Subaru, customer service my @ss - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 11-23-2007, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Shane818 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Shane818
Subaru, customer service my @ss

So my buddy has an 02 legacy. He bought it last november, then left for marine corps boost camp january 15th. was gone for 3 months, then home for 10 days and then sent to training for another 3 months. the car was started and ran while he was gone, then we changed the oil each time he got back from training. so he has been driving the car for 5 1/2 months and the headgaskets blew. it has 64,xxx miles on it. warrenty ran out at 60,000. he bought it with 61,xxx miles on it. if he knew it only had a 60k warrenty he would not have bought it. they want $1500 to fix it. ( not happening, way to expensive ) after speaking with customer service they wont help us either. i understand a 60k warrenty means 60k but come on. he barely drove the thing and its cooked. a subaru with that low miles should not be blowing headgaskets. sucks for him.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-24-2007, 12:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

Jag_Warrior is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane818 View Post
So my buddy has an 02 legacy. He bought it last november, then left for marine corps boost camp january 15th. was gone for 3 months, then home for 10 days and then sent to training for another 3 months. the car was started and ran while he was gone, then we changed the oil each time he got back from training. so he has been driving the car for 5 1/2 months and the headgaskets blew. it has 64,xxx miles on it. warrenty ran out at 60,000. he bought it with 61,xxx miles on it. if he knew it only had a 60k warrenty he would not have bought it. they want $1500 to fix it. ( not happening, way to expensive ) after speaking with customer service they wont help us either. i understand a 60k warrenty means 60k but come on. he barely drove the thing and its cooked. a subaru with that low miles should not be blowing headgaskets. sucks for him.....
Did he buy it from a Subaru dealer that told him that it had something more than a 60,000 mile warranty? If not, I can't figure out why this has anything to do with Subaru customer service.

I agree with you that 60K miles is low (for any car) to be blowing head gaskets. But who knows how the previous owner treated the car... and why is that Subaru's fault?
post #3 of 4 Old 11-24-2007, 10:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

jwtarbaj is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to jwtarbaj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
Did he buy it from a Subaru dealer that told him that it had something more than a 60,000 mile warranty? If not, I can't figure out why this has anything to do with Subaru customer service.

I agree with you that 60K miles is low (for any car) to be blowing head gaskets. But who knows how the previous owner treated the car... and why is that Subaru's fault?
I have to agree in this case your buddy is in the wrong. Subaru didn't mislead or deny anything that was their responsibility.

Next time he should have a used car inspected before he buys it. A compression test before purchase would have shown this problem easily.
post #4 of 4 Old 11-25-2007, 07:13 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Shane818 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Shane818
i agree with you guys. he never listens to me about anything. he always wants to learn from his mistakes instead of listening about others doing them and then not doing it. this dealership is nictorious for selling cars with headgasket problems. five people that i know all had headgasket problems when buying cars from them. instead of listening to me he still bought from there. the reason why i said there customer service sucks is because they just brushed him off. my buddy skip had a ford lightening that blew up 3 thousand miles after warrenty and ford split the cost with him. i think i just expected subaru to stand by there cars, especially being so close to the warrenty mark, and not want people thinking there cars blow up at 60k. granted most dont, so in a rare case i just thought they might help out a little. i was wrong. this is the kind of thing that happens when you rush and buy a car.