Wave to fellow WRXs? - Page 21 - Subaru WRX Forum
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#301 Old 07-24-2011, 07:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Displacement and the tq that 2.5L engines make is why the american market got the 2.5 liter engines. Too many complainants about a lack of balls for some potential buyers. Which makes me wonder how they will solve that problem when/if they make the 1.6L WRC variant in 2014. Unless they make a stupendous twin scroll turbo for them. I know the X-game fiestas make 30 psi on that small 1.6 Liter engines which equals out to be 600 something crank hp.
...and this is why this country doesn't get some of the sweet cars the rest of the world does. Everyone has the go fast in a straight line attitude and believes you need a bigger engine to do it...bah. I'm moving to Europe...

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#302 Old 07-25-2011, 10:44 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
...and this is why this country doesn't get some of the sweet cars the rest of the world does. Everyone has the go fast in a straight line attitude and believes you need a bigger engine to do it...bah. I'm moving to Europe...
I'd be willing to use a 1.6L if it came stoked out like the WRC car. If it came off the dealership lot like a fiesta or DS3. Meaning no turbo or awd...Then I would have to give it a big

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#303 Old 04-03-2012, 07:02 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Hey sorry to bring back the dead, but its the time of year that the weather is nice. The cars are clean(er) and we can drive with windows down. Is everybody still waving or getting waves? I hate Kansas, every last "Joe" I wave to just snubs me like they are better or have a chip on their shoulder. Im hoping when I move to New York it gets better.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#304 Old 04-03-2012, 07:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

DarkXshiki is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Hey sorry to bring back the dead, but its the time of year that the weather is nice. The cars are clean(er) and we can drive with windows down. Is everybody still waving or getting waves? I hate Kansas, every last "Joe" I wave to just snubs me like they are better or have a chip on their shoulder. Im hoping when I move to New York it gets better.
=| i don't cause . im not paying attention other then up ahead and i have music on with windows up.

and some times i feel like they don't know about the wave . i only gotten a wave once.
#305 Old 04-03-2012, 08:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
There's a local girl (I think) who drives a silver WRX and she has given me the most enthusiastic, animated, girly-wave on several occasions now. I always return a cool peace sign and a head nod. I hope we meet in person some day. <3

John
07 WRX
#306 Old 04-03-2012, 08:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
LOL, john. I still get waves around here. I saw a yellow bugeye yesterday and all three people in the car waved at me very enthusiastically. I was like wow...that was the most waving I've gotten from a car. I waved at a few today and got a wave back from a guy with a white WRX 3rd gen.

Kirt
#307 Old 04-04-2012, 08:05 AM
WRXtuners Member

agileblue is an unknown
I haven't gotten any waves yet from other subies. Nor have I seen any other girls driving a wrx or sti around since I bought my car. Before that I had seen two girls, one with an sti and the other with a bugeye wrx.

Last night, i had an srt-4 on my ass whilst in the loaner forester that says Subaru across the back. I gave him the smile and two finger gogogo. He went went went, then slowed down to make sure I could hear his blowoff and smile back. Lol, I like it when people like showing off their cars.

If I have my windows down, and see any nice fast car around with a younger driver, I give the smile/nod of acknowledgement. Older drivers tend to think I'm crazy when I'm staring at their nice car.

Kelly
#308 Old 04-04-2012, 09:08 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by agileblue View Post
Older drivers tend to think I'm crazy when I'm staring at their nice car.
This is just wrong on so many levels.... Not everyone can be young looking. But everyone CAN be young feeling.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#309 Old 04-04-2012, 12:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

agileblue is an unknown
Well then they shouldn't look at me like I'm nuts! D:

I've had several give me an awkward eye - there are tons and tons of nice cars on my way to work - or at least the place I used to work, in Westlake Austin these mfs are rolling in dough. I used to see Porsches, Ferraris, and Bentleys on the daily. It's ridiculous. And guess what, almost all of them are older drivers.

I also saw lots and lots of STIs, MS3s, and GTIs on my way to and from work. And whats up with everyone and their brother having brand new camaros?! Those are ALL over the damn place. No subies ever gave me the friendly way - except for the day I left the dealership with my car, saw a WRX at an intersection and they gave me the friendly little steering wheel wave.

But ya. I see snotty rich people all the time. No waves.

Kelly
#310 Old 04-04-2012, 02:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

Klone is an unknown
i usually wave or nod..... lika boss! hahaha
#311 Old 04-04-2012, 04:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

spc2125 is an unknown
i dont have a wrx YET but i like seeing the drivers face when i stare at their car and they see my mouth drooling
#312 Old 04-04-2012, 07:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

There is a women that lives in the Hanover, Pa area that owns a Silver STI that is a hawkeye model. She waves if she spots me rolling around. Not a lot of women driving the WRX/STIs in my area either.

Kirt
#313 Old 04-05-2012, 02:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

DarkXshiki is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by spc2125 View Post
i dont have a wrx YET but i like seeing the drivers face when i stare at their car and they see my mouth drooling
i bet they slowly reach for thier phones when they see you .
#314 Old 04-05-2012, 09:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

spc2125 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkXshiki View Post
i bet they slowly reach for thier phones when they see you .
its illegal to use phones while driving.... so they do the next best thing
zoom past me, which is actually what i want them to do so i can hear that orgasmic exhaust
#315 Old 04-05-2012, 03:27 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
I get waves a lot. I still get waves from evo drivers that just confuse me. Also, I drive by the same guy nearly every day who generally waves to me. It's... too common a path crossing with that guy to be always waving but from time to time It's nice.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD