have that look on their face.
#50 Old 10-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Vew

Ya, that is cool. A dude and his buddy walked up to the other day while my friends and I were outside of Dairy Queen and we ended up talking about cars for a good half hour. He apparently had a modded WRX that he left home while he's in school.

Jon
RIP Colin McRae
#51 Old 10-06-2005, 06:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

absolutexk is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to absolutexk
i used to get waves from WRX owners all the time in NY, but then i went back to PA for school and about half the ppl wave.. Ive only had a couple STi's acknowledge me... most of the time they look and then turn their head away like it was a ford taurus... i dont initiate the wave because i dont want to look like a fool, but i am more than glad when other WRX owners show acknowledgement
#52 Old 10-07-2005, 06:48 PM
Ian

Ian is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Ian
I'm starting to get mad at the people that don't wave I'm going to start flipping people off to see if that gets there atention

My turbo's fixed and a lot better =)
#53 Old 10-08-2005, 09:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

SFSTi is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian
I'm starting to get mad at the people that don't wave I'm going to start flipping people off to see if that gets there atention

I think it's safe to say that there's a much better chance that your new strategy will elicit a response.
#54 Old 10-09-2005, 08:02 PM
Vew

The reason I wave because I'm acknowledging that we have a common interest and probably bought the vehicle for the many same reasons. It's a very unique car. Stock or modified, STi or non, I'll wave. What do you have against me to not wave back? It's not like I'm reving at you at every light, or tailgating you. I do get irritated though if it's the same WRX that constantly refuses to wave.

Jon
RIP Colin McRae
#55 Old 10-10-2005, 12:49 AM
WRXtuners Member

WRXScoobYWRX is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to WRXScoobYWRX Send a message via MSN to WRXScoobYWRX Send a message via Yahoo to WRXScoobYWRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo
I used to wave, back when WRX's were uncommon. My hand would hurt if I waved at every WRX I saw now...
Oh my god no kidding! almost a third of the cars at the races here are some sort of WRX, Like yesterday a new kid came in a brand new off the lot '06 WRX. Its almost sad to see that many out. Forget the waving
And trust me I am almost sure most of the people who arent either young or young at heart even have a clue there is a turbo in these wonderful cars. It almost sickens me to see some 50yr old lady hunched over driving in a older 2.5 RS
#56 Old 10-10-2005, 09:41 AM
WRXtuners Member

WRXforME is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to WRXforME
Ive only had one guy in a WRB STi not wave to me. I kept looking driving by and waving and he just stayed looking forward and not paying attention. He couldnt have missed me, two WRB WRX's side by side. Every other person has waved. Even older people in 2.5 RS's have waved. I chased a black 06 STi down. We were both going to the same place and I stopped behind him and we talked for abit. I like the 06 more the more I see it.
#57 Old 10-10-2005, 09:55 AM
WRXtuners Member

panasyncp17 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to panasyncp17
I never see anyone to wave to.
#58 Old 10-11-2005, 09:49 AM
WRXtuners Member

CanadianSub is an unknown
Send a message via MSN to CanadianSub
well over here we all wave in canada i don't know why but WRX a rare species in the street since i got mine i only saw few . son we wave and sometime stop and talk about it
#59 Old 10-11-2005, 12:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

insanity500 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to insanity500
There are plenty here in MD. I have had a few wave, but most do not.
I always wave when I see one though

-Chris
#60 Old 10-11-2005, 01:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

slug1 is an unknown
in cincinnati & dayton Ohio I get a fair amount of waves, 5 regular waves 2 being STi's, but there are a lot of WRX owners that just don't get it.