So this makes #4, Hi guys! - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 11-13-2011, 05:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I'm not, its so hard holding off. But it will be oh so worth it!
My bug is getting resprayed back to a factory finish with income tax money, I hate respraying a rare species but the old paint just has one too many flaws now.

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 11-13-2011, 10:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
incorrectly...go on, as you seem to be the only one who sees it.

And Randy you better not be kidding about the 2013, that would make the best Subaru ever.

Check the middle grille.
#18 Old 11-13-2011, 11:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
Oh, lol. I guess that's a preference thing. Doesn't bother me at all. But it's currently getting a sedan front end, which requires a new front bumper, flared sedan fenders and not required, but for other reasons a new hood.

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
#19 Old 11-14-2011, 05:10 AM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
you also need sedan front control arms or the track won't be wide enough for the flared fenders

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#20 Old 11-14-2011, 05:47 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Badass Brandon. Me likes. I like the headlights and bumper. Actually looked at a wagon for the wife a couple months back.

Glad you're back around.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#21 Old 11-14-2011, 10:12 AM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
Thanks Paul. Matt, I vaguely remember reading that now, I need to look into that. But most guys part lists for the swap just had fenders, bumper, and fender liners. Just about everything I read said mechanics stay the same. Why the control arms? What do you mean track...

-Brandon
#22 Old 11-14-2011, 10:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
Thanks Paul. Matt, I vaguely remember reading that now, I need to look into that. But most guys part lists for the swap just had fenders, bumper, and fender liners. Just about everything I read said mechanics stay the same. Why the control arms? What do you mean track...
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f53/...ts-same-15387/
#23 Old 11-14-2011, 10:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

Thanks
So the control army necessary so much as they'll help fill out the new Wells and prevent under steer. I plan on getting some positive offset wheels to fill them out as well.

-Brandon
#24 Old 11-14-2011, 12:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
you don't want to use wheel offsets to fix the issue, it will just accelerate the wear and tear of your wheel bearings

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#25 Old 11-14-2011, 01:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Good looking out guys. A lot of people don't mention the control arms. Are the half axles going to be long enough if the sedan control arms are longer?

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#26 Old 11-14-2011, 01:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

Ya, they still work from what I read. I'm still not sure why changing only body parts necessitates a mechanical change, other than its the proper way to flush it out I suppose?
But if thats the case then really what you're saying is any positive offset on a stock wagon will wear bearings faster, because my fenders have nothing to do with it. Or am I missing something?

-Brandon
#27 Old 11-14-2011, 01:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

that and a wider track width helps handling

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#28 Old 11-14-2011, 05:11 PM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
It's debatable whether the slightly better grip in corners from the wider track outweighs the higher drag coefficient from the wider fenders. On a road with long straights and sweeping turns, the stock wagon bodywork wins out Now, if you do it up right with sedan rear fenders (and suspension) the coolness factor trumps any areodynamic efficiency lost

Cullen
#29 Old 11-14-2011, 07:15 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonracer View Post
It's debatable whether the slightly better grip in corners from the wider track outweighs the higher drag coefficient from the wider fenders. On a road with long straights and sweeping turns, the stock wagon bodywork wins out Now, if you do it up right with sedan rear fenders (and suspension) the coolness factor trumps any areodynamic efficiency lost
I have seen that done before on a white 06 wagon. Was absolutely beautiful. But Im pretty sure the sedan was more aerodynamically efficient than that wagon, not to mention the wagon weighs more than the sedan from the show room floor. I just remember seeing those numbers some where awhile back. I will try and post up the info if I can find it again.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#30 Old 11-14-2011, 07:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

wagons have a slightly smaller drag coefficient but they weigh 80lbs more in factory trim

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt