Think I'm going to buy an '09 STI within a month - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 07-24-2009, 08:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheColorCute View Post
Haha yeah I bet the turbo puts an embarrassing grin on your face every time it kicks in. It would for me. :P

I hope they'll let me test drive a WRX. Honestly, I'm a youngling and I don't know how well they will take to me asking to test drive a WRX.
I'm just curious but how old are you? and if your young....how do you afford a 09 Sti?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 07-24-2009, 08:35 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Quote:
That sounds like a good idea. But they'd have to do constant maintenance checks on the test car because people would probably beat the hell out of it during a test drive. I know I would haha.
Contrary to want people say or think, most all cars and manufacturers cars are already "broke" in from the factory. Just becuase the odometer says "zero" the engine doesnt have zero miles on it. But thats why the car is usually cheaper than the ones taht arent test driven, its the miles on it. It still has to have fresh oil and meet the inspection criteria.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#18 Old 07-24-2009, 09:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

TheColorCute is an unknown
I'm almost 18. And my grandmother left me a significant portion of money when she passed away. So, once i reach majority, I get to use that money on whatever I want. The money was originally intended for college but I already have a good amount of money saved for college in addition to whatever financial aid or scholarships I receive.
#19 Old 07-24-2009, 09:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

Ahh that makes sense. I know I'd feel a little better taking advantage of the power of a new STI or WRX if I knew the engine was already broken in.
#20 Old 07-25-2009, 04:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
I'm almost 18. And my grandmother left me a significant portion of money when she passed away. So, once i reach majority, I get to use that money on whatever I want. The money was originally intended for college but I already have a good amount of money saved for college in addition to whatever financial aid or scholarships I receive.
just an FYI: Reaching the age of majority and taking over your inheritance from whomever was the previous custodian will significantly increase your assets with respect to the FAFSA form and almost any other financial aid application, thus quite possibly decreasing the amount of financial aid that you might qualify for. If your inheritance resides in a revocable trust then the first sentence generally will still apply. If your inheritance resides in an irrevocable trust, then the first sentence generally MAY not apply (may = small chance that it might still apply depending on the specific situation).

Just want to share this with you so that you may make informed decisions and decrease your chance of potential surprises/disappointment.

This is not meant to be specific financial advice, for that you should seek out a professional financial advisor/tax consultant.

Good luck with your purchase!

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
#21 Old 07-25-2009, 07:25 AM
WRXtuners Member

Thanks for the heads up sleepr! The money is in a UGMA account so it is irrevocable.
Most of the schools I'm applying to commit to 100% of your need for financial aid. So, they will cover whatever I don't have.
#22 Old 07-25-2009, 07:26 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C89ZX7R View Post
everyones insurance is going up!
Yeah I know. My insurance will probably go up about $1200/year.