So..... - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 49 Old 08-15-2012, 09:12 AM
WRXtuners Member

AllExtinct is known to be trustworthy and helpful AllExtinct is known to be trustworthy and helpful AllExtinct is known to be trustworthy and helpful
^ +1

Cobb Accessport Stage 2.
JDM ej205 swap.

Hakuna Matata.

Chuck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 49 Old 08-15-2012, 07:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
If I don't come to a decision by the time the polls open. I will do that.... Dead serious

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
post #18 of 49 Old 08-15-2012, 11:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Except you don't know his real name

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
post #19 of 49 Old 08-16-2012, 02:27 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
I'm sure if the topic shifted to other areas, you'd find more of my views against your liking. You get people talking about abortion, capital punishment, immigration, separation of church and state, controlled substances, military spending, the space program, soft drink preference, M&M color preference, you're bound to make some enemies. I'm glad we made it through page 1 in a civil manor though.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
post #20 of 49 Old 08-16-2012, 02:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Heyyyy they aren't PLAIN M&M's...

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
post #21 of 49 Old 08-16-2012, 03:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
I'm sure if the topic shifted to other areas, you'd find more of my views against your liking. You get people talking about abortion, capital punishment, immigration, separation of church and state, controlled substances, military spending, the space program, soft drink preference, M&M color preference, you're bound to make some enemies. I'm glad we made it through page 1 in a civil manor though.
Abortion - My church says it's wrong, so it should be illegal.
Same Sex marriage - Sodomy! To the stake!
Capital punishment - God says turn the other cheek
Immigration - God created all men equal but keep those dirty foreigners out of my country!
Controlled Substances - If it's natural god wanted us to have it, otherwise illegal! Except all those prescription drugs, those are ok.
Military Spending - All men have the right to defend themselves
Space Program - Humans aren't meant to fly! Witch!

Separation of Church and State - Shit. I guess that makes all my arguments above void? Eh, we'll just ignore this one and I'll still push my beliefs into the laws I make.

Nutshell America Nutshell

Too much seems to be getting driven by religion these days that the lines of separation of church and state are blurring. I consider myself a republican but I differ on abortion and same sex marriage.

I could care less what you do to your body or how you live your life, and most arguments for both of those are based on X church says it's bad so we shouldn't allow it.

Immigration today with Latino's is just like immigration was with Italians and the Irish in the 1900's. Everybody already here was against it at the time and now most of us are at least a little Irish or Italian. Get over it.

Basically I hate politics and politicians, but I really hate people that think they know everything about politics and policies and make sure you know it.

Edit: wow didn't know you can use the G word, revised to same-sex.

-Chris
post #22 of 49 Old 08-16-2012, 06:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

AllExtinct is known to be trustworthy and helpful AllExtinct is known to be trustworthy and helpful AllExtinct is known to be trustworthy and helpful
It's funny how some people get all worked up about talking about politics.
I was at a party last weekend and lone behold politics came up "isn't it ironic".
So long story short they talked for about 5 mins before they started arguing.

Religion is another thing that gets people worked up, the thing I don't understand about religion is if money is the root of all evil, then why do they ask for it in church?

Cobb Accessport Stage 2.
JDM ej205 swap.

Hakuna Matata.

Chuck.
post #23 of 49 Old 08-16-2012, 06:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllExtinct View Post

Religion is another thing that gets people worked up, the thing I don't understand about religion is if money is the root of all evil, then why do they ask for it in church?
I dont have that answer as I dont go, But I do know that I remodeled a house built for the pastor or something , of some church with the church funds. New windows, new bathroom, new kitchen...I thought that was a bit disturbing..... any-who

I seem to agree with most of what you guys are saying about all topic. But than disagree with some.
Getting peoples views on this doesn't have to result in......I HATE YOU CHRIS!!!! YOU GO TO CHURCH...or stupid nonsense like that. I'm am not you and you are not me. Feel free to do and believe anything you desire and I will do the same.
I like some republican views, but agree with more democrat. Sorry(I'm human ). What I'm really trying to say here is we can all think believe and do differently in our lives. At the same time can also have a beer and talk cars with each other. We as Humans are just going to have some sort of common interest with everybody. I think that's great, and us regulars on here have became friends to some extent (online ) which is not based on these topics, so regardless of whats said here, I will like you all just the same as I did one month ago.

P.S. Blue M&M's suck ass, and if you like them than P* SS OFF!:eek:

Randy-
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
post #24 of 49 Old 08-16-2012, 08:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
LEt me guess.... You like the yellow M&M's? lulz

You know what is REALLY weird with this forum?

It's always the same ppl talking about different topics....

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
post #25 of 49 Old 08-16-2012, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Man we went from talking about the country's money woes to blue M&M's...what a great site this is....

Here is my take on some things:
1) ghey marriage, don't care if it's legal or not, I just get sick of people throwing it in my face. If your ghey fine then be ghey, be happy with someone you love, but don't expect me to kiss your but.

2) Religion, If it gets you through the day and makes you a better person then be all means enjoy it. I don't believe, but that doesn't mean I will frown upon those that do. Sadly I probably know more about the subject than most so called "church goers". Again don't throw it in my face and I will be glad to hear your side.

3) Capital punishment, the crime should fit the bill. Why should we pay for some murder to sit in prison for 30+years waste thousands of tax dollars, that could go to better things, when clearly he did it. They don't in most other countries...

4) Abortion is to touchy a subject, but there are times when it should be deemed necessary or needed, but with in a controlled understanding, i.e. rape child, unhealthy fetus things of that nature, but not as a form of birth control.

5) Immigration, well if you don't belong here then you don't belong. We have legal means for becoming a citizen of this country, follow them. Again try that crap in another country and see what happens.

6) Drugs(controlled substance) Well if your needing them as prescribed by a doctor then fine, but only for a set amount of time. Personally I think this country is pill crazy anyway. Illegal drugs, you get one chance if you do it again, bam bam double tap head shot.... Drugs are bad umky!!!

7) Military spending...next question

8) Space program...Really what purpose does it serve to spend billions to send a robot to another planet with nothing worth while for us there? Not like we are going to be living there anytime with in the next 200 years, I come on we are using 50 year old technology to launch rockets still. Spend the money to learn more about our own planet....

9) M&M's please they all taste the same, just like we are all the same...Just different minds to think with.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #26 of 49 Old 08-16-2012, 10:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

I'm going to have to agree with all your answers Keith, except #9

Randy-
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
post #27 of 49 Old 08-17-2012, 08:22 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
8) Space program...Really what purpose does it serve to spend billions to send a robot to another planet with nothing worth while for us there? Not like we are going to be living there anytime with in the next 200 years, I come on we are using 50 year old technology to launch rockets still. Spend the money to learn more about our own planet....
While it spends a lot of money, think of the things we have today because of the space program.

List: Stuff We Use Everyday That Was Invented From The Space Program K-EARTH 101

From cell phones to computers, technology from NASA's space program continues to touch everyday life - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...xaV-pP4O9AJbuQ

That's not to say there's some money that could have been better spent though.

-Chris
post #28 of 49 Old 08-17-2012, 10:38 AM
WRXtuners Member

What about all the other stuff that they "say" came from the space program?

What about saving our landfills and they can start sending our "crap" out in space.

The more I think about all this space stuff gets me thinking of Spaceballs.

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
post #29 of 49 Old 08-17-2012, 12:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
I believe there is a speed that is faster than light, and that it should be called "ludicrous speed".

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
post #30 of 49 Old 08-17-2012, 01:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

We've gone Plaid. LOL

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
Closed Thread