Show & Go - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 04-08-2004, 08:21 PM
WRXpert

renichms is known to be trustworthy and helpful renichms is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Show & Go

I just cleaned up the cars really well, parked them to dry and for pics and took some. So, here are a few of them...

RN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-08-2004, 08:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

Tut4u2 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Tut4u2
Looks hot. We need close ups though

Che
#3 Old 04-08-2004, 11:48 PM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
What power mods to you have done to that PT? Whats it run?
#4 Old 04-09-2004, 09:58 AM
WRXpert

renichms is known to be trustworthy and helpful renichms is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally posted by IBAUCLAPla
What power mods to you have done to that PT? Whats it run?
At the moment, only header, cat-back and intake. With air ride in, it ran an 18 second 1/4 mile. Right now, I have intake manifold, turbo kit (16G), injectors, secondary fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, rods, rings, pistons, cams, adjustable cam gears, clutch and flywheel and a few other goodies waiting to go in. If you count them, it also has plugs, wires and new ignition coil other than factory. I've also put it back on springs and removed air ride pieces, so weight has dropped a lot.

In case you can't tell, it's a show car.

RN
#5 Old 04-09-2004, 12:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
Ricer
#6 Old 04-11-2004, 07:31 AM
WRXtuners Member

fc735 is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to fc735
Ban!
#7 Old 04-11-2004, 11:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

leetwrx is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to leetwrx
I love the STi, there is just something about PTs that turns me off. However, yours looks pretty ric.. i mean nice.
#8 Old 04-12-2004, 11:58 AM
WRXpert

Quote:
Originally posted by leetwrx
I love the STi, there is just something about PTs that turns me off. However, yours looks pretty ric.. i mean nice.
Show car. Hence the title, "SHOW & Go." It's not that hard to figure out. Seriously. And if you call a car for nothing but show rice when it isn't done up in a tacky manner, perhaps you should learn what rice is. Don't be late to class.

RN
#9 Old 04-12-2004, 12:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

leetwrx is an unknown
somebody is a bit defensive over their pt
how much hp does that hood scoop add on the pt?
#10 Old 04-12-2004, 12:28 PM
WRXpert

Quote:
Originally posted by leetwrx
somebody is a bit defensive over their pt
how much hp does that hood scoop add on the pt?
You're an ass. Hood scoop is functional. It's a ram-air hood, dumbass. Looks like someone can't stand not having as much as someone else. Want a cookie?

RN
#11 Old 04-12-2004, 02:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

WrxFoLife is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to WrxFoLife
Damn Renichms you are going at it. lol

But I give you props though on the cars,

Mike
#12 Old 04-12-2004, 04:22 PM
WRXpert

Quote:
Originally posted by WrxFoLife
Damn Renichms you are going at it. lol

But I give you props though on the cars,

Mike
Thanks. I get defensive when it's wrongly called rice, just like I do with the STi...and especially so when it's some 12 year-old GT3 racer doing it with a screen name that SCREAMS child like "leetwrx."

I take pride in my cars. For the PT, I take pride in the enormous stack of show trophies sitting in my room. For the STi, in the 3 autocross trophies (more to come with time ) and time slips from drag strips. Each is unique and neither is rice by even extremely liberal definitions of rice.

I thought since they were both cleaned up and looking pretty good, I'd take a few pics and show people the STi and PT I've been talking about (and that no one had a problem with). It would seem that was a bad idea.

RN
#13 Old 04-12-2004, 05:31 PM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
Hey I give you props. I haven't liked regular PT's since they came out but I gotta give you props on it. It looks tight and the STi is just sweet. Nuff said
#14 Old 04-13-2004, 01:08 AM
WRXtuners Member

leetwrx is an unknown
Ram air right into that air box eh? Or maybe the intercooler on that n/a. I also know that dual exhaust on a straight 4 is totally necessary for those two banks of cylinders. Oh yea...
Put a 426 hemi or 440 magnum in that baby with rear drive, then you have a car that necessitates the use of those items, but not a pre-daimler, 90s 4 banger chrysler engine.
Rice is usually defined as the unnecessary use of items for your car that do absolutely nothing for performance, and all for show. Yea, thats the point of your car -- SHOW and go. . trust me, I get it. But that show, is rice show, or whatever the domestic equivalent of that is, so sorry if you have a problem with what your car is, I meant no offense by it, it was imHo

I'm also a big fan of your videos, I especially liked how to launch an STi, it makes me jealous
Okay, ill get off my knees now.
#15 Old 04-23-2004, 03:29 AM
WRXtuners Member

boostin is an unknown
Chill out Renichms, you gotta understand that this is a performance sight with hardcore WRX performance attics. We have little respect about show cars(and very little knowledge) and nothing mean was meant by the comments. Props on the PT, its the nicest one I've ever seen, and the STI. BTW, who calls your STi rice?

Boostin