Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   The Hangout (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   STI vs. M3 (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f56/sti-vs-m3-5946/)

Bosnian 09-02-2004 05:00 AM

STI vs. M3

So i'm driving home from my friends house at like 3:00 am down the freeway, and suddenly see two sets of purple HID's in the rear view mirror. A few seconds later the lights were really close to me. So I merged into the far right lane, next thing i see is a Blue STI and a Red M3 just mashing by me. I eventually spead up a bit trying to see the outcome. Unfortunately (i think i misspelled it) the STI got walked all over by the M3 by about good 10 car lengths.

I know that the M3 has factory about 340hp, but this one wasn't stock for sure, do to the distance gap.

But i might be wrong

Solice 09-02-2004 10:45 PM

Where was the video cam when you need it ;) Poor STI but there's nothing wrong with losing to an M3.

Bosnian 09-03-2004 03:12 AM

Even if i had a video camera, i wouldn't have enough time to record it.

hipo_wrx 09-08-2004 12:18 AM

but stock to stock id say their close. plus i dont like the bmw's (d@mn z4's....)

tescrex 09-08-2004 12:05 PM

Could all the new bmw designs look any more horrible? I think not. Not only that, but I think BMW should thank Subaru for designing its five series taillights, for they are already on the imprezas.

hipo_wrx 09-09-2004 02:17 AM

yeah i guess they do look alike... b@$tards

Bosnian 09-09-2004 04:47 AM

True but they are really expensive overall.

Swift Suba 09-23-2004 03:17 PM

My boy spanked a new M3 in his SRT-4. Dont ask me how or why but i saw it. Couldnt tell you. But if i was that guy in the m3 i would be really upset. He was completly dumb-founded. The guy was all cocky and kept saying that it is impossible, EVEN though it just happend 3 times. My boy turned to him and said "for the $60,000 you paid for that car did it come with a book of excuses on what to say when a $20,000 beats you?" I thought it was funny. The guy was a horrible driver. !Thumbs Up

Bosnian 09-24-2004 01:41 PM

Yup that is funny, but i just can't wait for my STI to arrive so i can modify it and look for M3's to mash on. HEHEHEHEHE

tescrex 09-24-2004 03:21 PM

Where'd you end up getting your STi bosnian?

Bosnian 09-27-2004 01:34 AM

Actually i am still waiting for the car to arrive to the dealership so i can check it out and purchase it for sure. But when i call every couple of days, the sales manager tells me that they haven't arrived yet. When i asked him where the Hell they are coming from, he acted like he's busy and told me that he will call me back in few min. And its been 4 days now since I spoke with him.

But who knows, maybe he thinks that i won't buy the car bacause i'm 20 yrs old and that i just want to test drive it.

I bet that if he knew that i can pay for the whole car cash, he would have the car delivered the same day. So therefore when i have my next day off work, i will try to purchase it from some other Subaru dealership. And then i can go over there just to piss them off. HEHEHE

bah14 09-27-2004 03:10 AM

Considering what a stock STi is fully capable of (assuming the driver actually knows what they are doing), I'd say, stock to stock, my money is with the impreza. But then again, I'm biased as hell. And damn proud of it.