Spoiler or spoiler less - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 03-03-2004, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

allgolden is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to allgolden
Spoiler or spoiler less

I have a question for you guys. I know this is probably not the first and last time a stupid thought or question comes up. But what do you guys think. Does the car look better without the spoiler or with the spoiler?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 03-03-2004, 08:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

Tut4u2 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Tut4u2
Depends on the car and the spoiler. On a Toyota Corolla or Honda Accord or anything like that I dont see a need for a spoiler. On more sporty cars, they brighten up the back and fill in a void. Dont get me wrong, I dont like 3in aluminum fins on Civics or anything. I would never change the stock spoiler on a car. Unless its a WRX, I would probably change it to the STi one, once I have reached the STi power levels. Just my view anyways.

Che
post #3 of 13 Old 03-03-2004, 08:39 PM

xxxxxfirecordz is an unknown
On the stock WRX I dont like any spoilers, I think it is a well designed, aggressive trunk lid. On the STi though, I'd prefer the stock WRX spoiler and not the STi (its too ricey and large, I dont need attention like that, I'm into sleepers). The reason why I wouldnt go spoilerless completely on the STi is that the damn hood scoop is so large that it would make the car look like a tank in the front and a fairy in the back w/o a spoiler when viewed from the side. Just my opinion, but we all know 90% of WRX owners spend the 300+ on the spoiler.

Oh and the best EVO8 I've seen had the same idea... stock Lancer wing made it a little more calm and not as ricey. That way when you drive your girl out to dinner at some fancy place you dont roll up in a car that looks like a teen's civic from FATF.
post #4 of 13 Old 03-11-2004, 11:12 AM
WRXtuners Member

TrBOWHtSTi is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to TrBOWHtSTi
i say spoiler, and regardless of what others say. i wouldnt trade my sti spoiler for anything. some say itz ricey, i dont think so, it evens out the car with the huge hood scoop. just my 0.02

post #5 of 13 Old 03-11-2004, 11:15 AM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
I personally HATE hood scoops. I want to get rid of mine with a passion. Once I have done that, I'm considering going spoilerless myself. But, who knows... I might go to Advance Auto Parts and get one of those $39 aluminum jobs.

Joking of course (about the aluminum wing that is - I really do hate hood scoops)
post #6 of 13 Old 03-11-2004, 11:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

TrBOWHtSTi is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to TrBOWHtSTi
but if you put one of those huge aluminum spoilers on your car, it has to be completely stock or it wont look right. lolz.
post #7 of 13 Old 03-11-2004, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

allgolden is an unknown
I like the car with the STI spoiler if its an STI. But if its just the little fella i think the car should not have the spoiler.. it kinda makes it a sleeper not a attention grabber. and hey.. i dont plan on crusing around at 160 + for the spoiler to work. And hey If i wanted to get better cell phone reception i would have bought a honda and put a aluminum tower on the back of it.
post #8 of 13 Old 03-11-2004, 04:22 PM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
IMO the wrx needs a spoiler. Right now mine is spoilerless becasue I am not a fan of the stock spoiler. I want to put this spoiler on my car becasue as somebody says, it evens out the car with that huge hoodscoop on front.

http://westminsterspeed.com/Merchant...Category_Code=
post #9 of 13 Old 03-20-2004, 03:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrx27 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to wrx27
I have the stock spoiler on mine, I like it and dont, I like the WRC STI spoiler but wouldnt put it on unless i was pushin STI power. And im SRY but family econo-boxes shouldnt have "whale-tails".
post #10 of 13 Old 03-20-2004, 09:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

jwtarbaj is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to jwtarbaj
I saw a Monte Carlo (not the current body but the one just before it) today with the biggest gayest wing ever. Not to mention that the car has a 3.1L V6 and no power to speak of (was not an SS). This wing must have been 1.5-2 feet tall went across the car with wing tips going up. The worst part is where the wings go up the ends of this spoiler had huge bullet like pieces! It was hideous. I went by him and was laughing to myself.
post #11 of 13 Old 03-21-2004, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

allgolden is an unknown
I just tinted my windows 5% all the way around and I have to say that I dont think I am going to put a spoiler on the car now. It looks awesome with dark windows... and man it keeps the car so much more cooler also..
post #12 of 13 Old 03-23-2004, 01:34 AM
WRXtuners Member

TheRex is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to TheRex
no spoiler for me
althought i want the STi one
post #13 of 13 Old 03-23-2004, 01:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

slowdown is an unknown
depends on your personal preferences. it should go with the general flow of the car.

i'm a huge fan of wingless on lowered cars, but not so hot on wingless stock ride height cars.

i'm a huge fan of expensive spoilers and huge spoilers on race cars, like the JUN superlemon GD. that sard wing just looks powerful in combination with the ultimately sick rear diffuser that just screams racebred performance and highspeed circuit racing.

it really just comes down to personal preference. Hell, i might even get a huge aluminum wing later down the road. i think the novelty of it is far more enjoyable than the sophistication of having a nice, tasteful wing.

:D