Should I buy back my first car? Help me decide. - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 06-21-2011, 03:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
holy six and two thirds MPG batman

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 06-21-2011, 03:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
but it is beautiful

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#33 Old 06-21-2011, 06:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
They look nice.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#34 Old 06-21-2011, 10:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Thanks guys. Forecast calls for perfect weather on Friday again. My dad will be in town so it will be fun to go to the meet with him. In high school he and I would always go to Mustang meets in my old car.

I made an appt. in early July for my inspection at a local Mustang shop. If it checks out I'll make the appointment to have the car protuned. I'm curious as to what it will put down. I'd be happy with 400 rwhp since I still have the stock heads and cam. I think I'll stick with 8psi even though I know plenty of folks running 15psi with superchargers.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
#35 Old 10-10-2011, 01:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

any updates?

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#36 Old 10-10-2011, 03:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Actually, I do have updates, but very sad.

Since I got the car I noticed that my garage totally wreaked of gasoline smell. It had an Aeromotive fuel system on it with an huge stainless supply and return lines coming and going from the sumped fuel tank. It also had the charcoal canister removed so the fuel tank was vented to the atmosphere.

Through some research I found that the smell was caused by the braided stainless lines that allow the fuel vapors to "weep" out of the hoses. Replacing all the lines with teflon braided hose "may" have helped the smell but the fuel tank really needed a charcoal canister and all the solenoids and vacuum lines that go with it.

Since my garage is attached to the house, the smell was coming inside the house, and since I have two year twins and a wife inside the house, this wasn't working out for me.

It would have been several thousand dollars to start replacing this fuel system so it didn't smell, and after that was done I may not have had enough capacity to keep up with the fuel demands of the car. My old car runs on the stock fuel lines, so the new owner of my old car doesn't have this problem, but it's pretty risky to run over 500 hp with stock lines.

Anyway, I sold the car so that my garage wouldn't blow up in the middle of the night and I'll start my search all over again.

The moral of the story is to never run pump gas through braided rubber fuel lines.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
#37 Old 10-10-2011, 03:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

that's sad to hear man, hopefully you can find another one! or build a 2JZ foxbody!

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt