Wave to fellow WRXs? - Page 17 - Subaru WRX Forum
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #241 of 350 Old 12-04-2009, 01:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

mfarnham is an unknown
If I saw a woman driving a WRX, I would probably forget to wave too. No offense meant. It's just a rare sight where I am to see a woman in a WRX/STi.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 350 Old 12-04-2009, 02:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

PdxRex is an unknown
I will a throw up a duece at most, some people will throw one back and some dont. The thing that gets me is when an EVO etc finds the need to rev and BOV when the drive by me, I mean I drive a stock 09 WRX (stock and I say for now until this weekend when I will be going Stage II, then pro tune in about three weeks). I dont get it. II think most people love their Sub's and I love the fact that it is sorta a community with in all of us. Let me say thank you too everyone who enjoys their Subaru like I do, and to the deuces that find it necessary to pull BS stunts i say boo to you
post #243 of 350 Old 12-05-2009, 11:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I kinda find it hard to wave out here in Utah.. There are a million wrx's around here and if I waved to one every time I saw one (probably every ten minutes) my hand would start hurting. Plus there seems to be the "mine is better" attitude just from lookin at the guys. If I still lived in Michigan, however, where I see maybe one a day (gotta love the home of domestic cars), I'd be waving every time.

-Chris
post #244 of 350 Old 12-07-2009, 07:36 AM
WRXtuners Member

airplnmdls is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to airplnmdls
I wave when I can but WRX's over here are kinda rare...Most of the time I'm about to wave at any Subie I see but when I look it turns out to be like a 40yr old+ person who doesn't seem to know or care anything about other subies... But when I do see that rare WRX I'll wave when I can
post #245 of 350 Old 12-17-2009, 06:01 AM
WRXtuners Member

BEastridge is an unknown
I live in a very small town, and I don't personally know all the WRX owners, but I can count them on one hand. We all know who we are, we all wave at each other. In fact we have kind of (without talking to each other) picked one particular gas station to fill up at. There are 2 06-07 wrx's (mine included), one 08 STI, and one 09 STI. Wow... we really need to get together... They all seem like really nice people. All of us college students that are spending most of our money on our cars haha.
post #246 of 350 Old 12-17-2009, 12:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

OBEE_Racing is an unknown
I live in a decent town. To my knowledge noone else has a wrx. Quite a few subies tho. There used to be 2 other Sti's couple years ago however. But as I was leaving town, about 10 minutes out on a small state highways and pass a 04-05 wrx wagon. He gave the wave and I have it back and I was stoked! That barely happens to me being in this area, only when I go out of town to the bigger cities and thats still not a usual thing. Im hoping to see/meet more wrx's in my area, itd be cool.

Chris - 2008 WRX sedan w/ vf52 setup now!
post #247 of 350 Old 01-04-2010, 02:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

ShiggaWRX is an unknown
I usually wave, but sometimes i can be a little full of myself and i blow it off...esp if its a cute chica! RFL baby!!
post #248 of 350 Old 04-06-2010, 02:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

1badsnowpro is an unknown
i just bought a 03 wrx, and found it kinda cool that it is more like a group thing when you own one, i wave now, lol
post #249 of 350 Old 04-06-2010, 08:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
While I am in Korea, my dad drives my car for me on the weekends. I have instructed him that he MUST wave to fellow WRX'ers.

If you see him on the 118 freeway in S. CA, please show him a kind wave! Thanks!

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
post #250 of 350 Old 06-29-2010, 02:00 AM
WRXtuners Member

red08WRX is an unknown
Most times I give a modified peace sign along with a head-nod to all WRX drivers. I get about a 90% return. Sometimes I notice the other driver will flash his fogs and get my attention.
Its good stuff!!

Sport Grill\SPT CBE\K&N Drop In\10k HID kit\Cobb AP\Perrin Stg 1 Tuned Map
post #251 of 350 Old 06-29-2010, 01:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

bad grocerygetter is a helpful contributing member
yeah there are quite a few wrxs around here, i always wave and almost always get one back. the other day i was headed home from work and got a honk from the opposite side of the freeway from an STI...felt almost guilty cause i didnt realise he was trying to get my attn til i was way past him lol. if hes on here sorry bro :P
post #252 of 350 Old 07-01-2010, 02:47 AM
WRXtuners Member

KCsubikid is an unknown
So I was pulling out of my neighborhood earlier and gave her some gas and a older dude in a new ford focus riding with the windows down definetely gave me a wave ha, I wasn't sure how to take it but I guess a subaru wave is a subaru wave, ha I'll take a little appreciation!

-Jason-
Protuned 4EAT- Helix DP, Grimmspeed CC UP, Grimmspeed EBCS, SPT CBE
post #253 of 350 Old 07-01-2010, 10:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

VisiX is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCsubikid View Post
So I was pulling out of my neighborhood earlier and gave her some gas and a older dude in a new ford focus riding with the windows down definetely gave me a wave ha, I wasn't sure how to take it but I guess a subaru wave is a subaru wave, ha I'll take a little appreciation!
I wave by reflex, when I do it in my wife's infiniti I get confused looks

Ryan
2009 STi - Cobb Stage 2
post #254 of 350 Old 07-01-2010, 10:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Surprisingly got my first wave back yesterday. There are tons of WRX's out here so not everybody waves in areas where there are only a couple.

-Chris
post #255 of 350 Old 07-01-2010, 10:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

blue REX 9 is an unknown
Send a message via Yahoo to blue REX 9
yea its not to common here in the bay but i usually do the head nod and i usually get the nod back some people give the peace sign which is cool too i always give a peace back or a nod but i think its cool keep it up. i would say about 7/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement