Trading in my '03 for maybe an EVO :( - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 10-02-2003, 11:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

QuickShift is an unknown
Just to let you guys know i picked up the EVO8, i love this forum so i wont be going anywhere. The car is sweet i got an Apex Silver with Carbon wing no sunroof. It looks so smooth and the ride is amazing. So precise sterring i was amazed. And one of the main reasons i went with the EVO 8 was because i talked the sales man down to 28.5k.And that was with the wing included the OZ lancer wing looks ### on the EVO. No i just gotta do the break in period which sucks. Ill keep ya guys posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 10-02-2003, 02:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

Knoob is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Knoob
EVO all the way.

-Jason
#18 Old 10-02-2003, 02:47 PM
WRXpert

renichms is known to be trustworthy and helpful renichms is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally posted by QuickShift
Just to let you guys know i picked up the EVO8, i love this forum so i wont be going anywhere. The car is sweet i got an Apex Silver with Carbon wing no sunroof. It looks so smooth and the ride is amazing. So precise sterring i was amazed. And one of the main reasons i went with the EVO 8 was because i talked the sales man down to 28.5k.And that was with the wing included the OZ lancer wing looks ### on the EVO. No i just gotta do the break in period which sucks. Ill keep ya guys posted.
Got pics? I like Evo's...though I like my STi more (after all, it IS mine, haha ).

RN
#19 Old 10-02-2003, 04:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

QuickShift is an unknown
Ill get some pics soon for you guys, I am gonna try to find some 3M stonegaurd for my car. Ill get ya some before and afters aswell.
#20 Old 10-02-2003, 04:19 PM
WRXpert

renichms is known to be trustworthy and helpful renichms is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Ill get some pics soon for you guys, I am gonna try to find some 3M stonegaurd for my car. Ill get ya some before and afters aswell.
How much is this stoneguard stuff and how well does it protect? I got some spots on the front of my car so if it'd help prevent chipping well enough, I'd get it...

RN
#21 Old 10-02-2003, 05:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

QuickShift is an unknown
I have been researching around i have seen around for 400 for the whole front of my car, the stuff they use is incredibaly strong. Im still searching for a cheaper price, ill let ya know if i find a good deal on some.It is well worth the money our cars do not have the best paint jobs all there money went toward power and handling (thank god).
#22 Old 10-02-2003, 06:00 PM
WRXpert

Quote:
I have been researching around i have seen around for 400 for the whole front of my car, the stuff they use is incredibaly strong. Im still searching for a cheaper price, ill let ya know if i find a good deal on some.It is well worth the money our cars do not have the best paint jobs all there money went toward power and handling (thank god).
Thanks!

RN
#23 Old 10-02-2003, 06:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

QuickShift is an unknown
there ya go renichms check this site out just found it
http://www.stongard.com/sgcontent/compare.asp?point=1
#24 Old 10-02-2003, 09:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

Tut4u2 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Tut4u2
Sweet man. Good buy. Do you wanna meet up or something?

Che
#25 Old 10-14-2003, 08:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

speedstrea is an unknown
subaru rock!
that all i have to say
#26 Old 12-13-2003, 06:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

QuickShift is an unknown
I just thought I would share some photos of my ride and some of the mods , go here http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/477497
#27 Old 01-05-2004, 01:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

Maverick is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Maverick
Hey Quick, are you related to anyone who works at the tire shop on SmallWood in Waldorf?
#28 Old 01-09-2004, 12:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

stevewrx is an unknown
the Subaru strikes me as a vehicle that is simply better engineered
The Evo is fast, but if you plan to drive the piss out of it over time, I believe that the STi will hold up better. Also, I believe the Evo has a fair amount more turbo lag.
#29 Old 01-15-2004, 01:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

QuickShift is an unknown
Quote:
Originally posted by stevewrx
the Subaru strikes me as a vehicle that is simply better engineered
The Evo is fast, but if you plan to drive the piss out of it over time, I believe that the STi will hold up better. Also, I believe the Evo has a fair amount more turbo lag.
Have you ever riden in an Evo or are you just giving me a biased answer cause you own a Wrx. I have had 0 problems with my Evo so far and have gone ahead and moded her more. I got cams going in along with an Ecu reflash soon so that should bump my hp to 325 WHP and she will be just as reliable as before. There are guys with Evo's that already have 20k+ miles without any problems ,that have been tracked, and dragged. I do like subaru and still miss my old wrx ( boxer rumble OWNS ) . Also if you plan to drive the piss out of anything it is going to break eventually !!!!!! And no mav I dont belive I am related to anyone over there and I am Asian BTW.
#30 Old 01-31-2004, 01:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

leetwrx is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to leetwrx
EVOs are totally sweet, and I dig it. Our cars may be rivals, but they both have almost the same philosopy. Rally cars for the real world, how can u get much better than that? Grats on the car man!