Subaru May Separate WRX From Impreza Range To Focus On Performance - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 07-15-2011, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Subaru May Separate WRX From Impreza Range To Focus On Performance

This topic was taken from the site news.

I've been hearing rumors in the mill that Subaru was still thinking about getting back into WRC. Massively stupid, but in the same sense very needed to modify the crap out of a impreza to basically a Fiesta/DS3 sized WRX chassis. If the tuner world would still hold on making parts for the new WRX. It might be the coolest WRX yet, albeit the fact that it would be a smaller more compact clown car WRX. But, still...just try and buy a DS3 or fiesta that is turbo and AWD. You can't!! So, that'd be one small nugget over the competition in the sales department. Plus, I'd love to see Subaru do more in the WRC realm than just production class WRC and be a struggling competitor in JWRC.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-15-2011, 07:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
I think the last sentence of the article is the most comical:

"Subaru pulled out of the series in 2008 because of the economic downturn."

I was always under the impression that the reason Subaru couldn't compete is because WRC changed the rules on engine size relatively quickly. Can anyone back me up on this?

I'm pretty excited to see what this new 1.6L boxer engine will "look" like...

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
post #3 of 4 Old 07-15-2011, 08:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepr View Post
I think the last sentence of the article is the most comical:

"Subaru pulled out of the series in 2008 because of the economic downturn."

I was always under the impression that the reason Subaru couldn't compete is because WRC changed the rules on engine size relatively quickly. Can anyone back me up on this?

I'm pretty excited to see what this new 1.6L boxer engine will "look" like...
Well Subaru made a 1.6L before, so I imagine they will just reconfigure a few things and use what they did before.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #4 of 4 Old 07-18-2011, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Sleeper, I'm under the impression that you are right from the engine rules killed a lot of the manufactors out of the race. I'm still not understanding why they did that. Unless they are trying to avoid a return of the "B" class monsters in the 2.0 era of class A cars. Lets face it, FIA is even scaling back the engines on F1 as well in the coming years and bringing Forced Induction back to the F1 series. I know they realize manufactors can squeeze a lot of power out of even a 1.6 Liter engine. But, with the need to "be green" even in racing. It would even make more sense to go that route. A lot of us americans that like tq might bitch and whine at first. But, if the tuning world jumped all over the new WRX and would support it just as much or better than the current cars. Then we would've have much to bitch about. Because we could have just as much fun in the new car as the current. The only problem would that the production car's engine couldn't be cheaped out on and that'd make it tuning the new car a lot better. I guess we will have to see how everything plays out.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
Sponsored Links
Advertisement