Subaru dealership annoyance - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-18-2013, 02:19 AM
WRXtuners Member

jizzlets is an unknown
Subaru dealership annoyance

So I visited 3 separate subaru dealerships in the Vancouver area, trying to buy a used 2011 WRX base sedan. Price ranges from $27 to $29k.

I find that they are overpriced. I did some research and I found that if I make and offer of $28k OTD, that seems reasonable. Well, in each dealership, they rejected my offer. So I had to walk out empty handed. So sad

Why is it so hard to buy a used WRX? Or maybe it's me and my offer is too low? Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-18-2013, 05:37 AM
Premium Member

the RIOT act is more helpful than not
Garage

That's an offer that would def be accepted in the states. You're not the only one from Canada who's griped out WRX pricing up there. Def sucks for you guys! You can get a NEW base in the states for under $29k OTD honestly. Seeing that it's that big a difference from here to there I wouldn't even know what a "fair" offer would be considered for you to walk in with. Did you ask them what the lowest accepted offer would be? Just curious to see where they're at...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Brandon - 13' SWP WRX Sedan
#3 Old 03-18-2013, 05:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Attitude has alot to do with it. Depends how you walk in there and what you looked at.

I never walk into a dealership with one car in mind... I always look around.

Remember, it's a game with these sales guys. Go online (if they have a website) and make an offer on there. See what they say. How many miles were on each one and what was KBB/NADA on them?

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#4 Old 03-18-2013, 11:10 AM
WRXtuners Member

jizzlets is an unknown

Well I checked out different forums and it looks like people bought the wrx between 25k and 27k. So I thought paying 28k OTD would be a little excessive but doable. Apparently not with subaru sales managers.

Yah, that 2011 wrx was sticker price of $29990. plus the fact that i saw a bunch of scratches on the side door, missing buttons on the steering wheel. And plus the fact they advertised it as a limited package, when in fact it was only the base model sedan. granted that it only had 7000km on it, but still, i thought my offer would be accepted.

Just a bummer, I was so stoked to drive away with something.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
#5 Old 03-18-2013, 02:08 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
I would just save a little more and buy new if I were you. Used sports cars are generally a pandora's box. The sticker shock of a new one, particularly if you intend to keep it for a while, protects you from a whole lot of other people's mistakes.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#6 Old 03-19-2013, 08:03 AM
WRXtuners Member

dirtydeeds02 is an unknown
Re: Subaru dealership annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
I would just save a little more and buy new if I were you. Used sports cars are generally a pandora's box. The sticker shock of a new one, particularly if you intend to keep it for a while, protects you from a whole lot of other people's mistakes.
I agree completely. Also you can usually get a little better of a deal on a factory order if u can wait.

#7 Old 03-19-2013, 05:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I had a brand new base lined up for right around 26 before trade in was added.
I'd buy new if I were you

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#8 Old 03-20-2013, 11:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

jizzlets is an unknown

You guys are lucky living in the states. Canadian pricing is freakin brutal. Base price for a new WRX is like $33K here. And I'd doubt if I can get it lower than that. It's hard to push sales guys lower here. Any advice?

#9 Old 03-20-2013, 03:30 PM
Premium Member

the RIOT act is more helpful than not
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jizzlets View Post
You guys are lucky living in the states. Canadian pricing is freakin brutal. Base price for a new WRX is like $33K here. And I'd doubt if I can get it lower than that. It's hard to push sales guys lower here. Any advice?

Wow that's ridiculous! They're like 26-27k in the states. Although you do have free healthcare lol! That's $140 a week or $7280 a year taken from me and that includes no prescriptions of $5-$30 every one or "co-pays" of $30 every doctors visit! You guys still win lmao!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Brandon - 13' SWP WRX Sedan
#10 Old 03-20-2013, 03:31 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Show them a check already filled out for the number you want to pay filled out to them and offer to sign it or drive away, their choice.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#11 Old 03-21-2013, 01:44 AM
WRXtuners Member

jizzlets is an unknown

Yah, I totally did that. I showed them my $28K cheque. The sales guy left to talk to the manager, and he came back and said no. I was quite shocked! It's very frustrating buying cars.

#12 Old 03-21-2013, 03:05 AM
WRXtuners Member

Fidrat is more helpful than not
Dude, take your check to Seattle buy your car, go back to that crappy dealership rev the engine honk the horn whatever you can to get their attention and flip those A-holes off.

All right, where is the distributor cap? I need to find the #1 plug wire to hook up my SUN machine.
#13 Old 03-21-2013, 03:42 AM
WRXtuners Member

jizzlets is an unknown

I know eh? Canadian car pricing is injustice.

#14 Old 03-21-2013, 01:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

MNDriver is an unknown
Sounds like you and a buddy could take a road trip to the states and buy new for what you are willing to spend for used. (just make sure you have contacted a dealership that has one in stock for you when you get there). I don't know about everywhere else, but dealerships around my area did not really stock them on the lot.
#15 Old 03-21-2013, 01:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

dirtydeeds02 is an unknown
Re: Subaru dealership annoyance

Because they are such rare cars to find on a lot dealers feel they can ask high prices for the car. They get people to pay those prices because most people fall in love and want the car now. Look into a factory order for a new car. Get the invoice price online this way you know what the dealer is paying for the car and work from there.
They are usually more flexible because it is not in their inventory and therefore they can't ask insane prices.