Someone Smacked My Car - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-05-2009, 05:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

robelia1 is an unknown
Someone Smacked My Car

So I came home sunday after spending 4 days in boston and pulled up to this...does anyone think this could be banged out or do i need a new door?
Name:  Car 1.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  90.8 KB

Name:  Car 2.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  89.8 KB

Name:  Car 3.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  112.4 KB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-05-2009, 05:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
I'd say a new door, it looks like there is some creasing in the dents... ouch. I'd be livid, sorry man. At least it's contained in the door panel.

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
#3 Old 01-05-2009, 05:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

robelia1 is an unknown
Thanx dude I was sooo pissed cause I just got home from a trip and was going to get organized to start working again ( I teach) and came home to this. On a 2 year old crystal gray metallic I am wondering how much an auto body place would have to blend the paint. If I can bring them the door from a junkyard or ebay and just have them paint it and put it on I might be in good shape, but if they have to blend it I think I'm screwed.
#4 Old 01-05-2009, 06:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Are you sure it's crystal grey metallic? My dealer told me it was urban grey metallic, when i bought my 06 wrx. Hopefully if you find a junkyard door from a 06-07 grey wrx. It should be close enough. If it's a older door...you'll need to pray it matches. After getting it painted or get it blended. Yeah man, I'd be very pissed if i came back from vacation to see that. Not much you can do, but its a hit to the wallet for sure.
#5 Old 01-05-2009, 06:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

robelia1 is an unknown
yea im about 99.9% sure its crystal gray metallic. Ive never seen anything called urban gray metallic, and have subaru oem touch up paint in crystal gray metallic.
#6 Old 01-05-2009, 06:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
open up the hood of your car and there should be a data plate with the paint code on it.
2006 Subaru Impreza Touch Up Paint Colors

have you talked to your insurance yet?

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
#7 Old 01-05-2009, 06:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

robelia1 is an unknown
no, see i have a $1000 deductible. So if it's not going to cost over 1000 theres no reason to claim it. it would probably be best having an auto body place get a new door, paint it and blend with the rest of the car but if i can get one at a junkyard or ebay have them paint it and hope it's as close to the faded paint I'll do that. And geico gets real nasty after you make a claim i have heard
#8 Old 01-05-2009, 07:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
items left over from 05 sti part out w/16k - NASIOC

Yahoo! Maps, Driving Directions, and Traffic

found one for you....might be worth the drive

#9 Old 01-05-2009, 07:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

robelia1 is an unknown
sweet man thanx, i just left the guy a message, the door is listed at 150 that's a pretty good deal.
#10 Old 01-05-2009, 10:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

no problem, glad i could help. keep us informed

#11 Old 01-06-2009, 09:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

robelia1 is an unknown
So I found a door shell that I can get for 150, the auto body place wants to charge me 625-650 for painting the door, assembling the door and then blending it from front door to tail light. This sound reasonable? The guy who is selling the door is offering to put it on for whatever I want to toss him but the auto body place said bringing it assembled would be of no use because they need to paint the inside of the shell and make sure the job is done right and with quality (in a nutshell). What do you guys think?
#12 Old 01-07-2009, 07:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

robelia1 is an unknown
bump...
#13 Old 01-07-2009, 11:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

i think it's better to paint it while it's off the car like stated because you don't run the risk of paint on your interior unless they cover the whole thing. painting the inside of the shell is only a great idea if you completely want to get rid of all evidence that it was a different door. it's not a bad price but i would try to get atleast 2 or 3 more quotes from other places.

my friend had a good size dent repaired (nothing like yours though) and blending on about 30% of the car and it ran him $1300

#14 Old 01-07-2009, 11:57 AM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
Can you hold out until you find a matching door?

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
#15 Old 01-07-2009, 06:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

robelia1 is an unknown
I guess I could but I think finding a crystal gray metallic, which i think was a new color for 2006 would be tough to find. I got another quote today which was 800 just for the painting. Going with the 1st one until I can find something cheaper