Which Subaru should I get?? - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 09-20-2010, 01:08 AM
WRXtuners Member

srninjastar is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to srninjastar
my first car was a pos mazda protege that i still scoot around in when the STi is down for whatever reason. this is gona sound lame but try and get a beater car for ## first car cause when u get the wrx or sti later on you will appreciate it that much more.

Keshav (kay-shuv)
stage II pro-tuned 04 STi
294whp/343wtq VF39 @19psi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 09-30-2010, 10:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

maverick175 is an unknown
how do i post pics to show you guys?
#18 Old 10-01-2010, 08:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
^^Go to the "advanced" area before you submit a reply and then hit the "paperclip" next to the smiley and it will take you to the prompts....

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#19 Old 10-03-2010, 05:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

Name:  subarupic.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  64.0 KB

here it is!
#20 Old 10-03-2010, 08:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
scary! im sorry i remember that age! all my friends were into cars and we all raced, street and track. guess what? everyone of us crashed at some point or got into a situation we barley made it out of. i cant imagine XXX more power and being in the same boat. you just cant tell a 15 year old or even a 20 year old to stay out of the throttle. that car is way over powered for your skill at this point. all i can say is drive it like a grandma but you'll do what you want so good luck.

PS since Boise gets more than 1/4" of snow fall a year you WILL kill yourself never driving in snow before AND on thoughs tires. they are high performance summer tires only! check them out at tirerack.com. you must must must get yourself a set of performance winter/snow tires before the snow falls. great cheap tire is the Bridgestone Blizzak WS-60

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
#21 Old 10-03-2010, 09:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

blue REX 9 is an unknown
Send a message via Yahoo to blue REX 9
wow congrats man, dude as a first time driver some tips dont street race man. i know its tempting but the last thing as young man you need is to have someones death or that you hit somones car that was full of people in it . have fun driving the car just be careful.

PS dude you are the man! being able to make that purchase is awesome. keep doing whatever you do to make that happen . my first car was a 1989 s10 with no front end at all. lol but by the time that little truck was done it ran low 13 second quarter miles . BUT that was at sonoma raceway not on the streets !
#22 Old 10-03-2010, 10:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
maybe we should all chime in with past situations to help him out for what not to do with a car that has some good power.

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
#23 Old 10-03-2010, 11:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

blue REX 9 is an unknown
Send a message via Yahoo to blue REX 9
agreed, yea well one thing is that you usually don't want to do is braking before corners never while cornering . braking while your in the corner causes your cars center of balance to severely go off and can cause your car to slid or completely loose control. these cars tend to understeer a lot if you don't know how to drive it. going into a corner to fast can be bad and lead to braking late and into the situation i just described. SO brake before you take the corner .

the reason why i am so against street racing is i have had my past problems with street racing and ended up badly for me . one other car i had was a 1993 impreza L edition with some good modifications on it . i was racing a mustang 5.0 on the freeway and well i tried to take the off ramp and i was going to fast there was a car in front of me that i couldn't brake in time for and so i had to swerve around it so i couldn't take the correct line to make the corner. i had to brake while i was taking the corner and the cars balance shifted to the front left and i understeered right off the freeway at maybe 100 mph. i survived the crash somehow with some broken ribs , conclusion, glass everywhere so i had blood everywhere too. the driver of the car i cut off had his family in the car that i later found out. i also found out that he was the one who stopped and got me out of the car. and his wife called the ambulance and like i said i lived. but when i found out that he had his family in the car with him it hit me i could have killed them as well, i just kept thinking how selfish am i to have put his family in danger. i could have ended there lives with mine and that is something that my friend you don't want on your conscious . luckily i lived and that family lived but thinking about that day makes me realize that street racing is so bad . every man is in control of there life but when you put other people in danger, that is the worlds most selfish thing to do.

i found out a week later my close cousin died almost doing the same thing . he lost control of his car street tracing and went off the freeway and slammed into a wall at almost the same speeds i was doing . i hit kind of a hill when i went off the freeway but it was dirt and it gave way. my cousin hit a concrete wall and died almost instantly. he was 24 years old.
take it to the track man and get your fun there. and learn the braking and accelerating and speed you crave safely. you have a full life ahead of you, so live well dude
#24 Old 10-03-2010, 11:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

JTeck is an unknown
haha is blue your favorite color? shorts, shirt, and the car! have fun with it
#25 Old 10-03-2010, 11:55 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go buy some snow tires.

Thanks...

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#26 Old 10-04-2010, 09:07 AM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
I have a firm belief that if you're in a populated area (cars/people or both), you gain more respect and attention driving a fast car, slow. Back roads? That's when the gloves come off.

Congrats. Please be safe. All my regrets were doing dumb stuff I knew was dumb, and now I have to live with the damage I did to my own car. I recommend you try to get into some autoxing to learn the limits of your car.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
#27 Old 10-04-2010, 10:11 AM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
just so you've got the schedule Snake River Region SCCA 2010 Events Calendar

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#28 Old 10-04-2010, 04:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

I thank you all so much for your true deep concern of my well being. i have read all your stories and would really appreciate more helpful tips from you guys. I can tell you all that I am a mature responsible teenager and I believe i can handle this car. I know the dangers and consequences, and believe me, I'm way to scared of them to ever try something! My dad was a highway patrolman for 30 years, so thats just one more reason for me to never try something stupid. I also appreciate the tire tips, i will definetly be purchasing a set. Remember, if i wasn't mature and responsible, I never would have been able to make that much money from working!
#29 Old 10-04-2010, 04:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

cosmotrix is an unknown
Thumbs up

Kudos on your recent purchase. Your new ride looks great, I know you'll enjoy every mile. Life is too short buy what you like.

Cosmo
#30 Old 10-04-2010, 09:57 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick175 View Post
I thank you all so much for your true deep concern of my well being. i have read all your stories and would really appreciate more helpful tips from you guys. I can tell you all that I am a mature responsible teenager and I believe i can handle this car. I know the dangers and consequences, and believe me, I'm way to scared of them to ever try something! My dad was a highway patrolman for 30 years, so thats just one more reason for me to never try something stupid. I also appreciate the tire tips, i will definetly be purchasing a set. Remember, if i wasn't mature and responsible, I never would have been able to make that much money from working!
That's great, and I'm glad to hear it. Now please post again telling us what snow tires you're buying. WINTER IS COMING! YOUR CAR HAS SUMMER ONLY TIRES!

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD