STI soon.... - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-01-2008, 08:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

zmanoside is a helpful contributing member
STI soon....

Well, a lot of things just changed for the better in my life. I got accepted into ECU's school of nursing starting this fall...in 2 months..I'm a Navy veteran and my wife is going on 13 yrs on active duty...well, to put it bluntly, after 4 yrs of being out of the Navy I'm gonna go back in as an officer..The wife and I want to start a family after we get out of school and BOTH of us being Naval officers would be benificial to our children at least for the first few years...I'm going into the Navy's Nurse candidate program which will give me 34k over the next 2 years; 5k up front, 5k at 6 months and a thousand a month for the 24 months that I'll be in school. I will owe the Navy 5 yrs I haven't made up my mind on what year to get yet but it will def be a used STI in the 28k range. My optimal setup would be a steel gray metallic 06 so I could swap out interior/trunk etc....SOOOO EXCITED!!! Any opinions/comments with what year to go with I'll be stoked on. Also had a question about transfering over my existing TBE setup from my 06 wrx to a Sti, work? No? Can ALL Interior pieces including carpet from an 06 go into a 05? STOKED!! I have a couple months to look and find the best deal...Z

12.7 @ 109
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-01-2008, 09:11 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
swapping WRX parts onto an STi? Never heard of it.

Yeah, it's pretty much all movable. The STi comes wired for fogs, you can literally just move the switch over and it's all wired to go. Take the fuse while your in there, the WRX won't need it anymore.

The trunk is 4 bolts and a plug for the tail light but you need to switch the springs as well which is slightly harder. If you've done it before it takes two seconds but if not it can be tricky.

What else you thinking of moving?

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#3 Old 06-01-2008, 09:43 PM
b7g
WRXtuners Member

b7g is an unknown
this is so interesting!
I have chosen basically the same path, but with the Air Force. Great choice on the car too
Tells one something about the demographic of wrx buyers, right!?

drive = freedom
#4 Old 06-01-2008, 09:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

Well, I should say that I'm not for sure on getting a 06...if I did I would switch ALL my interior to include all seating,carpet,door moldings, not a fan of STi blue interior...the trunk most def and I want fogs too...I would keep the roof vane spoiler cause I think they look cool I dont even know if a dealer would let me do all this....And I would go back to stock and take my stage 2 setup from the wrx and transfer it over! I might get a 05 though!! decisions decisions....

12.7 @ 109
#5 Old 06-02-2008, 12:54 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Sounds like a good plan Z. Get an 06 if you can, just partial to them I suppose. I like that you want to switch it all over between the WRX and STI. Good luck with the hunt.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#6 Old 06-02-2008, 10:45 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmanoside View Post
Well, I should say that I'm not for sure on getting a 06...if I did I would switch ALL my interior to include all seating,carpet,door moldings, not a fan of STi blue interior...the trunk most def and I want fogs too...I would keep the roof vane spoiler cause I think they look cool I dont even know if a dealer would let me do all this....And I would go back to stock and take my stage 2 setup from the wrx and transfer it over! I might get a 05 though!! decisions decisions....
Well, I just carried 2 car loans for a month and had both of em sitting there. Then I sold the WRX on my own rather than trading it in. You get a few more bucks to help with the conversion anyway.

People are going to love the WRX gussied up to look like an STi anyway. The guy who bought my WRX liked the STi logo on the front and back of his WRX...

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#7 Old 06-02-2008, 09:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

^^ LOL Check this shit out..

Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com

I want it...without the body kit of course...not very practical

12.7 @ 109
#8 Old 06-03-2008, 01:09 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Take out all the dumb neons and most of the added sound systm, and get rid of the 19inch rims and I might think about it. I kind of like it and doesnt sound like a bad asking price for it.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#9 Old 06-14-2008, 01:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

I'm looking at this STi today
Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com

Just making sure....I can take my TBE off my car and put it on the STi right? Along with my AP of course...

12.7 @ 109
#10 Old 06-14-2008, 03:08 PM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
I hope you were kidding about that first one!! You should know not to buy a modded car! That second one looks like a good one though.

You TBE will bolt right on.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
#11 Old 06-14-2008, 05:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

Well I didnt physically check out the car today....it's over 100 miles from me. I decided to try and wheel and deal over the phone and get approved for financing and all the other shit done before I drive to check the car out...I'm all preapproved and ready to go for all of the financing specs that I asked for!!! If the car looks and drives as good as it looks in the photos it will be a done deal....I'm going monday morning. Ahhh stage II silver on silver 05 STi soon to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO FN STOKED RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12.7 @ 109
#12 Old 06-16-2008, 05:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

stagger_lee is more helpful than not
Did you pick it up Z? That thing looks nice.

Still love my 4 rings, but now all I see is stars.
White Collar Hippie
#13 Old 06-17-2008, 12:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

^^

Sucky day yesterday...

12.7 @ 109
#14 Old 06-19-2008, 10:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

Here are a couple of pics. The car is home and sik as hell. A whole different machine thats for damn sure.

LOL, ya I know I need to cut my grass....

12.7 @ 109
#15 Old 06-20-2008, 01:08 AM

Looks nice Z. Glad you got the car sorted out and are happy with it now.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"