Subaru dealership annoyance - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 03-21-2013, 03:38 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
No dealer pays invoice of course, but at least you'll be above average on the pay scale if you get them down to invoice. When invoices became more public knowledge, dealers started getting cash rewards for each car they buy from the manufacturer. This keeps the invoice higher than the dealer's total cost.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 03-23-2013, 01:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

General-Leo is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by the RIOT act View Post
That's an offer that would def be accepted in the states. You're not the only one from Canada who's griped out WRX pricing up there. Def sucks for you guys! You can get a NEW base in the states for under $29k OTD honestly. Seeing that it's that big a difference from here to there I wouldn't even know what a "fair" offer would be considered for you to walk in with. Did you ask them what the lowest accepted offer would be? Just curious to see where they're at...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I'm not trying to brag, but I will def agree with RIOT. I got my bone stock WRX a few months ago for 29k OTD and it was only that high becuase I was 2k upside down on my current car loan. so yeah that seems a little crazy that they would say no to you.
I even had them order the EXACT car that I wanted and ship it to the dealership because they didn't have one on the lot that I wanted. Are you trying to finace through the dealership, or do you allready have it worked out through the bank (or cash)?
If you allready have it worked out maybe you could try sitting them down and explaining that you would pay them the 28k OTD for the car and they can make some money right then, or you will walk?
You prob have a little more experince buying cars, but I'm just trying to help I hope this doesn't offend you.
#18 Old 03-23-2013, 03:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
you can't offend anyone with your info bro.... Good post. Thanks for sharing. Bank finance > dealer BS

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#19 Old 03-27-2013, 04:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

jizzlets is an unknown
Thanks for all your suggestion guys.... but I decided to get a new wrx, instead of a used one. must say, that was a brutal experience negotiating. but i managed to get him down to about $500 above canadian invoice price... but with taxes and delivery and crap... it was still an expensive buy. well, i hope this wrx doesnt fail on me for the next decade... thats the next time ill be purchasing another car.
#20 Old 03-28-2013, 09:41 AM
WRXtuners Member

General-Leo is more helpful than not
How long before you get it or did you buy one off of the lot?
Pics?
#21 Old 04-05-2013, 05:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

jizzlets is an unknown
i got it ordered from the factory. sales guy said delivery time is 7-10 days. so i should receive it this week, hopefully.