So this makes #4, Hi guys! - Subaru WRX Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-12-2011, 02:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
So this makes #4, Hi guys!

HELLO! Been a while since I've been on. Honestly I think I hated my STi so much it kind of killed my passion to modify it, detail it, care about it etc. I just really, really hate silver. (I just like actual color, some of you guys have nice clean silver Subies) And I couldn't bring myself to paint a car I got so many comments/compliments on. Figured I'd just sell it to someone who appreciated it. But it very, very nearly got painted blaze yellow

But first I did these things:

Modwise and maintenance wise, I did my first suspension overhaul putting in swift sport springs on the stock struts, blacked out my headlight housing, powdercoated the BBS wheels in gunmetal, detailed the interior like I never have before. My wife almost wanted to keep it when I was done, she said it looked new again,!Laugh! And I had the front bumper completely repainted and restored.

Always wanted to learn to drive my cars how they were meant to be. Fortunately, my wife is RAD! Primitive Rally Cross school 2011 in Portland, Or taught by Paul Eklund.
This was my anniversary present this year. Technique in class the first night, Three courses the next day as well as a TSD rally mock on the way to lunch, a full course rally cross on the way back. The third day was open to all, so we got to compete against experienced rally crossers.

Paul's car after rolling it six times down the face of a mountain:

At paul's shop, a rollover simulator. It was rad!

My ipod dock installation. Basically I dremmel'd out a spot in the inlay in front of the stick, and glued in one of those plastic trims that come with any ipod home dock, and oped up the hole to glue in my stereo's ipod cord. Viola! ipod dock.

So, I sold the STi a few weeks ago. Something had been whining at certain speeds for a while, (sounded like the rear dif) so I know it wasn't going to last forever. I was very straight forward about all the problems, and still sold it after owing it for a year, putting 10k miles on it, and made a $1000 over my purchase price. Not bad.

I've never been into wagons, but I have no choice, I have to buy this. I'm picking up this beauty for a ridiculous price with a bad center dif in a few weeks. I already put money on it, so it's mine, but not letting any other details out until I get it in my driveway. I know some of you won't like it, and the wheels will be the first thing to go.

I've got a renewed excitement about my WRX and a lot to learn about wagons (I literally ignored everything wagon) I plan on being around a lot more. You guys have helped me a ton in the past, thanks!

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-12-2011, 03:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
now thats a nice WRX...except the headlights lol

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#3 Old 11-12-2011, 03:57 PM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
Wagons RULE !!

Cullen
#4 Old 11-12-2011, 04:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
^ times eleventymillion

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#5 Old 11-12-2011, 04:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I like the headlights....I think its a sweet new ride for you......props

P.S. When the 13's are released, I'm buying one and painting it Blaze Yellow

nice to see you back too man.
...................CHEERS!!!

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#6 Old 11-12-2011, 07:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Fix the headlights and have the bumper repainted correctly and you're set!
#7 Old 11-12-2011, 07:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
Thanks dudes!

I like the headlights a lot, but I know some guys don't. C6 style (housing matched) which I think is fitting since it's GM Atomic Orange. And actually it's coming with a different bumper entirely, although I literally see a flawless bumper in that pic...

-Brandon
#8 Old 11-13-2011, 07:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
I'm not a fan of a car show looking car. But, it definatly stands out in a crowd. My biggest beef is the head lights. I like manshows and light werkz blacked out head lights a lot better than color matched. Meh. But, I'm glad you found another car that gets you excited about subarus. I bet you wouldn't rally the atomic orange car. lol.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#9 Old 11-13-2011, 08:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Well it's better than nothing at all. Oh and how I do miss my rally days.... I wish I could get back into them, but I just don't have the time anymore. Heck I barely make it to the drag strip anymore. Sweet looking ride though, I don't mind the headlights at all, kind of goes with the whole car. These guys are just haters....lol

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#10 Old 11-13-2011, 09:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
I think she looks nice. I also don't see any issues with the paint on the bumper. Good Luck with the new ride.

so stock its not even funny...just kinda sad :(
-Randy
#11 Old 11-13-2011, 09:36 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
You shush over there mr broken trans.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#12 Old 11-13-2011, 11:05 AM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
And now you've owned a bug, a blob and a hawk....congrats on that as well

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#13 Old 11-13-2011, 02:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
You shush over there mr broken trans.
Well I can still drive it if I really wanted to, so it's not that broke Mister.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#14 Old 11-13-2011, 03:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
And actually it's coming with a different bumper entirely, although I literally see a flawless bumper in that pic...

It's painted incorrectly. Usually when you see a bumper like that it's an indicated that it's been in an accident, though in your case it's because the entire car was resprayed.
#15 Old 11-13-2011, 03:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

incorrectly...go on, as you seem to be the only one who sees it.

And Randy you better not be kidding about the 2013, that would make the best Subaru ever.

-Brandon