Speeding Tickets - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 07-27-2007, 01:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

mr04wrx is more helpful than not
123 uin a 70 zone. Got a neg in the 2nd degree $700 ticket. went to court, got it down to a 15 over and a $150 ticket. I told them that it was the other wrx that I was racing that they pegged with the laser. :-) by the way, that other wrx got a ticket too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 07-27-2007, 09:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

rorofosho is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to rorofosho
I didn't get a ticket but its kinda funny. I was pulling into the local park for fourth of july and this black dodge charger unmarked police car was stopped in the middle of the road so i went around him and accelerated. Then about thirty seconds later after i had parked and was turning off the car he came barreling through the parking lot(not the lanes but the parking spaces which is illegal) at about 45 and goes around this kid on a bike and stops and walks up and says" you in a hurry son?" Cause it sure sounded like you where going fast when you past me." Just a warning but slow down cause this is a park with little kids and elderly people that you could hit." It sounded like i was going fast? Little kids like the one you almost hit going 45 straight through the parking lot? oookk I got a good kick out of it.
#18 Old 07-28-2007, 07:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

Sirtex is an unknown
67 in a 35. 320 plus three months suspended license. Damn radars.
#19 Old 09-26-2007, 04:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

srninjastar is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to srninjastar
42 in a 30 $200, tryn to unleash all 130hp in my protegay
#20 Old 09-26-2007, 06:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
54 in a 40 = $70 and 1 point, but I went to court and pled guilty (the cop was there) and they reduced the fine to $35 + court fees and put me on probation for a year to get rid of the point. I was also 17 at the time and it was my first ticket - and the only one so far. Let's just say I've been VERY lucky since then
#21 Old 09-27-2007, 01:14 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Got one for just over $400. It was exhibition of speed and 65 in a 35 I believe. The cop that pulled me over was like, "What are you driving?" It was my 2000 Ford focus that had a V-8 swap in it. I told him a focus, and he was like didnt know they were that fast. Told him it wasnt stock and he just gave me the ticket.

Have yet to get one in the WRX, but did get a warning for drifting a corner and "touching" the yellow center line, lol, that was kind of fun and funny.
#22 Old 10-08-2007, 06:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

Black05WRX is an unknown
I got about 2,700 fine in my Eclipse for chirping the tires so I went to court the guy dropped the charges after we talked about it and he only made me pay 100 bucks. I got all my points still and this was 2 years ago almost 3.
#23 Old 10-08-2007, 10:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

Fidrat is more helpful than not
I got 7 tickets in 1 night. Back in May 1983 graduation night. Long story short...I am not Burt Reynolds nor did I have a black 77 Trans am.

The sensation is as hard to forget as it is to ignore!!!
#24 Old 10-09-2007, 09:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

THR3E11EVEN is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to THR3E11EVEN
114 in a 60..first ever ticket...hit me with speeding, c&i, and unsafe lane changes..
still waiting to go to court...the lawyer costed $400.00 and he's been re-sheduling the court date since Sept. 13...just waiting to see whats gonna happen...I've done 42 hours of community service though and an 8 hour dip class...so hopefully it won't be anything worse than like $600 and a year of prob.

Dub-R-X
#25 Old 10-12-2007, 04:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

TelsaCoil is an unknown
75 in a 35 for me in a little town $ 420 and 8 points, the cop screamed at me for 20 minutes and threatened to through me in jail and take my license on the spot. i fought the ticket and 4 months later went to court and the cop never showed so i got off scott free. Lucky day for me
#26 Old 10-12-2007, 06:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

dalejrnut is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorofosho View Post
I didn't get a ticket but its kinda funny. I was pulling into the local park for fourth of july and this black dodge charger unmarked police car was stopped in the middle of the road so i went around him and accelerated. Then about thirty seconds later after i had parked and was turning off the car he came barreling through the parking lot(not the lanes but the parking spaces which is illegal) at about 45 and goes around this kid on a bike and stops and walks up and says" you in a hurry son?" Cause it sure sounded like you where going fast when you past me." Just a warning but slow down cause this is a park with little kids and elderly people that you could hit." It sounded like i was going fast? Little kids like the one you almost hit going 45 straight through the parking lot? oookk I got a good kick out of it.
I had a similar incident a couple weeks ago. I was driving down a road following 2 commercial trucks and the road then split in to two lanes... And the assholes in the commercial trucks split doing the exact same speed and occupied both lanes going under the speed limit. Road opens up to three lanes so I blast the STI from 30 to 60 in a 45 zone and push the clutch in and let it roll now that I'm clear of the bastards. All the while not noticing that theres a cop 10 cars back. He sees me do this pulls into the right lane and comes flying up behind me. As soon as I saw him pull out from the traffic I got on the brakes and got it down to 45 but he still comes flying up on my bumper. Sits maybe a foot off my bumper for 100 feet and then decides to give up. So he pulls in to the next lane and just starts yelling at me. "What are you a fire chief? Where's the fire?" So of course I just yes sir no sirred him all the while driving down the road... I'm still laughing now cause I know hes pissed as hell that he couldnt get radar on me when I pulled out.
#27 Old 10-12-2007, 08:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

DraconisWRX is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalejrnut View Post
I had a similar incident a couple weeks ago. I was driving down a road following 2 commercial trucks and the road then split in to two lanes... And the assholes in the commercial trucks split doing the exact same speed and occupied both lanes going under the speed limit. Road opens up to three lanes so I blast the STI from 30 to 60 in a 45 zone and push the clutch in and let it roll now that I'm clear of the bastards. All the while not noticing that theres a cop 10 cars back. He sees me do this pulls into the right lane and comes flying up behind me. As soon as I saw him pull out from the traffic I got on the brakes and got it down to 45 but he still comes flying up on my bumper. Sits maybe a foot off my bumper for 100 feet and then decides to give up. So he pulls in to the next lane and just starts yelling at me. "What are you a fire chief? Where's the fire?" So of course I just yes sir no sirred him all the while driving down the road... I'm still laughing now cause I know hes pissed as hell that he couldnt get radar on me when I pulled out.
Lol both these stories were good. This morning on my way to work I pulled a slide through an intersection (Its like 1 AM ) and half way through it out of the corner of my eye... SALT LAKE COUNTY SHERIFF. I thought I was screwed but he didn't even move. Once I was out of his line of sight I gunned it, for about 1/2 a mile and then pulled into the parking lot where I work...
#28 Old 10-23-2007, 06:48 AM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
$2500 dollars total for the ticket, court, impound fees, lawyer and getting my license back. Lost my license for 1yr. 114mph in a 55 zone, no there was no school zone present or I would have gone even faster...This happened many years ago when I lived in Florida, late 80's early 90's, and racing across Gandy Bridge was the place to street race. I learned from that experience and have gone to the track since. Scary thing about it was I still am not sure how the heck they clocked me, but when the cop was swearing at me before he got out of the car I didn't really bother to argue. Not my proudest moment anyway.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#29 Old 10-25-2007, 10:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

deathskrye is an unknown
Lol im sorta of a new driver so all i have gotten was a 58 in a 35. so 23 and i got a 136$ ticket and 6 points. I missed my court date so all those dam points. It was actually a 55 in a 15 but the cop that like watches our school gave me a break and didnt count it in a school zone. Thank god...but yea quick question... how long does it take for points to go away? and once you reach 12 you get your lisense suspended right?
#30 Old 10-25-2007, 10:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxman420 is more helpful than not
I went over my 12 points and got my license suspended for 6months. Too many speeding tickets.