useless Subaru dealerships... 2nd one - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 09-05-2004, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Rain_Racer is an unknown
useless Subaru dealerships... 2nd one

ok so I got my WRX at a dealership called "Arlington Automall" in Arlington TX and they are a certified SPT shop so I figured they would at least be better than the chevy dealership that also sells subaru in Lewisville...

well when it was time for my 3000 mile oil, I ended up going to the chevy/subaru place and I am suprised they knew it was a subaru they were so clueless....

so this weekend for my 6k checkup I went to the Arlington one because they were gonna do more than just oil (not much, but still)

well so I was asking the guy stuff about my warrenty and aftermarket parts, and he was more clueless than the 6Cylinder mustangs that rev me at stoplights...

he gave me a "For Example your car was not designed to have a turbo so if you want it to be like an STI and add a turbo, you are going to void your warrenty."

"I know the STIs are expensive but if you wanted performance, you should have bought an STI."

I didn't even bother correcting him because he was such an idiot... I am just doomed to never have any subaru questions answered because as far as I can tell the "Subaru Certified" patch is not worth anything at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-09-2004, 04:15 AM
WRXtuners Member

trenton is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to trenton
Yeah, I bought my car their. Let me guess...the guy had a terrible Boston accent, glasses, and act like he knows everything about everything? They actually have a guy working in their garage from Wasabi Racing, which is in Richardson I think, and is a really great place to take your Subaru. And they'll pass your inspection with no cats. I hate dealing with them with anything really though. Part of dealership's job is to make you feel like an idiot when you go to them for anything but an oil change or for a recall.
post #3 of 6 Old 09-09-2004, 03:22 PM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
Report that idiot to SOA. I mean who doesn't know a WRX is turbocharged much less a dealer who sells them.
post #4 of 6 Old 09-09-2004, 11:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

Solice is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Solice Send a message via Yahoo to Solice
Yeah I agree with IB. There is no way I would ever even consider taking my Rex to a Subie dealer like that. That's ridiculous.

Solice
post #5 of 6 Old 09-13-2004, 01:47 AM
WRXtuners Member

hipo_wrx is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to hipo_wrx Send a message via Yahoo to hipo_wrx
that is s#!t ! im glad the mechanics here know something but i still hate the service.... id find a diffrent one to go to soon!
post #6 of 6 Old 09-17-2004, 11:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

Swift Suba is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Swift Suba
I HAVE A TURBO!?!?!?!? :eek:

Thats "Dumass"

I bought mine at a dealership, and that is the last time my baby will see a dealership lot. or a Factory Service Bay.

THOUGH!!!! There are some good techs out there at SOME of the dealerships