Trading in the car, maybe - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-17-2004, 02:29 AM
WRXtuners Member

Solice is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Solice Send a message via Yahoo to Solice
Trading in the car, maybe

I was thinking about trading in my black premium '04 WRX already. I love how the black looks but I'm getting really sick of washing it everyday. I got it w/ 240 mi on it and it now has 3,000. I payed around $27,000 (closer to 29k after tax/tags) for it. How much do you guys think I'd get for it? I'm trading it for another WRX, just a different color (probably silver or blue). The dealer also has an '04 WRB STI w/ 3,000 mi on it for about 29k, so maybe even that. I was just hoping to get some thoughts from you guys before i go in there and end up looking like a moron. I know they probably won't give me near what i payed but I'm hoping i could get close.

Solice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-17-2004, 10:13 AM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
It wouldn't be worth it trading for another WRX for just a color change. Take a stab at the STi.
#3 Old 07-17-2004, 10:38 AM
WRXtuners Member

WrxFoLife is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to WrxFoLife
Well IMO, if you payed close to 29G, then you should get around 22G. It depends on the dealer and the value of your car. I understand its still brand new but you know how b::::y they all get, so good luck and check out the STI!

03 Harley Davidson F-150
#4 Old 07-17-2004, 10:46 AM
WRXtuners Member

T WREX is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to T WREX Send a message via Yahoo to T WREX
You're gonna get killed on the depreciation. Good luck!
#5 Old 07-19-2004, 03:29 AM
WRXtuners Member

trenton is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to trenton
what's wrong with getting a new paint job? You can have any color you want.
#6 Old 07-19-2004, 04:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

Solice is an unknown
Yeah, I knew I wouldn't get near what I payed. Depreciation is a B****!! I made the mistake of going back to the dealer just to check things out. I was talking to one of the younger sales guys and he *estimated* I'd get around 24k trade in there. He said I could possibly get more at a non-subaru dealer (but I want another suby). Anyway, that didn't depress me but something else did. As soon as I parked I seen a beautiful white '04 STI w/ the silver BBS wheels. I was talking to the sales guy about it and he said it has 9,000 mi on it. It has ALL options, including fog lights, stereo (even the upgraded version), and the moon roof (I didn't know you could get that on the STI). Turned out that it was the owner's STI which he buys a new one every year. Well, the price tag on it is 29,000 Only a little over a month since I've had mine and that's what I payed for my Rex. If I could have waited 1 freaking month I'd be cruising in an STI, Bummer. I just cleaned mine all up and MAN does it look good, but it won't last long (rain's too much lol). I think I'm just going to hammer these payments down faster then I was planning and then do a personal sale instead of trade. I really have my sight's set on an STI now. Thanks guys!

Solice
#7 Old 07-19-2004, 09:04 AM
WRXtuners Member

wrx27 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to wrx27
If you dont go for the STI, a new paint job would be much cheaper the way i see it. One ? if i may ask. Why did you pay so much for ## 04 rex?
#8 Old 07-19-2004, 11:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

MU5A5HI is an unknown
I checked blue book on mine the other day just for kicks, and it was 19,500
Thats a 2004 WRX. Some premium features, but no sunroof.

You ger r*ped driving out of the lot when you buy a new car.
#9 Old 07-20-2004, 11:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

Solice is an unknown
The sticker price on my car was $27,648. I got it down to I think $25,900 (after military disc, and some other disc). After taxes and tags it was back up over $28,000. They had some other ,04 WRX's when I bought mine. One was a premium wagon that was a little cheaper (i didn't want a wagon) and the other was a silver WRX w/ no options. So I went with the one I have. They didn't have any '04 STI's there and were waiting for their '05's to come in. They STILL don't have an 05 STI's there.
#10 Old 07-21-2004, 01:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

T WREX is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to T WREX Send a message via Yahoo to T WREX
Solice-
Have you driven an STi yet? If you haven't, I wouldn't suggest you do unless you're really ready to buy it. The first time you get pinned to your seat you won't be able to say no... at least, that's what happened to me

-Trevor

FP Green'd 04 STi

Trevor
#11 Old 07-21-2004, 04:14 AM
WRXtuners Member

Solice is an unknown
Nah not yet, and thats exactly why. As soon as I drive that I'l never want to get back in my car, haha (it'll feel like a Civic). I'm working on selling my car now though (already haha). I WILL have an STI though, I kick myself everyday for buying the regular WRX too quickly. My fiance really liked it and they didn't have any STI's to test drive that day, so I got this one, not that it's a bad car though. Your right T-Wrex, as soon as I drive one I'm gonna buy it, but this time I won't get black

-Joe

Last edited by Solice; 07-21-2004 at 04:25 AM.
#12 Old 07-29-2004, 08:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

Japakazol is an unknown
you would be better off getting a custome paint job and using the money you save for some easystreet mods which can give you 344 for only a couple of grand. OF course i can't really talk, I did trade in my 3 month old honda civic SI for a 03 blue wrx sedan. I ended up walking out the door after negative equity on trade and tax title and license I walked out buying it for 25k out the door. They were trying to sell it for 24,999 before TTL. I was really persuasive and it helped that I wrote them a check from usaa.