Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   The Hangout (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Wave to fellow WRXs? (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f56/wave-fellow-wrxs-8304/)

My05WRX 07-15-2005 01:16 PM

Wave to fellow WRXs?

When you are driving and see another WRX do you wave/hand out the window, give the head nod, or do nothing at all?
I give the wave especially if it is another WRB WRX. Lately I havent gotten any wave backs. About 0-10 lately.
I know this is a retarded topic but just wondering if you all wave or not.

mosc 07-15-2005 01:45 PM

I never get anybody to wave back. I think most ppl who buy a wrx don't even know it has a turbo cause they never take it past 3k rpm

My05WRX 07-15-2005 01:54 PM

Haha. I saw an elderly woman driving a silver WRX, she was wearing those big welders glasses too. I got a huge laugh. I dont think she took it past 3K rpms.

Nose Nuggets 07-15-2005 02:05 PM

ill wave back, but i rarly initiate the wave. if i do, i usualy get a wierd look.
they defanitly look intarested, as though it could be someone they know, and then they get close and reliaze its some radom dude and they allmost look shocked.
"why the hell is he waving at me..."

Ludachris 07-15-2005 02:08 PM

I think the "wave" only works for Vette owners... at least that's what I've noticed. It must be mentioned in their owners manual somewhere :)

Cosmo 07-15-2005 02:13 PM

I used to wave, back when WRX's were uncommon. My hand would hurt if I waved at every WRX I saw now...

wrx27 07-15-2005 03:11 PM

I wave @ every wrx i see and 9/10 times i get a wave back. Sometimes they even wave first :cool: Might just be my area

Rain_Racer 07-15-2005 03:44 PM

Air-cooled VWs (Bug, Ghia, Thing, Bus, Type3) wave like 99% of the time to each other
Jeep Wrangler Drivers often wave to each other
Corvette Drivers (usually excluding the most current models) often wave to each other
There are probably others

Anyway I always wave if I see a subaru (excluding soccer moms). I usually get a wave back but WRXs are still pretty uncommon in Texas.

It is funny when I go back and forth driving my Karmann Ghia and my WRX I accidentally wave at WRX drivers in the Ghia and at Bug drivers in the WRX... I get a lot of WRXs racing me in the ghia that way and a lot of confused Bug drivers :D

opXus 07-15-2005 03:55 PM

I had posted this question a year or so ago..... anyway I always wave to other WRX's and I must admit the only people that wave back are usually the young folks who have their cars modified. Everyone else that has a WRX around here anyway is usually middle aged or older and probably dont even know what kind of car they are driving.

Vew 07-15-2005 04:31 PM

I always wave. 75% of them wave back. Mostly the modded WRX's though. I get a honk sometimes !Thumbs Up I've found it's more rare to see STi's wave back, or the women WRX drivers. Middle aged people still wave. :)

Ian 07-15-2005 06:19 PM

The wave means your part of a colt now! If I wave first, most of the time it's the people that don't know to wave. I have this one guy I see all the time on my way to work with a 2.5rs (before the wrx) and we wave all the time. It seems that I get more girls to wave other wise it's 50/50

opXus 07-15-2005 06:24 PM

[QUOTE=Ian]It seems that I get more girls to wave[/QUOTE]

Thats because youre a playa son. HAHA alright im not really ghetto.

Vew 07-16-2005 01:06 AM

It's because they all know what he's packing under [I]his [/I] hood. ;)

imbeterthanu 07-16-2005 09:45 AM

i wave and about 90% of the time get a wave back. even the STi guys ive gotten wave's from. and ive only seen one chick down here drving a wrx and she waved.

Unicron 07-16-2005 11:05 AM

I had a rather pretty girl in an STi blow me a kiss the other day.