Trading in my '03 for maybe an EVO :( - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 09-27-2003, 12:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

QuickShift is an unknown
Trading in my '03 for maybe an EVO :(

Ya im gonna trade in my old baby for a new EVO , but i have been relly thinking about the STI. I just love the handling of the EVO, it gives up a little hp to the STI but it is a 2.0L vrs 2.5L .Im confused and puzzeled suck great choices.I am not much for straight line performance ,I like the curves!! I need some informative information on both cars, hoping you guys can help. I would like to hear some opinions from you guys.

Many thxs in advance
Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-27-2003, 12:38 PM
WRXpert

renichms is known to be trustworthy and helpful renichms is known to be trustworthy and helpful
My STi handles quite well. Learn the STi and you can do quite well. The reason most say the Evo handles better is magazine tests with little real world application and how they said you could take to its handling quickly. It may play little to none in a decision but the STi can do donuts out of the box. Also, being able to shift power can make it handle a lot more like a RWD car if you want it to.

RN
#3 Old 09-27-2003, 01:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

QuickShift is an unknown
The steering ratio on the evo is i tight , I test drove on the other day. I relly love the quickness, Sti got more power and a better tranny though i beleive.
#4 Old 09-27-2003, 01:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

Tut4u2 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Tut4u2
Well the EVO has been said to actually have about 300hp, so power isnt really the question. And with handling, as renichms said once you learn how to drive the car, handling isnt an issue. Personally I have driven both cars, and I would take the EVO. I like the 2.0L and the 4G63 engine. However, I also like the 6 speed tranny in the STi, but hate the fact that its a 2.5L. Engine vibrates too much when you are really pushing it.

Che
#5 Old 09-27-2003, 02:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

QuickShift is an unknown
Ya i agree with you tut. I love the 6 speed though and evo has almost as much power as the sti. But even if u learn to handle the car it can only go so far. I like the 4g63 engine been a big dsm fan for sometime. I think the evo has currently more tuning posibility. I wish they kept the sti same displacment as the prior yr model.
#6 Old 09-27-2003, 03:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

TheRex is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to TheRex
throw an STi Ver 7 suspension on your rex
#7 Old 09-27-2003, 03:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

WrxFoLife is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to WrxFoLife
Rechims , why dont you show them the movie of you doing 360 leaving SMOKE , and all the other videos of your handling? I will take the STI over the Evo anyday , ### I am into straight lining. There is an EVO in my commuinty , I will get soem good pics for yall , and show you its aight but I am better off with an STI. IMO

Mike
#8 Old 09-27-2003, 04:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

QuickShift is an unknown
Well i havent seen many reasons not to get an EVO over an STI(except for the blowing smoke of the tires) Was hoping I would hear more debating. I have seen many STIs i like the aggressive looks about them, Looking like they wanna eat kids with its giant hoodscoop
#9 Old 09-27-2003, 05:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

Tut4u2 is an unknown
Well the 4G63 is more easily tuned than the EJ25. Better fuel milage for the EVO. And its a Mitsu! You just gotta love those three diamonds (hehe). I am a big DSM guy as well, so I would just get the EVO, because of the engine. Scooby is a safer car though, the Volvo of Japan as the saying goes.

Che
#10 Old 09-28-2003, 12:33 AM
WRXtuners Member

350Zya is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to 350Zya
ok well are you looking for all around better car or just in the curves and handeling? take a look at the evos cheezey interior full of crappy plastics then take a look at our awesome leather momo stearing wheel. its clear that the STI is a better car for over all comfot and thats what all the magazines say and plus you get to pick your own head unit. but if your lookin for better handeling then go with the evo. but remember what subaru stands for Straight Up Bad A$$ Racing Unit

[b]SHIFT[/b][color=red]_[/color]heart
[b]SHIFT[/b][color=red]_[/color]ideas
[b]SHIFT[/b][color=red]_[/color]life

[b]350Z[/b][color=red]_[/color]4EVER
#11 Old 09-28-2003, 11:37 AM
WRXpert

renichms is known to be trustworthy and helpful renichms is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally posted by WrxFoLife
Rechims , why dont you show them the movie of you doing 360 leaving SMOKE , and all the other videos of your handling? I will take the STI over the Evo anyday , ### I am into straight lining. There is an EVO in my commuinty , I will get soem good pics for yall , and show you its aight but I am better off with an STI. IMO

Mike
http://www.schoolsubjects.com/sti/video/Drift-101.wmv

That has some clips but for the big movie file, you'd have to IM me and get it transferred. The big one has STi jumping, donuts from inside, 180s and more Evo action too. That day's fun was simply amazing...

RN
#12 Old 09-28-2003, 11:47 AM
WRXtuners Member

Tut4u2 is an unknown
The EVO has a Momo steering wheel as wheel. And that big vid is gonna be up soon.

Che
#13 Old 09-28-2003, 11:50 AM
WRXpert

Quote:
Originally posted by Tut4u2
The EVO has a Momo steering wheel as wheel. And that big vid is gonna be up soon.
Thanks man. Plus: http://68.62.175.165:81

Subaru section has some more. Because of excessive activity, I had to take down some other videos.

RN
#14 Old 09-29-2003, 05:38 PM
Founder

Ludachris is known to be trustworthy and helpful Ludachris is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I think it comes down to looks. The performance is so close, and the tuning potential for both cars is high enough to satisfy most enthusiasts, that it really comes down to looks. Out of the box, they're both great, and if you prefer one over the other in stock form, you can always add some aftermarket parts to make up the difference anyway. Personally, I just like the look of the STi better. I like the sound of the boxer motor, though I would probably tone down the wing and the scoop (maybe replace them with the regular WRX parts). That's just me though. Don't get me wrong, I love the 4G63 motor, but I just like the STi looks better.

-Chris
WRXtuners.com Founder
#15 Old 09-29-2003, 08:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

Tut4u2 is an unknown
Yeah the snow shovel is kinda big, lol. Nice though

Che