Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   The Hangout (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Should I wait for a 2013 WRX STI? (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f56/should-i-wait-2013-wrx-sti-32225/)

NewbergPSI 03-22-2012 12:19 AM

Should I wait for a 2013 WRX STI?

Hello all :P

I am wondering if I should wait for the "changes" to the WRX STI. The loss of .5 liters, the drop in weight. Or just order mine now.

Additionally it would be nice to know of the Limited is really worth it?

I come from a history of american muscle cars and really fast straight lines. I want a real drivers car so I'm trying to hold on not buy a BMW 135i and then Dinan stage 2 it.

I just love the sound of the WRX STI motoring...lol . Not as good as the sound of my old 04 525tq 528hp Cobra with SLP loud mouth exhaust but still. I live in the pacific north west and it rains here all the time and having an all wheel drive is kind of a must sometimes.

Thank you all :P

p.s. Any reason why all my local subaru dealers never return emails? What is with these guys? I have BMW and Nissan and Audi jump on it. Subauru dealers are just a bit too chill...:nono:

mosc 03-22-2012 12:44 AM

2013's not even announced yet. There's also a chance that there won't be a 2013 STi at all, the first one may be a 2014.

The changes you have heard about are not fact, they're just rumor.

NewbergPSI 03-22-2012 12:59 AM

[quote=mosc;277580]2013's not even announced yet. There's also a chance that there won't be a 2013 STi at all, the first one may be a 2014.

The changes you have heard about are not fact, they're just rumor.[/quote]

LOL so you are saying get one while you can. LOL

pzr2874 03-22-2012 05:56 AM

IF you can wait, wait. STi's are worth it

newtothegame 03-22-2012 09:10 AM

Paul with no real info out there, what is worth waiting for? Finding out if they actually change like the mention, or finding out you waited for something that is basically already out? If the company makes the changes, it would be smart to wait for a lighter more agile STI. But like Mosc said, the STI might be on hiatus for a year with all the changes.

So to the OP if you think you need one now, or want it that bad, and you can get what you want, I see no reason to prolong it. Go out and test drive yourself a few and see what fits you, and move from there.

pzr2874 03-22-2012 11:13 AM

It's a gamble... BUT what are the stakes? So what, you wait a yr and a half and it's the same... so what.... you wait a yr and a half and it's not the same and the changes are made to the car...

That's what I meant by "IF you can wait...wait".

newtothegame 03-22-2012 07:04 PM

Gotcha man. Its hard to "read between" the lines sometimes. Or maybe I was over thinking again.

turmic 03-22-2012 10:55 PM

Hope you have a huge down payment or a nice car to trade in. My one co-workers jetta won't start and he's just going to get a new car. He got quoted for a STI with: leather, SPT short shifter, and center console arm rest extender. On a 2012 STI...basically a STI limited. It came out to be $43 grand(with monthly payments of $800+)...but this same dealership said they'd get him a WRX off another dealership for about $33 grand. He waited 5 days and heard nothing from them. He called them and left 3 voicemails. They called him at the end of the day and said. Oh, yeah that car was sold. This was the manager of the dealership that he was dealing with. He told them thanks, but no thanks. He went to another dealership. Told them he wouldn't name names....but, explained his story to them how his experience was at another dealership. This dealership....which is actually closer to him. Knocked off 5k and gave him half off all the SPT parts he wanted on his 2012 WRX. It still equaled out to be still less than what he was quoted for a WRX from the other place. He's got about 7 weeks left of waiting until his car comes in. Crazy...

synolimit 03-23-2012 12:07 AM

loved working for a dealer for 3 years. its been 3 since i was there but i still walk in, get invoice on cars and 10% over cost on parts and walk out. that simple.

a base wrx should be about 24k and a sti about 32k. dont pay more!