Wave to fellow WRXs? - Page 20 - Subaru WRX Forum
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #286 of 350 Old 07-19-2011, 07:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx1456 View Post
I've been noticing getting nods from people who know what Im driving. And you can tell the ones that think you just stuck a loud muffler on it and have no idea about these cars, and they shake thier head...Not nearly as may people walk up and try to talk to you in a suby as in a VW. Thats fine with me since I'm not real big on people.
You and I fit into the same category when it comes to people. I hate big crowds, ALOT!!!

I went to a local car show once, and had 7 or 8 people ask me why I put the radiator on top of the motor Hardly anyone knew what kind of car it was until I told them, then they kept ask me if it was turboed or not.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #287 of 350 Old 07-19-2011, 11:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrx1456 is more helpful than not
Garage
^^ radiator on top, thats funny. The next time I see a TMIC I'll ask that and see the response I get. My VW has swing axle ( straight from the trans to the wheel), so when its lowered like mine, the wheels "lean". I had people pull next to me while driving and say my tires were falling off.
Attached Images

post #288 of 350 Old 07-20-2011, 03:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx1456 View Post
^^ radiator on top, thats funny. The next time I see a TMIC I'll ask that and see the response I get. My VW has swing axle ( straight from the trans to the wheel), so when its lowered like mine, the wheels "lean". I had people pull next to me while driving and say my tires were falling off.
Hey I'm not a suspension guy by any means, but your wheels look like they are falling off.....oh wait...
Well I should have said rad-e-ate-or as the hicks around here call it. That's what sucks, you have monster trucks, diesels, and Honda packs. Other than that maybe 1 or 2 other Suby guys around here. Oh lord forbid should you bring one of them there foreeren cars to a show here. If it isn't one of the big three then it ain't a real car...hehe *spits chewing tobacco on ground*

Funny part is that it always seems to be the jerk wads in the Dodge trucks that have something to prove. !Notfunny!

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #289 of 350 Old 07-22-2011, 12:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

08alaska is an unknown
i always give a head nod or the thumbs up off the steering wheel.. first day i got mine someone waved to me and i felt like i was part of a special club
post #290 of 350 Old 07-22-2011, 04:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08alaska View Post
i always give a head nod or the thumbs up off the steering wheel.. first day i got mine someone waved to me and i felt like i was part of a special club
You are. Pffft didn't you get the memo when you bought your car???

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #291 of 350 Old 07-22-2011, 07:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
speaking of a special club, anyone from louisiana here???
post #292 of 350 Old 07-22-2011, 11:13 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
A friend of mine just got an 04 STI (traded up from a blown engine'd EVO IIIV) and he got a wave from an FXT the other day. He was pretty stoked about it.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #293 of 350 Old 07-23-2011, 05:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
I hate my roman numerals. But, isn't IIIV = to 2 or 5-3=2? VIII would be 8. Haha, I'm figuring there was a error here. Just thought I should point it out.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
post #294 of 350 Old 07-23-2011, 05:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Ive been getting waves before and after i waste people in the little STI. I think alot of them are just so shocked they dont know what to do.
post #295 of 350 Old 07-23-2011, 06:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
I hate my roman numerals. But, isn't IIIV = to 2 or 5-3=2? VIII would be 8. Haha, I'm figuring there was a error here. Just thought I should point it out.
IIIV is not correct math in Roman numerals. So you are correct...

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #296 of 350 Old 07-23-2011, 07:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Its not correct math...but it would equal out to 2 if it was equated out the way it is shown.

Kirt
post #297 of 350 Old 07-24-2011, 12:49 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Alrite, you caught me, drunk moment. It is/was an EVO 8 (american numbers). Anyways, he is much happier with his STI than his EVO.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #298 of 350 Old 07-24-2011, 11:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Its not correct math...but it would equal out to 2 if it was equated out the way it is shown.
Correct, but here we use proper grammar so I guess the math thing doesn't count...get it count...lol Oh I kill me sometimes...

What were his biggest complaints about the EVO? Out of the 2 I test drove I enjoyed them both. A RS and MR<--other than the 6 speed trans in the MR they were both pretty much good overall cars.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #299 of 350 Old 07-24-2011, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
Correct, but here we use proper grammar so I guess the math thing doesn't count...get it count...lol Oh I kill me sometimes...

What were his biggest complaints about the EVO? Out of the 2 I test drove I enjoyed them both. A RS and MR<--other than the 6 speed trans in the MR they were both pretty much good overall cars.
Well it was a beautiful car; full Voltex kit. Had a CF hood, trunk and fenders. Nice seats, FP Red (I believe), had all the supporting mods, E85, 91, 93OCT maps. But they guy went CHEAP on plugs, catastrophic failure on one, which of course led to engine failure and he didnt have the money to rebuild it. Cut his loss, sold it and got an 04 STI that only had a CBE on it (with low miles). We looked the car over with another subaru guy (no good shops here) and found it to be in great sound condition. The previous owner (only one owner) was some 50+yr old guy he said he just didnt want it anymore.

Sorry for the long narrative and OT of this, but the guy had 2 DSMs and an EVO before his STI, and he said he couldnt be more happier now that he is in a Subaru.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #300 of 350 Old 07-24-2011, 07:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

Displacement and the tq that 2.5L engines make is why the american market got the 2.5 liter engines. Too many complainants about a lack of balls for some potential buyers. Which makes me wonder how they will solve that problem when/if they make the 1.6L WRC variant in 2014. Unless they make a stupendous twin scroll turbo for them. I know the X-game fiestas make 30 psi on that small 1.6 Liter engines which equals out to be 600 something crank hp.

Kirt