Slowboy Racing Complaint - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 09-29-2011, 12:10 AM
WRXtuners Member

deadmoans is an unknown
Slowboy Racing Complaint

I have not been on this site much but I'm really fired up about this situation.

This might be old news to some...but here goes.

On 3/21/11 I bought AEM cam gears and a S90 throttle body for $471.61. I got the cam gears but I never got the throttle body.

Lots of calls and emails later I finally get the answer that they can't seem to get a hold of the S90 throttle body. So I say lets just get my second choice, a BBK throttle body.

I wait and wait and wait...no throttle body. Can't get a hold of it. I go to BBK's webpage and have one literally 4 days later.

So more calls and emails about the $280 refund. They finally agree to refund my money. Oh, wait they need the card info. So I provide the info and go so far to provide the transaction info from my checking account.

Still no refund 7 months later!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-29-2011, 04:26 AM
WRXtuners Member

rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to rex2002 Send a message via Skype™ to rex2002
#3 Old 09-29-2011, 05:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Where are they located ?

I'd run over there for you if it's within a reasonable distance. You do know this forum frowns upon vendor/seller bashing ?

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#4 Old 09-29-2011, 07:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

black beast2 is an unknown
^ I don't think he is really bashing them, he hasn't made any derogatory comments towards them. He just stated the situation he is in, witch I think helps other members on the fourm decide if they want to deal with the company.

I don't have to be mad to punch someone in the face!
#5 Old 09-29-2011, 10:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
Personally I'm friends with Mike the owner of SBR, over the past year he's been through some rough times and now is basically single handedly running things now, I'm not trying to make an excuse for him but he's a standup guy you'll get your money back I'm sure

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#6 Old 09-29-2011, 11:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Wasn't he basically run out of the mid Atlantic for shady dealings?
#7 Old 09-30-2011, 06:31 AM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
no they still have a shop in PA, he opened a second location in FL that closed due to the economy

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#8 Old 09-30-2011, 09:28 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
I have had issues with them back in the past right before they moved. I will just put it that I will NEVER EVER deal with them again. Personally knowing the guy and getting what you need is different than customers abroad trying to get a service from someone and not getting it. I know and could imagine its not easy running a business like they have, but at the same time other companies do it. To the OP best of luck getting your money back. I had to take a hit for mine unfortunately, hopefully you wont.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#9 Old 09-30-2011, 03:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
I meet Mike waaaayyy back in my old DSM days. Person to person he seemed like a cool dude, but I have always heard people complain about Slowboy.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...