Wave to fellow WRXs? - Page 18 - Subaru WRX Forum
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#256 Old 07-02-2010, 02:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

jgraddon is an unknown
the day i got my wrx a guy waved and i didnt expect it; since then all who i see are elders, soccer moms in my area (who would never wave), its a little sad haha. anyway im guessing none of them expect a/to wave or nod.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#257 Old 09-30-2010, 10:14 AM
WRXtuners Member

Trevvrx is an unknown
hey everyone first time posting but I've been a lurker for a while. I'd like to think I started the wave around where I live. it's a smaller city and back three years ago when I got my wrx I never really saw many subies then one day while driving down I-5 I got a wave I was confused at first but I waved back and ever since that day I wave every time I see an impreza now around here there are quite a few subies I'd say I can drive for ten minutes and see at least one. On a side note an old lady and I mean about 60 lives down the road from me and drives a stage 2 STi and she gets so excited when she gets a wave haha. Another STi oddity I saw two legitimate nouns mobbing the other day.
#258 Old 09-30-2010, 02:51 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Sadly, people are waving less and less, especially with the newer models i've noticed.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
#259 Old 09-30-2010, 04:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
Don't worry Jon....I'm still waving like a son of a bitch. I don't care if it is to an old lady... I rep it.

so stock its not even funny...just kinda sad :(
-Randy
#260 Old 09-30-2010, 08:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

blue REX 9 is an unknown
Send a message via Yahoo to blue REX 9
i give a peace sign and even tho they might not do it back its still kinda cool to see somone feel special about having a WRX or STi because they are awesome cars (even though some people here in this forum tear at people for having just a WRX they are still awesome ) . and everybody has seen the coke commercials. you do something nice for someone( like wave or something ) and in turn might do something nice for someone else. even if they dont wave or something you usually get a kinda head nod or something . but dont be all butt hurt if someone doesnt wave back after all they are driving . either way its cool to do it so YOU CAN DO IIIITTTT
#261 Old 09-30-2010, 11:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

Trevvrx is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue REX 9 View Post
i give a peace sign and even tho they might not do it back its still kinda cool to see somone feel special about having a WRX or STi because they are awesome cars (even though some people here in this forum tear at people for having just a WRX they are still awesome ) . and everybody has seen the coke commercials. you do something nice for someone( like wave or something ) and in turn might do something nice for someone else. even if they dont wave or something you usually get a kinda head nod or something . but dont be all butt hurt if someone doesnt wave back after all they are driving . either way its cool to do it so YOU CAN DO IIIITTTT
now thats a good attitude to have! but from what I've seen it doesn't seem like STi owners tear into us wrx owners more of a joking around kinda thing. But lets face it had you the money you'd be driving a STi. I must say I love the look of my bug eye though. Haha that's why I wanna own both.
#262 Old 10-01-2010, 09:05 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
I don't know of a single active STi user on this forum who didn't own a WRX before the STi. Seriously.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#263 Old 10-02-2010, 01:57 PM
c4t
WRXtuners Member

c4t is an unknown
when i see another subi i dont just wave....

I honk, rev, scream, flash my nipples (im a dude), moon.. so yea theyll notice me... by the time they see another one i hope they do the same thing

lol nah but
it feels good when u get waved because of your car and you can kindly wave back....

we do it because theres not many ppl who have one... and when one pulls next to you at a light you always gonna ask what you have under the hood....
#264 Old 10-02-2010, 01:59 PM
c4t
WRXtuners Member

c4t is an unknown
ohh and you never know if you wave and the guy would wanna give you his VF39!!! just because you waved
#265 Old 10-02-2010, 02:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

mista jc is an unknown
I usually make eye contact first, then give a real quick point to the lower of his car and them thumbs up. So they know I'm proppin the Subaru, I've given a few waves when I first got the car and got a few "who the f are you" look haha.

But yeah, I always wave at a Subie with younger driver as long as we see each other.

One time I was on the 101 in LA by Universal Studios and I saw a hawkeye WRB STI on the opposite side of the fwy. We were both in the fast lanes and we both deuced each other as we passed. Awesome.
#266 Old 04-14-2011, 10:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

DarkXshiki is an unknown
:eek: did not know there was such a thing. i started out with a 03 tacoma then drove the family 08 odysseys since i was stupid and wreak the tacoma. my rex is actually the replacement for the tacoma.

will start now. =D
#267 Old 04-15-2011, 12:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

WRX Boss is an unknown
I typically wave and get waves back. Especially from fellow '02-era models.

Check it:

#268 Old 04-15-2011, 05:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

bad grocerygetter is a helpful contributing member
I live in a small town outside of tulsa and there are at least five wrxs live around here and all but one have waved back at me. The one that hasn't just always seems like he is living on mars or something...I've flashed my fogs at him even lol. But most wave back. There are a couple 9-2x s in tulsa that wave at me when i see them.

Kevin.
Cobb ap stage 2 ots, catless uppipe, catless turboback, Cobb Sf intake.

Last edited by bad grocerygetter; 04-15-2011 at 09:08 AM.
#269 Old 05-13-2011, 08:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

Zwalk is an unknown
Everyone around here throw the peace sign. I see a wrx almost daily

2009 Black WRX Hatch
Perrin Strut/Sway, Bilstein Shocks/Springs, 3.5in COBB Cat, TP Stage 1 Tune
#270 Old 05-13-2011, 09:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

UU-AR-ECKS is an unknown
In UPNY the young guys wave. The older folks and women don't seem to get it. A month ago I had a 16 foot canoe strapped to my roof on I-90 just outside of Syracuse and a guy in a WRB '07 from Ohio pulled up beside me and threw out a big hi-ho wave (plus head-nod and eyebrow raise). I wave too, or at least give a couple beeps: we all bought this car knowing the what/why/wherefore and it's cool to send out those props when you get the chance.

-Chris
Black 2011 WRX Base. Stock.